Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 02-02-2009, 7:01 PM

Default New guy from San Diego with a couple of quick questions!

I've been a long time lurker of this site, and from what I've garnered it's absolutely wonderful! I hope to become a long time member and brush up my firearm knowledge.

I do have a quick question. I want to purchase a California legal AR-15, but in spite of the recent legal action president Obama is proposing some questions have arose.

1. If I buy a California Legal Ar-15 now, and the Assault Weapons ban is passed in the future, will I still be able to own my AR-15?

2. Where is the best place in San Diego (from your experience) to buy a California Legal AR-15? I just need a shop who will be willing to help me along the process and give helpful information and tips.

Thank you so much.
Old 02-02-2009, 7:06 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilian Rob View Post
I do have a quick question. I want to purchase a California legal AR-15, but in spite of the recent legal action president Obama is proposing some questions have arose.

1. If I buy a California Legal Ar-15 now, and the Assault Weapons ban is passed in the future, will I still be able to own my AR-15?
Nobody can say what a future ban may entail until a ban goes through the legislative process and is ready to be signed.

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Old 02-02-2009, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Nobody can say what a future ban may entail until a ban goes through the legislative process and is ready to be signed.
That's what I thought, just wanted to clarify.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2009, 7:25 PM

I would do a search for FFL dealer on this site and you'll have a list of them and then you should do an online search of what you want then order it through one of the listed FFL dealer.
Old 02-02-2009, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linh View Post
I would do a search for FFL dealer on this site and you'll have a list of them and then you should do an online search of what you want then order it through one of the listed FFL dealer.
Thanks, I'll go ahead an do that sometime this week!
Old 02-02-2009, 8:17 PM

Only took a sec.

Read these two thread, then search if needed then ask all the question you want.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ght=ffl+dealer

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ght=ffl+dealer
Old 02-02-2009, 8:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I've been a long time lurker of this site, and from what I've garnered it's absolutely wonderful! I hope to become a long time member and brush up my firearm knowledge.

2. Where is the best place in San Diego (from your experience) to buy a California Legal AR-15? I just need a shop who will be willing to help me along the process and give helpful information and tips.

Thank you so much.

Most likely any one who owns a rifle which ends up getting banned will be allowed to keep them, similar to how some people have hicap mags or .50 caliber rifles.

BDD
Old 02-02-2009, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Where is the best place in San Diego (from your experience) to buy a California Legal AR-15? I just need a shop who will be willing to help me along the process and give helpful information and tips.

Thank you so much.
There's a ton of helpful information here in the OLL Assembly Guide, and other links, including those from the sponsoring vendors. You can also see what options may be available from going to the Crossroads Gun Show this weekend at Del Mar. I wouldn't expect to see fantastic prices with our current state of firearm affairs, but i'm sure there will be a few vendors with AR's for sale.

As for an OLL friendly FFL in San Diego, Don Gussler is the man. Here's a link to his info: http://getffl.com/Gusslers.htm In fact, he's usually at these shows too. Best of luck to you Reptilian Rob!
Old 02-02-2009, 9:30 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Rob, welcome to Calguns, hope you enjoy your stay!

Turby
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM

Royal Loan on El Cajon Blvd will sell you a OLL, the rest can be mail ordered from any vendor nation wide. Fact is Sat they still had a few available...
Old 02-03-2009, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruzer619 View Post
There's a ton of helpful information here in the OLL Assembly Guide, and other links, including those from the sponsoring vendors. You can also see what options may be available from going to the Crossroads Gun Show this weekend at Del Mar. I wouldn't expect to see fantastic prices with our current state of firearm affairs, but i'm sure there will be a few vendors with AR's for sale.

As for an OLL friendly FFL in San Diego, Don Gussler is the man. Here's a link to his info: http://getffl.com/Gusslers.htm In fact, he's usually at these shows too. Best of luck to you Reptilian Rob!
Hey thanks!

I found a Stag arms AR-15 that is CA legal at http://www.lanworldinc.com/Stag.htm# but the waiting period is 20 weeks.......