Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 02-02-2018, 3:32 PM

Default Most of an ELR rifle component set, reamers/gauges, tuner+

Make: Custom

Model: Custom

Caliber: .338 LM Imp (private)

Location (city or county): Redondo Beach

Price: $3895

Will ship (Y/N): Y

Other info:

Most of an ELR rifle component set, reamers/gauges, tuner + for Sale

Action: BAT model M, RB/RP, 1.47" OCT PIC (20 MOA, integral), no ejector, spiral fluted bolt, 338 LM BF, sliding plate extractor, polished & nitride [accepts Rem-700-type trigger, not included]; BAT polished stainless steel trigger guard (2-hole version)

Barrels: (2), K&P un-chambered blanks, .338 caliber (.3300/.3380), 416R, 36" finished, 1:8.5 twist, 1.350 straight cylinder; pre-machining cryo by 300 Below

Muzzle Brake - ArmaLite AR-30

Tuner: Rifle Accuracy Systems/RAS, custom/modified RAS 250 (3/4-24 x 1.50" tenon for brake); custom spacer to go between the tuner and brake (includes custom pin tool for tightening the spacer)

Stock: Manners TF4A with custom, flat bottom, benchrest forearm (6 7/8” long x 2 7/8” wide, short/straight wall on each side) and custom buttstock work (approx 5/8” flat bottom, blended-in Pachmayr decelerator pad); flat top (1 7/8” wide at front, tapers back to about 1 ” in the action area), painted black; 32 7/8” overall length, 22 ” folded; short Pic rail for buttstock mount (Mesa Tactical # 90690). NOTE: the BAT-M action is a tight fit in this stock, please consider Moon Roberts at Crescent Customs (www.crescentcustoms.com) for this work. He worked directly and closely with Tom Manners to make this stock happen – and he’s Tom’s go-to smith.

Tooling: Reamers - Pacific Tool & Gauge/PTG rougher, finisher, and resize in “.338 LM Imp”, removable-pilot, carbide w/ Inferno coating (rougher not shown in photo but included); PTG Go and No-Go gauges; PTG Uni-Throater (.3386, with T-handle, Quantum coated)

Die parts: Newlon die blanks for “.338 LM Imp” - full length sizer for neck bushing and micrometer seater; neck bushing (Redding #76366, .367 - .001, coated with Ti Nitride); plus die parts for arbor-press style seater (Wilson #CB-33VLD blank with VLD stem/drift plus #SBSC-MIC micrometer cap)

Expected performance data: While this is an unproven design (my vision of an improved .338 LM), I fully expect that this cartridge, loaded with 300 gr bullets, and shot from this rifle-component-set, will have a muzzle velocity of 3240-3250 without excessive pressure (some flattening of primers). If the buyer is unable to reach that velocity, using compressed or near-compressed loads of RL 33, I will refund a portion of the purchase price (based on the magnitude of the shortfall).

ALL this gear is brand new, never used, never assembled.

I am over my file size limit. Please view pics at http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thr...tuner.3944205/

Why I’m selling – moving on.

Only sold as a “set” - $3895 (current price) plus actual cost to ship (USPS ground, fully insured); check or MO. Before you gripe about the price, please take the time to price all this gear and find out the associated lead times. My cost for the above was north of $4.5K.

Transfer of the action must be conducted through your FFL, everything else can ship direct to the buyer. The FFL needs to e-mail me a copy of his license. After I confirm the FFL is current and that the FFL’s shipping address matches the ATFOnline database, and your check or MO clears my bank, I will promptly ship.

Please address purchase inquiries and all detail questions to webmaster at elr-resources.com. Some sites have limited photo-posting. Serious buyers, please e-mail for more pics - please be very specific as to what you are looking for. Thanks for considering purchase of this excellent gear.
ELR - anything shorter is point blank.

Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA) Facilitator
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - competition starts at 2000 yards!

Last edited by ELR Researcher; 06-13-2018 at 12:50 PM..
Old 09-14-2018, 5:02 PM

BTT

www.unlimitedrange.org
Old 09-21-2018, 4:11 PM

BTT

www.unlimitedrange.org