Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 01-13-2009, 7:48 PM

Default BCT + AIT = Residency?

So as many of you know I'm going to Basic training soon. I'm doing OSUT which is one station unit training, meaning BCT+AIT in the same place one right after another. My question is does this count as proof of residency to buy a Springfield XDm which is not CA approved.

I know that a PCS would be but as I'm reserve and stationed here. This question only applies to BCT+AIT.
Old 01-13-2009, 7:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You probably dont want to even worry about personal weapons at that point. I believe in a TRADOC environment, you cant purchase firearms but I may be wrong. Wait till your flight home. I stopped in a gun shop in Georgia on my way to the airport and told them I was just looking and that I was from California. I had to fight my way out of there because everyone was trying to sell me an EBR
Old 01-13-2009, 8:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Tonycat, off course we know you are going to bootcamp, you have only posted about it like 50 times. LOL. Like Maddog said, don't even worry about guns when you are in training. You probably are not even going to have free time to think about your guns that you have at home. Just go to your training and quit thinking about getting a gun while at training.
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Old 01-13-2009, 8:14 PM

Well I don't want to just forget about it if this is an opportunity to get some stuff I would otherwise have to do without. I'm never leaving this god forsaken state so I can use every chance I can get.
Old 01-13-2009, 8:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyKat View Post
Well I don't want to just forget about it if this is an opportunity to get some stuff I would otherwise have to do without. I'm never leaving this god forsaken state so I can use every chance I can get.
This is an opportunity for nothing but training. You wont have residency, you wont have time. Residency is established when you are stationed somewhere, on PCS orders.

You have the chance to leave this state any time you wish, you just have to sack up and make it happen. Like instead of being a weekend warrior, you couldve gone active duty!

Old 01-13-2009, 8:30 PM
Calguns Addict

I dont think it will work, because you are their strictly for training, not PCS. I know in the Navy, if you are to be in training for more than 6 months, they PCS you and cut you orders again when you get a duty station. If that was the case, you would be fine. But I dont think your orders will work if they are only TDY orders.

Just wait till you are back and worry about it then. by that time, the whole NRF thing should be sorted out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrage View Post
Over reaction to non-crimes by State loyalists. If they keep up their heavy handed crap, soon it'll be a better gamble to shoot at cops before they even start bothering you considering the amount of time they're willing to put you in prison for if you cooperate.

Seems like that pendulum is about to shift.
Is this your Calguns?