Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM

Default Prop 11 Redistricting Implementation email

Hello,

Didn't see this posted here, so I thought I'd pass it along. . . sorry if it's a re-post. I'm wondering if there are any worthwhile action items along the lines of prop 11.

===============================

Dear Proposition 11 Supporter:

The first steps toward Prop. 11 implementation are underway! If you are interested in being a part of this effort, here are a couple of things you can do right away:

* If you would like to be a part of implementing redistricting reform in California or even just monitor it, please sign up for the State Auditor’s “Interested Persons” email list. Contact Barbara Paget at barbarap@bsa.ca.gov, or reply to this email and we’ll forward your name and email to them.

* Whether or not you attend a hearing, please consider providing written comments on how you think the state should structure the commission selection process, including strategies for publicizing the commission application period, building awareness for what serving on the commission will require, identifying the most qualified candidates, and vetting candidates. You can find details of what the State Auditor is looking for by clicking here: http://www.bsa.ca.gov/pdfs/other/pro...e_20090112.pdf

Are you interested in serving on the independent citizens' commission yourself, or helping in other ways? California Forward is developing a comprehensive action plan over the next several weeks to identify steps we need to be taking to have a successful new system. What we need most of all are qualified voters to get involved. If you or your organization is in a position to help with any part of this process, or if you want to apply for the commission yourself, please contact me at mkopell@caforward.org.

Thanks very much,

Malka Kopell
Malka R. Kopell
Redistricting Implementation Project Director
California Forward
Our State, Our Solutions, Our Future
300 Montgomery Street, Suite 638
San Francisco, CA 94104

ofc - 415.362.9650 cell - 415.225.5726
mkopell@caforward.org
www.caforward.org
Old 02-03-2009, 5:37 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I was thinking about this the other day. Thanks for the update.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 02-03-2009, 6:40 AM

Yeah, thanks for posting. Sent them mail. This prop is a huge deal, and is IMHO our best hope for long-term change in CA.
Old 02-03-2009, 8:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

A lot of this went over my head. What can I do to help, and what should I do to help?

Thanks,

SwissFluCase
Old 02-03-2009, 9:54 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
This prop is a huge deal, and is IMHO our best hope for long-term change in CA.
this