Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Riflegear.com
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Riflegear.com Hosted by Riflegear.com

Old 01-02-2009, 3:49 PM

Default Riflegear- Top-notch outfit!

I just wanted to mention my great experience at Riflegear a couple weeks ago. My wife called them while we were headed down to San Diego to visit in-laws. I needed help tightening my free-float tube that last few degrees so I could go shoot my first AR build after Christmas. I showed up 4 hours later, and three employees took my upper out back. They spent a decent chunk of time wrestling with that stinker but brought it back out with the holes aligned enough to insert a gas tube into the receiver. Then they told me, "No charge!"

Well, they definitely earned my business - I bought some parts that I needed and some others that I didn't really need. The prices were outstanding, especially for a California retailer.

The entire time I was there, I conversed non-stop with various employees and I got the distinct impression that this outfit was run with integrity. Pretty rare for a first impression at most shops today, at least with me. I wish this place were in the SF bay area. I'd probably volunteer there on my weekends, if they'd let me. Thanks, Riflegear!

-John
Old 01-02-2009, 5:00 PM

Our pleasure. Least we can do for an out-of-towner during the holidays. Christmas spirit and all that.
Old 01-02-2009, 7:08 PM

I remember you Fuzzy5.... glad you made it back through the "snow vine" safely with the family.

You wife asking you to make her a PinkKitty rifle yet? She looked like she might want one.

If you need any help just let us know.
Old 01-02-2009, 9:04 PM

Ha, snow vine was right. We drive down at least every other December, but I've never seen it like that.

Bonecutter, I think my wife would love her own Hell Kitten rifle, but only if it doesn't involve additional purchases since she let me go bananas with pre-election guns and ammo hording (darn good decision to have bought when I did, too). This would mean giving up one of my precious stripped lowers, my one remaining Armalite LPK with match trigger, and the brand-new 16" CMMG midlength upper I have tucked away in the safe. I suppose I should just be a good husband and build it for her, eh?

Anyway, thanks for helping out, guys. Aside from some bonehead operator-induced malfunctions (don't ask!), the rifle ran great. I hope your business thrives in the new year.
Old 01-02-2009, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy5 View Post
I suppose I should just be a good husband and build it for her, eh?
Pro: She loves it and increases the gun budget.
Con: You have to share the gun budget.