Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 01-03-2019, 4:26 PM

Thumbs up Don Ziegler's skeet weekday class debrief - 1/1/19 and 1/3/19

I took Don Ziegler's skeet weekday classes on Jan 1st and Jan 3rd. I have been taking Coach Ziegler's SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics during the weekends, but this was my first time attending his weekday class at Triple B Clays.

Other students were the advanced shooters who have been taking his weekday classes regularly. Coach Ziegler mainly focused on training us how to break pairs consistently at Station 2 through 6. For Station 2 and 3, he coached us to set correct foot position, hold point, and eye point to shoot the high house target before it reaches over the trap house which allows the shooter to break the low house target with minimum movement. After the training focused on doubles, we did regular rounds. We shot 4 boxes, more than typical weekend classes.

I highly recommend for the shooters of all skill levels to take Coach Ziegler's weekday classes if you schedule does not permit to attend his weekend classes, i.e. SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics. He teaches at Triple B Clays every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting 10AM at the Field #10 (or #11) except for holidays. He said walk-in is welcome, but I'd suggest to contact him ahead of time to confirm the schedule and availability.

Coach Don Ziegler 949-576-5906
Time/Location: Tue-Wed-Thu 10am-noon at Triple B Clays Field #10 (or #11)
Class Fee $20

Those who can attend weekend classes, please see:
SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics INFORMATION PAGE
SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics - NEW DATES and SIGN-UP Rosters
FYI - SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinics debrief archives (2013 - 2018)
Old 01-03-2019, 5:07 PM

I was one of three attendants on January 1st. Usually the weekend clinics have any where from 4-8ish attendees. So this small class was a welcome one.
I wasnt able to shoot a lot of clays in December. I may have missed a clinic or two as well in December. So I figured why not start of the new year right. I was quite excited to shoot clays on the first day of the year.
Don asked me what I needed help with. You don't hear that often at the normal weekend clinics! Like Jun said we practiced doubles & Station 8. Which is what I asked for help with.
Now at a normal clinic it's shoot 2 rounds & wrap it up. This time around we shot 4 rounds. 3 practice rounds & one normal game of skeet. Good day I reckon.

Give the clinic a shot you'll learn something new. & thanks for reading!
Old 01-03-2019, 8:24 PM

Wow! You guys are upping your game!

I gotta practice last week's lessons this weekend. Drop the knee, tuck and slide. Stand and face your target with less pivot. I think you guys were getting the same instruction.

MidLife - "Just look at the bird. And swing smoothly to the shot. "

CaptainDick - " Faster! Faster! Faster! Don't think!
Old 01-04-2019, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
Wow! You guys are upping your game!

I gotta practice last week's lessons this weekend. Drop the knee, tuck and slide. Stand and face your target with less pivot. I think you guys were getting the same instruction.
Yes, Coach Z repeated the same lessons we learned at the 12/27 class and taught us some new things.
Old 01-05-2019, 3:42 PM

Sounds like it was a good clinic, need to do one of the weekday sessions.

My page...Give me some feedback.