Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 09-26-2018, 9:37 AM

Default Advice on Phoenix Tactical Solutions or similar training

I want to sign my wife and I up to take some more advance handgun training. Shooting on the move. Drawaing from concealment or open carry. Defensive techniques. Etc.

I live in the West San Fernando Valley so somewhere within an hour drive would be great.

I found Phoenix Tactical online. Wondering if anyone has taken their courses and what you thought. Can you recommend other training outfits?

Thanks guys and gals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2018, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouscuban View Post
I want to sign my wife and I up to take some more advance handgun training. Shooting on the move. Drawaing from concealment or open carry. Defensive techniques. Etc.

I live in the West San Fernando Valley so somewhere within an hour drive would be great.

I found Phoenix Tactical online. Wondering if anyone has taken their courses and what you thought. Can you recommend other training outfits?

Thanks guys and gals.

Have you and your wife mastered the basics first? What's your score on the 700 Point Aggregate? Everyone wants to take "advanced" classes and get straight to the cool stuff. Not saying that's you, but seems to be the trend lately.
Old 09-26-2018, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooYah View Post
Have you and your wife mastered the basics first? What's your score on the 700 Point Aggregate? Everyone wants to take "advanced" classes and get straight to the cool stuff. Not saying that's you, but seems to be the trend lately.
We've been shooting for 2 years now. We hit the range every week, Sunday l, during this period. We are both very comfortable with safe handling of our firearms and are pretty good shots, well, when shooting paper that doesn't move.

That all said, I think I may have not worded my request correctly. While we want to pursue more advanced techniques, we are not looking to go straight into operator style training. LOL

I actually reached out to Pheonix Tactical earlier after reading many glowing reviews of them on other forums and this one. We are going to take their handgun 1 training on Saturday. See how it goes with the goal of advancing through their other courses.

Old 09-26-2018, 1:43 PM

I've taken several courses from PTS. They're a great bunch, I've been shooting since I was legally allowed to own guns and I still get a lot out of proper instruction. Good on you for taking the next step in your training.

Whatever your skill level, the guys at PTS will set the pace so that you get maximum benefit out of your time there. I recently took a group of 6 guys ranging from seasoned shooters and brand new owners. We had a great time out there. Highly recommended!

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 09-26-2018, 1:49 PM

I can personally recommend PTS! I have done a lot of training and Manni and shaun are really top notch all the way! You won’t regret going with PTS. Great for all levels from learning the basics to to high speed low drag oper9ing. Really incredible training team
Old 09-26-2018, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cable Guy View Post
I've taken several courses from PTS. They're a great bunch, I've been shooting since I was legally allowed to own guns and I still get a lot out of proper instruction. Good on you for taking the next step in your training.

Whatever your skill level, the guys at PTS will set the pace so that you get maximum benefit out of your time there. I recently took a group of 6 guys ranging from seasoned shooters and brand new owners. We had a great time out there. Highly recommended!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacticaldad View Post
I can personally recommend PTS! I have done a lot of training and Manni and shaun are really top notch all the way! You won’t regret going with PTS. Great for all levels from learning the basics to to high speed low drag oper9ing. Really incredible training team
Awesome. Thanks to both of you for sharing your experience. It mirrors every review I have since read about them. Sounds like I made a good choice. Best of all, it's a short drive for us. Really looking forward to this Saturday. I will be sure to share my experience with you all.

Old 09-26-2018, 2:22 PM

big thumbs up for PTS, taken multiple classes with them. Mani is very detail oriented and breaks down technique so it is easy to understand.

Last edited by John I.; 09-26-2018 at 2:23 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-26-2018, 3:56 PM

YES, I would highly recommend Phoenix Tactical Solutions. I have over 24 years of experience as a peace officer and Manni has helped me take my shooting to the next level. I have taken multiple classes at PTS with son my who was 18 years old at the time and had been shooting for about 2 years and with my brother who was just starting to get into the sport. Manni managed to incorporate our various skill levels into the class and we all left feeling positive about what we learned. As soon as the weather changes ww plan on taking his low- light tactical shooting class. Check out his videos on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2018, 5:47 PM

Totally recommend PTS for your training and area you live. The range is very easy to drive to and is just minutes from the fwy. The instruction at PTS is one of the best for time and money spent. They are safe and make sure everyone else is moving at the pace for their skill level. With the attention they show every student, it is like you are getting a private instruction. Great group that I recommend and refer.
Old 09-28-2018, 1:08 PM

Just wanted to give a quick update. So my wife and I are signed up for PTS Handgun 1 Training tomorrow. Excited to get out and learned/hone our skills.

If the training is anything like the communication I've had with Maani so far, it's gonna be great. He's been prompted to reply to all of my questions and to send over all the information we need to prep for tomorrow.

Awesome experience so far.
Old 09-29-2018, 2:43 PM

Having lunch now after finishing up the Handgun 1 class with Maani and Sean. WOW! What a fantastic day. These guys were great. I will be creating another post to leave a more detailed review but wanted to update this thread with our experience just in case others are following it or its found in a later search.