Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-06-2009, 3:46 PM

Question SR25/XM110 style upper

I am looking into building my dream rig, based on the sr-25, but am kinda new so maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

I know all the KAC receivers are on the list, but the fulton .308 lower is close, however the upper seems to be different, and rounded.

Is there any OLL upper that takes the styling from the SR25?

TIA!
Old 02-06-2009, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

You'll want to go with an Armalite-style build using a Noveske or Aeroprecision upper. You can actually order an SASS upper from Armalite and it will be a decent shooter (1 MOA accuracy guarantee). You'll have to call to order it though, I don't think they list it for online sale. Multiple firms competed for the SASS contract and armalite was among them. It might not have won, but you can be sure that its gonna be comparative to the KAC model. You can buy the actual SASS stock from knightarmco but its a rip-off for what you get. I believe they want $400+ for a tan colored A2 stock with an adjustable butt plate. You get more for your money with a Magpul PRS, IMO. Other than that just get a decent two-stage LPK and a nice optic and u are set.
Old 02-06-2009, 4:36 PM

Actually you should go with a DPMS / SR25 style upper and lower if you want to copy the M110 and SR25 rifles.

Man Up, Show Up, or Shut the @#$! Up.

America's Largest Street Gang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEr_mZf06Y
Old 02-06-2009, 5:30 PM
Veteran Member

And why is that? DPMS looks nothing like the KAC--and the Armalite has an adjustable gas block + MOA guarantee + Lifetime warranty. The KAC also runs an armalite style upper and lower.

Armalite SASS

KAC SASS

DPMS SASS

Last edited by Solidsnake87; 02-06-2009 at 5:32 PM..
Old 02-06-2009, 5:39 PM
Veteran Member

There are actually some real M110 uppers out there. I found one for sale on GB and it was one that was made for Canada, but they had too many so someone bought it and was selling the upper. It was like $3.5K or so.

Check out my LMT .308 AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton View Post
I have to try that method of attaching the front of a sling to the gun via pubic hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomb_on_bus View Post
Best part of buying that stock is it comes with its own complimentary jar of anal lube! There were several flavors to choose from, regular, hot cinnamon, or bacon. Im a man of danger so I chose Hot cinnamon to use with my bump fire buttstock.
Old 02-06-2009, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper3142 View Post
Actually you should go with a DPMS / SR25 style upper and lower if you want to copy the M110 and SR25 rifles.
The SR25 and M110 both use AR-10 receivers...

...but take DPMS magazines. Go figure.
Old 02-06-2009, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpach View Post
There are actually some real M110 uppers out there. I found one for sale on GB and it was one that was made for Canada, but they had too many so someone bought it and was selling the upper. It was like $3.5K or so.
The M110 "kit" has been sold on the civilian market in some states. My buddy works at a class 3 in Texas. He had one with a tagged price of $8000 for the whole thing (less supressor). It sold in 36 hours.
Old 02-06-2009, 6:59 PM

Thanks for all the great information.

The POF receiver resembles the KAC aswell, but I could only find traces of them ever being sold privately.

Damn this is a nice looking rifle:

Last edited by base64; 02-06-2009 at 7:04 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-08-2009, 6:35 PM

You'll pay a premium price for KAC parts, especially if they're SR-25 specific. And really, the SR-25 isn't any more accurate than what's currently available on the premium market today. And by premium, I mean higher end models from DPMS, Armalite, etc.

If what you want is an accurate 308 gas-gun, buy any one of the stripped lower receivers that are available in CA and send it to a reputable smith. They could build you an outstanding rifle for less money than you'll get trying to piece together a gun with SR-25 or other "official" gun parts.

By the way, the POF-308 is hard to find simply because it's only been out there for a little over a year. I'd suggest checking out The Sniper's Hide on occasion. You'll see those and other high-end guns going up for sale fairly regularly.

PS - Here's what each of those rifles look like in front a really tacticool Red Radio Flyer ...

Old 02-08-2009, 7:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I scored a 20" .308 POF upper today from CWS. They still have a couple of 16.5" in stock. These are pretty high end iIMO, very well finished, gas piston. I think Pirate14 has pictures up somehwere. They also had some 16" 6.8 uppers in stock.
all the best,
Mike
Old 02-08-2009, 7:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual Observer View Post
The SR25 and M110 both use AR-10 receivers...

...but take DPMS magazines. Go figure.
Thats the only way I got my Hesse .308 to work. Modified the "shelves" in the Armalite upper, And the mag well in the Hesse lower to accept DPMS mags.

Go figure.

California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...
Old 02-08-2009, 8:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime