Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 01-24-2009, 1:16 PM

Talking HI ALL! GLAD I FOUND YA!

My name is Rick and I'm unfortunate to be a GUNLOVER and live in Kalifornia.

But, the weather is nice. I grew up in Oceanside, south of Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, and can remember my Dad dropping me off in the hills of Carlsbad to shoot my .22 all day. I could go all the way to the ocean and not run into anyone. In 1969, when I was 15 years old, with my Rem. .270 over the hill in the middle of Oceanside to a police shooting range and shooting by myself all day. Alas, those days are gone!!

But I could go on and on about how crappy this state has become. But it appears we have a similar voice here. I'm enjoying reading all the threads.

I'm trying to get as many weapons as I can before Joebama makes it a crime to own a BB gun.

Looking for a semi-auto tactical 12 ga. And why am I told Ruger's "The Judge" and the LCP aren't legal in KA?

Rick

"UH UH.....I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKIN'. DID HE FIRE 6 SHOTS OR ONLY 5. WELL, TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, IN ALL THE EXCITEMENT I KINDA LOST TRACK MYSELF. BUT BEIN' THIS IS A .44 MAGNUM, THE MOST POWERFUL HANDGUN IN THE WORLD, AND WOULD BLOW YOUR HEAD CLEAN OFF, YOU'VE GOT TO ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION: 'DO I FEEL LUCKY'.

WELL...........DO YOU PUNK?"
Old 01-24-2009, 4:54 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Is the Judge on the CA roster of certified handguns for sale? Same with the LCP? If not - then the gun is not legal for sale by a dealer. A private party who already owns one, and wishes to sell, could do a PPT at a dealer, though. If you are moving here from out of state, you could also personally import these handguns for personal use (not resale) legally. There is a voluntary form you can fill out to get these and any other non-AW handguns in your name should you opt to do this. As it appears you have been living in CA all your life, your best bet is to either wait for the non-rosterable frame (NRF) strategy to play out, or to get one from a private party and do the transfer at a dealer.

Welcome to calguns, it's a great place.

Turby
Old 01-24-2009, 4:54 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Oh, and Taurus makes the Judge, not Ruger.

Turby
Old 01-24-2009, 5:24 PM

Oops....I knew that. Thanks for the info!

"UH UH.....I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE THINKIN'. DID HE FIRE 6 SHOTS OR ONLY 5. WELL, TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, IN ALL THE EXCITEMENT I KINDA LOST TRACK MYSELF. BUT BEIN' THIS IS A .44 MAGNUM, THE MOST POWERFUL HANDGUN IN THE WORLD, AND WOULD BLOW YOUR HEAD CLEAN OFF, YOU'VE GOT TO ASK YOURSELF ONE QUESTION: 'DO I FEEL LUCKY'.

WELL...........DO YOU PUNK?"