Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:00 AM

Thumbs up SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic 5/25/19 Recap

It was nice weather being outside breaking some clays at Triple B Clays yesterday (unlike rainy today!).

This was my 18th attendance of SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics since I started learning skeet shooting in last May. I started shooting NSSA registered skeet matches by CSSA and Sansei Skeet and this clinic has been providing me linear improvement of my skeet shooting skill and preventing to develop bad habits.

Coach Don Ziegler (CSSA Hall of Famer, Skeet World Champion) and the instructors Richard (Captain Dick) and Dave (trapperjohn) taught 8 students at this clinic. All registered calgunners are repeater (395dog, G_FNH57, Deluxe47, me) and they brought their friends. I'm glad to see the repeaters found the value of the clinics and brought their friends. More Ziegloids the better!!

I took some photos and videos of the clinic and placed them at:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZsYiXKz6UtogtpRPA

Hope this helps the students for reviewing what they learned today and continuing their study with Don's book they purchased. Also, others who have not taken the clinics will understand what Don's clinics look like. BTW, those who have been worried about Don's half-dead mini-van, he bought a new Lamborghini Zieglerallettare that you can see in the Google Photos above.

Toward the end of the clinic, the students were breaking more targets and had big smile on their face. Hope they come back again like I have been doing so for past 12 months.

Like the past clinics I attended, Coach Don, Instructor Richard and Dave, tailored their coaching for individual needs, focusing on basics for new shooters, successive skill building for repeaters. This includes proper gun-fitting and gun-mounting. Overall, Coach Ziegler's clinics deliver satisfactory lessons for the shooters of all skill levels, and I highly recommend the clinics to anyone who is interested learning shotgun shooting or improving their shooting skill.

When you attend this clinic, make sure to buy a copy of Coach Ziegler's book "Z Technique for Skeet Shooting", which will substantially help your continuous learning of skeet shooting.

Those who cannot attend this clinic during weekends, Coach Ziegler also has skeet classes at Triple B Clays every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting 10AM at the Field #10 or #11 (except for holidays).

I bet you will not get this awesome lesson just for $30 anywhere else in SoCal. Come out and see for yourself, sign up for one.

References:
SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics INFORMATION PAGE
SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics - NEW DATES and SIGN-UP Rosters
FYI - SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics debrief archives (2013 - 2019)

Last edited by hamajun; 05-26-2019 at 9:24 PM..
Old 05-26-2019, 12:00 PM

Awesome write up, videos, and photos Jun!

MidLife - "Just look at the bird. And swing smoothly to the shot. "

CaptainDick - " Faster! Faster! Faster! Don't think!
Old 05-26-2019, 9:58 PM

Jun, nice write up!
The pictures and videos are awesome.
But I have a question...With all the photo/video work you are doing, do you actually have time to shoot and learn

Just kidding...

My page...Give me some feedback.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
Jun, nice write up!
But I have a question...With all the photo/video work you are doing, do you actually have time to shoot and learn

Just kidding...
LOL And there are no pics of you either Jun.
Old 05-27-2019, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
Jun, nice write up!

Just kidding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecalguns View Post
LOL And there are no pics of you either Jun.
I skipped most of station 1 and 7 drills but shot other stations. I don't selfie.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg download.jpeg (7.9 KB, 27 views)