Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:10 PM

Default Stag lead time???

Hello all,

I put a deposit down on a Stag Model 2T on Nov 24. At the time I ordered it he said I was looking at 2 to 7 weeks for delivery???????? Whatever that means. Sounded like BS(he just wanted to make the sale, I figured 8 weeks was probably realistic) to me but I ordered anyway. I am going on like week 7 now and still....no AR.

The dealer is not really good about communicating. I consider myself to be patient, but I am troubled about giving my cash in good faith and not given a hard week for delivery or even more than "Shipment is still not here and we don't know when it will be here". How do you do business like that?
I have heard that Stag is pretty good about giving accurate delivery dates. How come I cannot get an honest answer.

My question:
Has anyone ordered a Stag on or around NOV 24? If so, what kind of delivery time were you given? I am sure your dates will be more accurate than the line of BS I have been fed.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Vendor/Retailer

i dont got one on order, but when i was looking at Stags around that time, lead times were in the range of 12-15 weeks

Deal of the Week - Updated Every Monday

http://www.alliedbrassprocessing.com/
Professional Brass Processing Service of your 223/5.56, 300 AAC Blackout and 9MM brass at an affordable price
PM me about local dropoff and pickups
Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned

lol, you bought in the very middle of the crush, with the distribution channel running out and the manufacturer getting seriously backlogged. Your wait has only just begun. You MIGHT get your rifle before they are banned and delivery obstructed.

Seriously, just do a topic search for 'backorder' or 'backlog' and read up. You're in for a wait. And hounding your dealer who is at the end of the supply chain won't get it to you any faster. And rightly or wrongly will probably make the resulting 'communications' even worse.

Hang on tight. Or better yet shop for another rifle via another source and get a refund of whatever monies you paid the first gentlemen once you have the other rifle safely in hand.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Veteran Member

As per their current lead-time status...

"Due to an increase over the past few weeks our normal 2-3 days has been pushed to 20-25 weeks."

http://www.stagarms.com/information.php?info_id=6
"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." --Admiral Yamamoto
USS Hornet ARC Member.

Join today?
Old 01-12-2009, 5:27 AM

You need to be patient in the gun industry, even before the pre-Obama hype. Try ordering a custom bolt gun from one of the top smiths.
Old 01-12-2009, 5:35 AM

Ordered a 2H on Nov. 12th order went through on the 17th.
I called last week and they said 2-3 more weeks. It will come, just going to take some time.

NRA Endowment Member
Get off yer butt and join
Old 01-12-2009, 5:50 AM
Veteran Member

Stag is running 25 weeks.
Old 01-12-2009, 9:04 AM

I Just got off the phone with stag arms, and cancelled my order with them, dont like to get f***ed with out dinner first. They have been leading me along with any and every excuse in the book and still more waiting. Will never buy anything from them again.

You should banish any thoughts of how you may appear to others.
Marcus Aurelius

"I won't be wronged, I wont be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
the "Duke" in the shootist

Last edited by 4 Brigada; 01-12-2009 at 12:04 PM..
Old 01-12-2009, 9:33 AM

The wait time is crazy long. I have cancelled two orders in the last month. Why? They had my money and if I was paying interest on the CC. I now will go to a dealer or a gun show vendor that has them in stock and pay a small premium. The only upper I would wait for is one of the larger caliber units.

Jeff P
Old 01-12-2009, 9:34 AM

Stag is producing rifles based on the order in which they are received.

Last week, they were working on orders placed the week of the election (Nov. 5th-9th). Word from our rep at stag is that it's going to take them about 3 months just to get through the back orders from November alone.
Old 01-12-2009, 8:41 PM

Thanks for all of the good info. Sounds like more waiting. I am ok with that....just wanted some honest answers.

I am not too worried about a ban anytime soon. I think Obama has a full plate, at least the first couple of months in office. I heard this morning his mother-in law is moving in to the White House with the family. His troubles have just begun in so many different ways!!!!!!!!!!!!

I satisfied my gun hunger this month with a GSG-5. ( Bought online and had excellent customer service like shipping updates ect.) I get to pick it up next Monday. That should get me by for a little while......

Thanks everyone.
Old 01-12-2009, 8:51 PM

25 weeks is the new TWO WEEKS!
Old 01-12-2009, 9:04 PM

Any idea what the wait time is on just a stripped lower from stag or LPK?
I have 2 6.8 lowers on order since late november....dealer still waiting
Old 01-29-2009, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
Ordered a 2H on Nov. 12th order went through on the 17th.
I called last week and they said 2-3 more weeks. It will come, just going to take some time.
Update. I received an email from Stag today. 2-3 more weeks on my order.

NRA Endowment Member
Get off yer butt and join
Old 01-29-2009, 8:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

You guys do realize that this waiting game is not unique to Stag right? If you cancel your order with them, you are probably going to wait elsewhere as well. The only way to find anything in stock right now is to work hard and then be prepared to pay a premium.

Also, if you don't order the parts directly from Stag, there is zero way to know how long until your order arrives. If you ordered it through another Stag vendor, you have no idea when that vendor placed their order. Second, I am a Stag vendor and I have no idea when my items are going to show up. That is why I don't back order and that is exactly why I am telling everyone, "I have no idea how long it will take."

I don't like most back order customers. They exect their items now and it has nothing to do with me. I can't get items any faster than anyone else. So I save myself the hassle and don't sell it unless I have it.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 01-29-2009, 9:09 PM
Veteran Member

Big plus one to that.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

i placed an order from stag on nov 24th and was quoted 16-20 weeks! i emailed to follow up and they said it'll be around when they quoted before my order ships. that's nothing..i heard at the shot show that dpms could be backlogged up to 12 months!!! hang in there guys...
San Jose CA 95131
(408) 437-AR15 [2715]
sales@metaldogtactical.com
www.metaldogtactical.com

Store hours:
Sunday-Monday: Closed
Tuesday-Friday: 11am - 7pm
Saturday: 12pm - 5pm

Serving the Bay Area's AR needs since 2008!!!

Visit our Sub-Forum in the Vendor Section! MDT Sub-Forum
Old 01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

DPMS was backlogged 12 months before the election.
Old 01-30-2009, 5:24 AM

I have a long list of customers waiting on uppers, lowers, whatever. They all want to give me money to secure their purchase, but that's just asking for trouble in my opinion. I'm like Wes, if I ain't got I ain't sellin it.

But the waiting list spreadsheet is getting close to a megabyte!
Old 01-30-2009, 6:31 AM

I ordered a Stag lower 11/25/08 pick it up Jan. 8 2009
Old 01-30-2009, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow10mm View Post
DPMS was backlogged 12 months before the election.
We ordered an upper for a customer in October and was told to expect a 9-12 month wait.

I've heard they're actually in the 18-20 month range now.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:33 AM

I can not imagine trying to build an AR at this time. I understand people are afraid of there being another ban but WOW!!! lead times of over a year is just absurd. Glad I finished by builds before the rush.