Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 08-17-2015, 4:23 PM

Exclamation Uber-rare Spanish Model 1893 7mm Mauser - German made, Spanish-American War captured

Still trying to pay down the credit card debt for the $13,000 Veterinary Specialty Hospital stays for Harley, my little border collie mix who recently passed away from t cell lymphoma cancer, so I'm pulling another super rare, historic, and collectable rifle from my collection out of the safe and putting it up for sale here.

This is a Spanish Army issue Model 1893 Mauser made by the famous Ludwig Lowe firm in Berlin, Germany, in 1896.

It is all original, all matching, and in excellent condition inside and out.

This is one of the rifles that were captured in Cuba at Havana Arsenal in 1898. These were sent back to the U.S. for testing and evaluation at Springfield Armory, and then sold off by the U.S. government in the 1899 to 1903 period. Most of them were purchased by famed New York surplus dealer Francis Bannerman, who listed them in his legendary catalogs for many years.

This one I purchased a number of years ago from an old collection; it is one of the ones from Bannerman, but I don't have any documentation like original receipts on it. I had 2 of these in my collection - the other was Spanish Navy issue, which is rarer, but this is the better condition one of the two, so I kept this one and sold the other one off a year or two back.

These rifles are historic in many ways - they were one of the first modern magazine loading, smokeless powder, rifles to see significant combat...which proved the superiority of the Mauser system over the Krag-Jorgensen used by U.S. forces in the Spanish-American War. This led to the adoption of the U.S. Model 1903 Springfield .30-06 rifle, which is itself a slightly modified variation on the Mauser designs.

This was also America's first international and global war, which helped establish America as a world military and economic power competing with the various European empires. And of course it spelled the end of the once-mighty Spanish empire that had ruled oceans and much of the world since the days of Christopher Columbus.

Photos: I have more photos I can send to anyone who contacts me by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and requests them.

First definite and unconditional "I'll take it" to my EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net gets it.

No Paypal!

I'm only selling this to help pay some of the medical bills that we have incurred here at Wolf Creek Dog Rescue, the small, private, in-home, no-kill, dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary we run, so I am not interested in any trades.

Price is $1,000 FIRM + shipping
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spanish American War Mauser 001.jpg (69.5 KB, 1747 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 01-03-2018 at 6:44 PM..
Old 08-31-2015, 8:02 AM

Very sorry for your loss, Rest in peace Harley. We lost an Australian Shepherd to the same thing.

Last edited by Friesland; 08-07-2016 at 7:33 AM..
Old 09-08-2015, 8:16 AM

UPDATED - Photo posted, additional items added to the. deal to sweeten the pot
Old 09-08-2015, 8:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friesland View Post
Very sorry for your lose, Rest in peace Harley. We lost an Australian Shepherd to the same thing.
Thanks. It's been kind of a rough year so far - we lost Harley to the lymphoma, Frosty (our road rescue Dogo Argentino) to hemangio sarcoma (blood vessel cancer, a very aggressive form of cancer), and Chance (our road rescue ancient yellow Labrador) to extreme old age. But they did all have great lives here with us, and when you do dog rescue and have lots of dogs of all (medium and large) breeds, ages, and health conditions, you lose some and eventually they all leave you to move up to the next level.

Right before we lost Harley, we rescued 4 other dogs - an Australian shepherd, a German shepherd, and 2 little golden retriever mix sisters. We were able to get the Aussie back to his home, found a wonderful home for the shepherd, and the 2 little sisters will also be going to a wonderful home after we get them spayed and give them a little more training. Then 2 days ago, the 1 month anniversary of the day Harley died, we got a call to rescue a beautiful little female pit bull - she's a very small little girl ("pocket pittie") with the cutest happy little smile and these big "batdog" ears that stand straight up. She was in pretty bad shape with lots of older and more recent bite wounds that were seriously infected, and wouldn't have lasted much longer without our help - the vet at the pet emergency hospital said it looked like she was used as a "bait dog" by dog fighters.
Old 10-24-2015, 8:07 PM

Marcus,

I wanted to share my condolences and give this thread a bump.

I'm sorry for your loss. You are a great man to open your home and your heart to dogs in need of such care. I have no doubt that they lived wonderful, happy lives because of your kindness.

I hope that you receive many blessings in this life in return.

Respectfully,
-Allen
Old 10-24-2015, 8:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I too, am sorry for your loss. Good luck with the sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXX
Old 03-08-2016, 8:53 PM

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words.

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 04-16-2016 at 7:52 AM..
Old 05-01-2016, 7:36 PM

Being pre-1898, is this cash-and-carry, or does it need to go through an FFL?
Old 05-01-2016, 7:56 PM

Where are you located? Sorry if I missed that information!
Old 05-02-2016, 6:41 PM

Yes, this is a legitimate pre-1899 antique, so cash and carry with no DROS, FFL, or other nonsense necessary.

I'm in Sage, Southwest Riverside County, on the eastern edge of the Temecula Wine Country, between Temecula and Hemet.
Old 05-22-2016, 9:54 PM

I'm sorry for your loss I've lost 2 of my 4 leged family over the last 4 years a German Shepherd wolf hybrid and a Jack Russell. Sadie my German was my best friend and we that special connection that one of the the pit mix that we rescued named Lilly. I have much respect to you and your family for what you do I hope your bill shrinks fast. Is there a place to donate to your to your rescue?

Sorry ramble

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2016, 4:34 PM

I know what it's like losing dog family members - in the past couple years we lost an ancient yellow lab (not unexpected and he had a great life with us, but we still miss him), a Dogo with cancer (again, not unexpected and we knew what was coming but surgery and chemotherapy did give him 5 more good months, and Harley, which was quite sudden and unexpected.

Donations are always appreciated, as we do all of this out of pocket and expenses are considerable. Here is the donation page on our website:
http://www.wolfcreekdogrescue.com/index.php/donation/

For those who Facebook, here is our page there:
https://www.facebook.com/WolfCreekDogRescue/?pnref=lhc
Old 11-24-2017, 10:15 PM

I still have this rifle, and have a bunch of new dog medical expenses here at the rescue, so I relisting it for sale.
Old 01-08-2018, 8:32 PM

^^^^
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 AM

UP^