Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 02-03-2009, 6:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Ladies Sound Off! Calguns Gun Show Booth - Would You Go?

Dear Calgunners,

As some of you who follow the 2A forum may have already seen, we are excited to be bringing to you a Calguns booth at the Cow Palace gun show on Feb 28 - Mar 1. The primary objectives for the booth are raising funds for the Calguns Foundation and the public's awareness of Calguns.net, helping to bring potential members to the site to learn about their firearms (and new ones), offer insight and contribute to this passionate and thriving community of firearms enthusiasts. With your help, we can make our first such showing a successful one and have an impact right out of the gate.

We need your help (yes, I am stopping to ask for directions!)... what can we do to make this booth stand out among many others and be one of interest to female shooters (or future shooters)? I firmly believe that the difference between maintaining and expanding our right to keep and bear arms in the future is right here, in this forum. Please help us get more women into the sport and interested in their rights. We want firearms enthusiasts of all genders and types to feel welcomed, included and part of the process; as such, we respectfully ask of you: how can we make this booth handgun-friendly and one for all types of shooters?

Some of you may have been wondering for years how you could make a difference and give back, but never knew quite how. Well, friends, this could be just the opportunity you've been waiting for. Some may be recent additions to the site; it doesn't matter, we need you, too! We are indebted to those who pioneered the use of this great communications tool for the betterment of our fundamental rights; for that, we thank you... and hope that you would once again be willing to take up the cause and help forge a new path forward in the advancement of our common passion and right to keep and bear arms.

Although this may be the first Calguns gun show event, it will not be the last. We have many committed volunteers and leaders who will be bringing the Calguns message to you at gun shows and events throughout the state. It would be greatly appreciated if you took just one moment and responded with your thoughts, comments and constructive criticism; please help us to make this as successful as have been so many other Calguns efforts.

If you are interested in volunteering or contributing in any way, please head over to this thread and let us know how you'd like to help.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Brandon Combs

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.

Last edited by wildhawker; 02-05-2009 at 6:56 PM..
Old 02-03-2009, 6:11 PM

Have a few females behind the booth, but not the model/slutted up type that usually attracts men.

A girl or two that are approachable, knowledgeable, and friendly would help women feel more comfortable discussing, supporting, and owning firearms IMHO.

Also maybe something (banner?) promoting the Ladies Forum at Calguns, maybe flyers of local ranges that may have ladies' nights, instruction information, etc.

Or even a flier that says something like "I think I want a gun. Now what do I do?" outlining the processes to (legally!) obtaining, maintaining, owning, shooting, etc.
I think there must be many girls who would like to get into guns but don't even know where to begin, and I think Calguns would be a perfect place for them!
Old 02-03-2009, 7:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I think having a female booth volunteer would be a great way to go... any interested in volunteering?

I'm trying to get some ladies Calguns shirts made for the show; if we pick them, we'll get it wrong . What style would be a happy medium? Also, we'll need to have about 3 standard sizes to make and have handy.

We will feature the Ladies Forum in the color brochures.

If there are creative women here who could make us a flyer to produce specifically targeted at the female enthusiast (and future enthusiast), please do help us make it happen!

Any questions or comments you wish out of the public forum, just pm.

Thanks again!

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 02-03-2009, 7:50 PM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Have a few females behind the booth, but not the model/slutted up type that usually attracts men.

A girl or two that are approachable, knowledgeable, and friendly would help women feel more comfortable discussing, supporting, and owning firearms IMHO.

Also maybe something (banner?) promoting the Ladies Forum at Calguns, maybe flyers of local ranges that may have ladies' nights, instruction information, etc.

Or even a flier that says something like "I think I want a gun. Now what do I do?" outlining the processes to (legally!) obtaining, maintaining, owning, shooting, etc.
I think there must be many girls who would like to get into guns but don't even know where to begin, and I think Calguns would be a perfect place for them!
This is a superb idea.

I've several friends that expressed that very thing. They kinda wanted to but did know not which step to take first or where to go.
Maybe a pamphlet set up in a FAQ format?
What to expect at a gun range?
What kind of gun should I buy?
Why do you need or want a gun?

Part of a series of Calguns pamphlets.

Why did you ladies get into guns?

Are you into guns like some of the guys or is it more of a tool?

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf

Last edited by Can'thavenuthingood; 02-07-2009 at 4:54 AM..
Old 02-03-2009, 8:58 PM
Vendor/Retailer

This is a great idea, something CGF will happily get behind. Keep the ideas flowing.

Postings are my own, and are not formal positions of any other entity, or legal advice.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

i attend the sf and san jose gun shows...usually. but the next cow palace event i think i'm commited to another interest of mine....

having said that, i have one suggestion: please encourage people in the booth to NOT get into political discussions re presidents of any flavor, etc. the last show i was at i heard a vendor going off and i found myself avoiding that booth and it seemed the person he was trying to brow beat was not impressed either. stay to 2nd amendment education and gun education, please.

movie zombie

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 02-04-2009, 5:30 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
i attend the sf and san jose gun shows...usually. but the next cow palace event i think i'm commited to another interest of mine....

having said that, i have one suggestion: please encourage people in the booth to NOT get into political discussions re presidents of any flavor, etc. the last show i was at i heard a vendor going off and i found myself avoiding that booth and it seemed the person he was trying to brow beat was not impressed either. stay to 2nd amendment education and gun education, please.

movie zombie
Indeed, we should remain focused on those topics which are relevant to our interests and goals (and those on which we're knowledgeable) ... an unhealthy debate will do more to dissuade people from stoppping by than anything else.

Thanks for the thought, good point.

Old 02-04-2009, 9:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm optomistic that we'll be receiving some more insights from this forum; could the many wonderful ladies here give us a hand with a brief description of the Ladies Forum here at Calguns? This will end up in the tri-fold flyer.

Would a graphic help to draw a female shooter's attention?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
I myself seems more comfortable approaching slutted up type women than model type looking.
Old 02-05-2009, 5:39 PM

you might want to avoid the "ettes" (as in Calgunerettes).... makes it seem as if we haven't got "full membership" here in this place...

articulate, friendly and women who are approachable by other women seems like the right way to go...
Old 02-05-2009, 6:14 PM
Cat-in-a-Box

and i thought it was just me that cringed at the "ettes"!!!!!!!!! thanks, Boatz!

mz

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Old 02-05-2009, 6:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatz View Post
you might want to avoid the "ettes" (as in Calgunerettes).... makes it seem as if we haven't got "full membership" here in this place...

articulate, friendly and women who are approachable by other women seems like the right way to go...
I agree. You are just Calgunners, nothing more nothing less. The fact that you all are female should make about as much difference as if you were black, blue, green, white, gay, straight, by, male, other, christian, jewish, muslim, etc. The fact that some of you might be willing to help at a calguns booth should mean that you more dedicated than others here.
Old 02-05-2009, 6:55 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Sorry all, I honestly didn't mean to imply anything of the sort. Please accept my apologies.

Old 02-07-2009, 1:42 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatz View Post

so, um, what do I have to do to become one of those "ettes"?

That was a joke folks!

keep us up to date on whats happenening with this CGF booth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander View Post
I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
-Gene
Old 02-07-2009, 4:51 AM
C3 Leader

Calgunettes was first used awhile back and if I remember correctly it was XCRMonger that coined the term, maybe it was me. My memory is good, its just short.
When speaking of the girls, women and ladies of Calguns I shortened the words or intent to Calgunettes, more cutesy I suppose.

I don't understand how it correlates to full or partial membership as I've always heard it referred to in the female form.

Regardless, I will strike the term from my vocabulary.

By the way, Black caps are coming, the mesh type with Calguns.net on the front.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Old 02-07-2009, 5:33 PM

I wore the pink camo Calguns.net cap to a gun show. Does that count as support? As a side benefit, DH had no trouble spotting me in the crowd.
Old 02-07-2009, 6:22 PM
C3 Leader

Yes, that is support

Thank you,

Vick

Old 03-20-2010, 7:46 PM
C3 Leader

I was digging around in the old threads, trying to educate myself on the gun show booths and such -- and I came across this one. I'm sorry I missed the chance to help back then when all of you were formulating ideas.

However, now that I'm here, I'd like to have this thought resurface. There are a lot of smart women on this site who give insightful comments.

The Vallejo Gun Show is coming up and since I'm new to the game, I would appreciate your help. I like the idea of a group of Lady Calgunners being very visible to the public. NorCal told me the blue polos looked very nice.

If you're willing and able, please drop me a line.

Thanks very much

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, CRPA Board Member
Old 03-21-2010, 7:18 PM
C3 Leader

I've been getting some very positive feedback and would like to thank all of you who have been chatting with me.

In case you didn't see the "official" Vallejo Gun Show thread in the Community section, the dates for the Calguns Booth are June 5 and 6. I'm looking forward to meeting you ladies in person. It'll be nice not to be the only girl manning the table.

Old 03-22-2010, 3:57 PM
C3 Leader

Is there anyone interested in helping as the Event Coordinator?

Old 04-01-2010, 3:44 PM
C3 Leader

Default Booth Update

Just a note to thank you ladies and gents who have generously volunteered to work the Cow Palace and Vallejo shows.

Vallejo has its shifts filled, but we're still looking for help at the Cow Palace if you can donate four hours of your time, please.

Thanks, Liz

Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
C3 Leader

Default FREE CHOCOLATES

Ladies,

I posted in the Cow Palace Gun Show Booth thread that I'll be bringing donuts for the men who will help fill in the remaining shifts. If you're not into donuts, maybe something sweeter?

If any of you gals can please help at the Cow Palace, I'll bring chocolates for you.

Please don't let the show get scrubbed because we lack help.

Thanks, Liz

Old 04-06-2010, 7:04 PM

If I was closer

Random Thoughts of a Cereal Kind.
Old 04-06-2010, 7:11 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajedene View Post
If I was closer

Thanks for responding. The Cow Palace may be too far for you, but the folks in Southern CA are holding their Calguns booths too. You might want to chat with one of the C3s in your area.

I appreciate your interest -- keeping supporting us gals