Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-05-2017, 9:00 AM
robertkjjj's Avatar
robertkjjj robertkjjj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego County
Posts: 680
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default "Nothing Makes Liberals Angrier Than Us Normals Insisting On Our Rights"

Author Kurt Schlichter posted a wonderfully-written column, and it's his reaction to how the usual liberals are attempting to once-again destroy the RTKBA, because of the Las Vegas attack. It's long, but I think it's beautiful, and I wouldn't change a word.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...&newsletterad=



"Nothing Makes Liberals Angrier Than Us Normals Insisting On Our Rights"

"I don’t agree with liberals often, because I’m not an idiot and because I love America, but when they once again say, “We must have a conversation about guns!” I still couldn’t agree more. And, since all we’ve heard is you leftists shrieking at us all week, I’ll start it off.

You don’t ever get to disarm us. Not ever.

There. It sure feels good to engage in a constructive dialogue.
Now, we should have this conversation because in recent years we’ve seen a remarkable antipathy for the fact that normal Americans even have rights among those on the left. We should have this conversation to clear the air before leftists push too far and the air gets filled with smoke. But we really don’t need to have a conversation about our rights to keep and bear arms. They’re rights. There’s nothing to talk about.
This goes for all our rights that the left hates, like the rights to speak and write freely, to practice our religion as we see fit, and to not be railroaded by liberal authority without due process. Leftists hate our rights because they hate us, and when we assert our rights it gets in the way of their malicious schemes to dominate and control us. It makes them stamp their little sandaled feet in rage when we normals just won’t cooperate and surrender our rights. But we love our rights – rights are wonderful things with which we were endowed by our Creator, and which our beloved Constitution merely reiterates. But the left, including its pet media, thinks that our rights were merely iterated, and that the left can take an eraser to the parchment and – voila! – no more pesky rights for you flyover people.
Nah. I think we’ll keep ‘em. All of them, unchanged. And there’s only one way we can lose them, unless a lot of leftists buy a lot of guns, conduct a lot of tactical training, and stop being little weenies. I’m not worried about any of those things happening, particularly the last one. So, as a practical matter, we only lose our rights if we allow ourselves to be shamed, threatened, whined, and lectured into giving them up by skeevy tragedy-buzzard pols, mainstream media meat puppets, and late night chucklemonkeys whose names and faces all blend together into one unfunny, preachy blur. I just don’t see Jimmy Kimmel donning Kevlar to molon labe and risking his sorry carcass trying to separate normal Americans from their ability to defend themselves, their families, and their Constitution from the people who constantly tell us how much they hate us.
Yeah, hate us. Sorry, but the left hates you, and because you’re nice and you try to always act in good faith, you probably have a hard time accepting that the people on the other side don’t. You want to believe that we just have some minor disagreements but that we can still all come together and blah blah blah blah blah. Well, that’s not happening unless the left has a major rethink, and thinking isn’t its strong suit. You want to see the hate? Wade into the social media cesspool, a world where no impulse is controlled and if you only wait long enough, they’ll tell you how they really feel. Did you see the people celebrating the attack on normal people at a country music festival? Did you see them then pivot to calling us “terrorists” and “murderers” for refusing to give up our rights? Just check out what gets launched at me on my Twitter timeline. Dana Loesch gets it even worse, because she’s a conservative woman and that’s a double heresy.
I, for one, am not super inclined to give up my ability to defend myself in response to demands by people who eagerly tell me they want me enslaved or dead. Literally dead.
And this isn’t just about the ravings of a few unhinged loonies on social media (also, it ain’t “a few”). This verbal hyperbole is the leftist establishment’s MO. This is how they intend to strip us of our rights – via a constant campaign of hate that they hope somehow leads to us just giving them up. And it’s not just guns. Free speech? Oh, that’s racist, and it causes violence – by which they mean that leftists will attack you if you attempt to speak freely. Freely exercising your religion? Not if you violate leftist scripture – then you’re a bigot and your livelihood must be destroyed even though Sue and Shelly can wander two doors down and get someone else to decorate their nasty organic carrot wedding cake.
And due process? Well, you must love rape if you think that a young man accused of it should be informed of the charges against him, allowed to cross-examine the witnesses, and have an impartial judge. Do you phallocentric male-identifying men and others have any idea how much harder it is to railroad some guy in the name of smashing the patriarchy when you actually have to prove your case with evidence? Like any woman would ever make up a rape allegation out of whole cloth! A fair trial? That’s something right out of The Handmaid’s Tale!
And don’t get me started on the hate crime of hatred that is misgendering. Why, calling a man a “man” when xe got up this morning and decided xe was a non-binary, femme-leaning, twin-spirit otherkin is pretty much just what Hitler did.
So, let’s continue our important conversation. How about this? How about we continue to speak freely, saying whatever we want however we want, and you leftists just sit there and be offended? How about we practice our faiths however we want, even if that means some of us don’t end up validating every one of your preferred personal peccadillos (I checked under all of the penumbras and emanations in the Constitution and I can’t find anywhere that you have a right to have us high-five everything you do). And how about we insist that everyone accused of something gets due process and the chance to defend himself – or herself, or even xirself?
Yeah, we know that us having rights is inconvenient, but that’s too damn bad. Because we aren’t asking you for our rights. We’re telling you we aren’t giving them up.
See, we’re done walking on eggshells and playing your verbal minefield game. You’ll call us “murderers,” “racists,” “sexists,” “homophobes” and every other kind of “phobe” you can invent no matter what we do anyway, and it’s all a lie. It’s also all meaningless. You don’t even believe it. It’s just a rhetorical weapon, and a lame one, but you’ve fired all your ammo. The chamber is empty. Keep pulling the trigger on your slanders, but we’re now woke to the scam and you’re just shooting blanks.
Anyway, let’s continue our conversation. You’re not going to pin the rampage of some scumbag on millions and millions of people who didn’t do it. You’re not going to leverage this spree into disarming us – which is your ultimate goal. We know how you hate the idea that we are armed and independent, that we hold a lead veto over your fever dreams of tyrannical rule over us. You know how important it is to us to be free citizens; you yearn to humiliate us by stripping us of our self-respect by taking away our means of keeping ourselves free from the tyranny of people like you.
You never cared that 59 people were murdered – some of you, as we have seen, cheered – and I gotta say, it’s a bad look to screech “I’m glad you crackers are dead, now heed my command to give up your guns!” If you really cared about 59 people being murdered, you’d demand that the Chicago PD flood the ghetto and stop and frisk until every punk with a gun was disarmed because 59 people get murdered there in a slow month. Oh, but wait – their rights! Gee, I thought that RIGHTS DON’T MATTER IF TAKING RIGHTS AWAY SAVES JUST ONE LIFE… I guess it’s really about whose rights, isn’t it?
Let’s not even mention abortion. Jimmy Kimmel’s head might explode because he’s all about the kids not getting killed, except only after they’re born. He and you liberals seem cool with killing them before then.
So, let’s finish our conversation about guns. Where was I? Oh yeah. No.
No to your fake “solutions” that have nothing to do with this guy’s rampage.
No to your bogus “care” and “concern” that arises only when it involves stripping normal Americans of our sacred natural rights.
No to your has-been Democrat pols, your 23-year old Vox scribblers, and your hack Hollywood goofs thinking they get a say about our rights.
They don’t.
I guess that’s the end of our little conversation, because we’ve already heard every poisonous thing you leftists have to say, and I don’t have anything else to say except this. If you really want to disarm us, come on and try.
__________________

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Knightm16 Knightm16 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 204
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
Author Kurt Schlichter posted a wonderfully-written column, and it's his reaction to how the usual liberals are attempting to once-again destroy the RTKBA, because of the Las Vegas attack. It's long, but I think it's beautiful, and I wouldn't change a word.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurt...&newsletterad=



"Nothing Makes Liberals Angrier Than Us Normals Insisting On Our Rights"

"I don’t agree with liberals often, because I’m not an idiot and because I love America, but when they once again say, “We must have a conversation about guns!” I still couldn’t agree more. And, since all we’ve heard is you leftists shrieking at us all week, I’ll start it off.

You don’t ever get to disarm us. Not ever.

There. It sure feels good to engage in a constructive dialogue.
Now, we should have this conversation because in recent years we’ve seen a remarkable antipathy for the fact that normal Americans even have rights among those on the left. We should have this conversation to clear the air before leftists push too far and the air gets filled with smoke. But we really don’t need to have a conversation about our rights to keep and bear arms. They’re rights. There’s nothing to talk about.
This goes for all our rights that the left hates, like the rights to speak and write freely, to practice our religion as we see fit, and to not be railroaded by liberal authority without due process. Leftists hate our rights because they hate us, and when we assert our rights it gets in the way of their malicious schemes to dominate and control us. It makes them stamp their little sandaled feet in rage when we normals just won’t cooperate and surrender our rights. But we love our rights – rights are wonderful things with which we were endowed by our Creator, and which our beloved Constitution merely reiterates. But the left, including its pet media, thinks that our rights were merely iterated, and that the left can take an eraser to the parchment and – voila! – no more pesky rights for you flyover people.
Nah. I think we’ll keep ‘em. All of them, unchanged. And there’s only one way we can lose them, unless a lot of leftists buy a lot of guns, conduct a lot of tactical training, and stop being little weenies. I’m not worried about any of those things happening, particularly the last one. So, as a practical matter, we only lose our rights if we allow ourselves to be shamed, threatened, whined, and lectured into giving them up by skeevy tragedy-buzzard pols, mainstream media meat puppets, and late night chucklemonkeys whose names and faces all blend together into one unfunny, preachy blur. I just don’t see Jimmy Kimmel donning Kevlar to molon labe and risking his sorry carcass trying to separate normal Americans from their ability to defend themselves, their families, and their Constitution from the people who constantly tell us how much they hate us.
Yeah, hate us. Sorry, but the left hates you, and because you’re nice and you try to always act in good faith, you probably have a hard time accepting that the people on the other side don’t. You want to believe that we just have some minor disagreements but that we can still all come together and blah blah blah blah blah. Well, that’s not happening unless the left has a major rethink, and thinking isn’t its strong suit. You want to see the hate? Wade into the social media cesspool, a world where no impulse is controlled and if you only wait long enough, they’ll tell you how they really feel. Did you see the people celebrating the attack on normal people at a country music festival? Did you see them then pivot to calling us “terrorists” and “murderers” for refusing to give up our rights? Just check out what gets launched at me on my Twitter timeline. Dana Loesch gets it even worse, because she’s a conservative woman and that’s a double heresy.
I, for one, am not super inclined to give up my ability to defend myself in response to demands by people who eagerly tell me they want me enslaved or dead. Literally dead.
And this isn’t just about the ravings of a few unhinged loonies on social media (also, it ain’t “a few”). This verbal hyperbole is the leftist establishment’s MO. This is how they intend to strip us of our rights – via a constant campaign of hate that they hope somehow leads to us just giving them up. And it’s not just guns. Free speech? Oh, that’s racist, and it causes violence – by which they mean that leftists will attack you if you attempt to speak freely. Freely exercising your religion? Not if you violate leftist scripture – then you’re a bigot and your livelihood must be destroyed even though Sue and Shelly can wander two doors down and get someone else to decorate their nasty organic carrot wedding cake.
And due process? Well, you must love rape if you think that a young man accused of it should be informed of the charges against him, allowed to cross-examine the witnesses, and have an impartial judge. Do you phallocentric male-identifying men and others have any idea how much harder it is to railroad some guy in the name of smashing the patriarchy when you actually have to prove your case with evidence? Like any woman would ever make up a rape allegation out of whole cloth! A fair trial? That’s something right out of The Handmaid’s Tale!
And don’t get me started on the hate crime of hatred that is misgendering. Why, calling a man a “man” when xe got up this morning and decided xe was a non-binary, femme-leaning, twin-spirit otherkin is pretty much just what Hitler did.
So, let’s continue our important conversation. How about this? How about we continue to speak freely, saying whatever we want however we want, and you leftists just sit there and be offended? How about we practice our faiths however we want, even if that means some of us don’t end up validating every one of your preferred personal peccadillos (I checked under all of the penumbras and emanations in the Constitution and I can’t find anywhere that you have a right to have us high-five everything you do). And how about we insist that everyone accused of something gets due process and the chance to defend himself – or herself, or even xirself?
Yeah, we know that us having rights is inconvenient, but that’s too damn bad. Because we aren’t asking you for our rights. We’re telling you we aren’t giving them up.
See, we’re done walking on eggshells and playing your verbal minefield game. You’ll call us “murderers,” “racists,” “sexists,” “homophobes” and every other kind of “phobe” you can invent no matter what we do anyway, and it’s all a lie. It’s also all meaningless. You don’t even believe it. It’s just a rhetorical weapon, and a lame one, but you’ve fired all your ammo. The chamber is empty. Keep pulling the trigger on your slanders, but we’re now woke to the scam and you’re just shooting blanks.
Anyway, let’s continue our conversation. You’re not going to pin the rampage of some scumbag on millions and millions of people who didn’t do it. You’re not going to leverage this spree into disarming us – which is your ultimate goal. We know how you hate the idea that we are armed and independent, that we hold a lead veto over your fever dreams of tyrannical rule over us. You know how important it is to us to be free citizens; you yearn to humiliate us by stripping us of our self-respect by taking away our means of keeping ourselves free from the tyranny of people like you.
You never cared that 59 people were murdered – some of you, as we have seen, cheered – and I gotta say, it’s a bad look to screech “I’m glad you crackers are dead, now heed my command to give up your guns!” If you really cared about 59 people being murdered, you’d demand that the Chicago PD flood the ghetto and stop and frisk until every punk with a gun was disarmed because 59 people get murdered there in a slow month. Oh, but wait – their rights! Gee, I thought that RIGHTS DON’T MATTER IF TAKING RIGHTS AWAY SAVES JUST ONE LIFE… I guess it’s really about whose rights, isn’t it?
Let’s not even mention abortion. Jimmy Kimmel’s head might explode because he’s all about the kids not getting killed, except only after they’re born. He and you liberals seem cool with killing them before then.
So, let’s finish our conversation about guns. Where was I? Oh yeah. No.
No to your fake “solutions” that have nothing to do with this guy’s rampage.
No to your bogus “care” and “concern” that arises only when it involves stripping normal Americans of our sacred natural rights.
No to your has-been Democrat pols, your 23-year old Vox scribblers, and your hack Hollywood goofs thinking they get a say about our rights.
They don’t.
I guess that’s the end of our little conversation, because we’ve already heard every poisonous thing you leftists have to say, and I don’t have anything else to say except this. If you really want to disarm us, come on and try.
Idgaf about abortion. Let people choose whatever they want. I just want idiots to lay off about guns. I haven't killed anyone and doubt ill ever have to. How about we protect my right to arms like we protect a gang bangers right to not be randomly searched. Rights for all or rights for none. And boy howdy do I like people.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:04 AM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 12,678
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightm16 View Post
Idgaf about abortion. Let people choose whatever they want.
It's relevant for two reasons: (1) it's a highly controversial issue, and (2) it kills.

Unlike guns, in abortion "people" don't get to choose - that's the problem. Nobody is representing the baby. If baby gave consent to get killed, we might consider it a matter of choice. Until then, it's a matter of legality of killing a baby during certain developmental stage. It is legal, so the debate is somewhat futile, though.

Remember, it's a separate body, separate entity, separate DNA, has it's own gender, it's own heart and brain, etc. I'm not making this up, it's the science that says so. Giving baby a different name to emphasize developmental status doesn't change the fact that it's a human baby.

/rant off
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:09 AM
green grunt's Avatar
green grunt green grunt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lodi
Posts: 624
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

^ +1
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Knightm16 Knightm16 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 204
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
It's relevant for two reasons: (1) it's a highly controversial issue, and (2) it kills.

Unlike guns, in abortion "people" don't get to choose - that's the problem. Nobody is representing the baby. If baby gave consent to get killed, we might consider it a matter of choice. Until then, it's a matter of legality of killing a baby during certain developmental stage. It is legal, so the debate is somewhat futile, though.

Remember, it's a separate body, separate entity, separate DNA, has it's own gender, it's own heart and brain, etc. I'm not making this up, it's the science that says so. Giving baby a different name to emphasize developmental status doesn't change the fact that it's a human baby.

/rant off
I still don't really care. I might not get an abortion but someone else might need one. There are many reasons why its perfectly reasonable. Just like I support a persons right to choose if they want a machine gun or not. Its not my business what choice they make since it only concerns themselves.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:50 AM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 12,678
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightm16 View Post
Its not my business what choice they make since it only concerns themselves.
We've just established that it doesn't "only concern themselves." If it did, nobody would care.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2017, 1:29 PM
ja308 ja308 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,815
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Kurt stop holding back come out and say what you mean !
As a note the link is easier to read than the copy and paste provided by the OP .

Kurt has studied those who would strip our rights. I recommend his latest book " Indian Country" written as only an infantry Colonel could write! IMO
Available from Amazon .

Colonel Schlichter can be heard occasionally on NRANEWS Cam and company program .

Those favoring abortion should keep in mind that a disarmed population is every as helpless against a tyrannical govt as a silent fetus!
Yeah Im saying the democrats would eliminate all opposition to their utopian plans if they ever get the chance.

The brave CBS lawyer who spoke the truth about country music fans being gun owners who are all" Repugs" and her having NO sympathy for the dead and wounded should tell even the dumbest person we are the enemy!
It's no accident she was hired by CBS ! NBC,CNN,ABC,PBS and other others are exactly the same.

My biggest disapppointment was her getting fired for exercising her freedom of speech!
They should have praised her for courage!
__________________
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong.
Ayn Rand

Last edited by ja308; 10-05-2017 at 7:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-05-2017, 8:47 PM
Tac driver's Avatar
Tac driver Tac driver is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: East Bay
Posts: 987
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
It's relevant for two reasons: (1) it's a highly controversial issue, and (2) it kills.

Unlike guns, in abortion "people" don't get to choose - that's the problem. Nobody is representing the baby. If baby gave consent to get killed, we might consider it a matter of choice. Until then, it's a matter of legality of killing a baby during certain developmental stage. It is legal, so the debate is somewhat futile, though.

Remember, it's a separate body, separate entity, separate DNA, has it's own gender, it's own heart and brain, etc. I'm not making this up, it's the science that says so. Giving baby a different name to emphasize developmental status doesn't change the fact that it's a human baby.

/rant off
+1000

I used to not care about abortion until I had my first child. Now I look at it as a disgusting act. Unborn babies have the right to live and we MURDER tens of thousands every year, yet it is nowhere near of a hot topic like gun control after a mass shooting.
__________________
http://americangunfacts.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-05-2017, 8:57 PM
major burnout's Avatar
major burnout major burnout is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,482
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac driver View Post
+1000

I used to not care about abortion until I had my first child. Now I look at it as a disgusting act. Unborn babies have the right to live and we MURDER tens of thousands every year, yet it is nowhere near of a hot topic like gun control after a mass shooting.

Whats up with all these extreamists sticking up for those without a voice? Very radical thinking.
__________________
Calguns- redacted more than Hillarys bengazi emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-05-2017, 9:44 PM
Tac driver's Avatar
Tac driver Tac driver is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: East Bay
Posts: 987
iTrader: 56 / 100%
Default

It's a radical world brother!
__________________
http://americangunfacts.com
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:20 PM
terminal2000 terminal2000 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I was scared so I decided to buy more.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-06-2017, 7:46 AM
TomMcC TomMcC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,016
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightm16 View Post
Idgaf about abortion. Let people choose whatever they want. I just want idiots to lay off about guns. I haven't killed anyone and doubt ill ever have to. How about we protect my right to arms like we protect a gang bangers right to not be randomly searched. Rights for all or rights for none. And boy howdy do I like people.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
Deleted, not worth the effort.

Last edited by TomMcC; 10-06-2017 at 7:59 AM.. Reason: A subsided
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-06-2017, 8:49 AM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 12,678
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac driver View Post
I used to not care about abortion until I had my first child. Now I look at it as a disgusting act.
That's exactly how it went down with me - I was in the operating room (C-section) and witnessed by far the most amazing event I have ever seen. The birth of my first daughter.

Before that, it was simply not an issue. Not something I'd think about. After that, suddenly there was a face, a cry and the instinctive trust this little critter had that the parents were there to protect her, not to kill her. My eyes still mist when I remember how helpless she was and how strong the emotions to protect her were.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2017, 9:25 AM
DASchell DASchell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 45
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

While I find it Tragic that 59 people lost their lives to a crazy person... I abhor the f'ing Democratic Liberal's screaming about needing "Gun Control" when the city with some of the strictest gun controls in the country had 58 people murdered in September alone...

http://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:19 AM
numpty's Avatar
numpty numpty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,055
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

My thoughts?

I think this article illustrates quite clearly why Trump won. I hope he reads it, I hope our legislators read it and connect the dots. Half of the American people are fed up! The other half, sadly, are mostly ignorant of the liberal agenda because it's generally not clearly and honestly stated.

Lot's of good comments in this thread.
__________________
error 500

I owe FP something.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-07-2017, 9:43 AM
robertkjjj's Avatar
robertkjjj robertkjjj is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego County
Posts: 680
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

"We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen."
---Wayne LaPierre, 2012

Learn it, love it, live it.

Make that quote the first thing you say to yourself each day when you wake up, and the last thing you say as you go to bed. Make it your own personal motto. Know what it means. Memorize it, and have it ready in case of an argument or discussion. Know how to support it.

There is a nationwide war on in this country, and much of it will be focused on the moderates and the under-16 crowd, both groups who may not have made up their minds about gun ownership quite yet.

Get and use analogies that these people can understand. Ask them to wrap their minds about how THEY would feel, if THEY were blamed for the actions of another. Focus on terms THEY might understand, such as unfairness, and injustice.

If you're not actively trying to convert or recruit at least one teen into the world of shooting sports, then you're doing American society a disservice. All of us need to be thinking of how to replace ourselves with the next generation of shooters. Help your kids--or your grandkids---learn how much fun and challenging target shooting can be. Get them to the point where they not only love it, but that understand that this is as much a right, as free speech and free religion.
__________________

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-07-2017, 10:41 AM
9M62 9M62 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,363
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

They don't care. They're entitled, self righteous, communist *****s.

I stopped trying to debate with them years ago.
__________________
Warning: Nothing on the Internet is true, including this post.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-07-2017, 2:12 PM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 6,211
iTrader: 34 / 100%
Default

I don't waste my time with the true believers unless there are on the fence/neutral parties observing, in which case, I will do all I can to let them make themselves look like the foaming at the mouth lunatics that they are.
__________________
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-07-2017, 3:22 PM
kcbrown's Avatar
kcbrown kcbrown is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 8,201
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
That's exactly how it went down with me - I was in the operating room (C-section) and witnessed by far the most amazing event I have ever seen. The birth of my first daughter.

Before that, it was simply not an issue. Not something I'd think about. After that, suddenly there was a face, a cry and the instinctive trust this little critter had that the parents were there to protect her, not to kill her. My eyes still mist when I remember how helpless she was and how strong the emotions to protect her were.
Exactly. Emotions.

Do you base decisions of who is restricted by law from doing what on emotions, or do you base them on reason and evidence?

If the former, then you're doing the same thing that the opposition is attempting to do with respect to the right to arms (or any number of liberties), and you thus have no more legitimacy in your approach than they do.

If the latter, then there are facts that must bear on the question of abortion:

A brain's capability is determined by its development. There is some point at which the brain is capable of caring about its own existence. It is not capable of that until that development has reached that point.

As such, to talk about killing something when it has not yet reached that point as if it mattered in the same way as if it had reached that point is an emotional argument, not a logical one. Logically, killing a mass of cells that is structurally incapable of even caring about its own existence is no different than killing any other mass of cells, regardless of whether or not the DNA is different from yours. We kill such masses of cells that actually have a functioning brain and which do care about their own existences (as evidenced by their behavior) all the time, with the sole difference being that those masses of cells have DNA and structural differences that make them non-human and incapable of ever developing into something with human capability.


At some point, the development of the baby reaches a point where there is an ethical imperative to protect its existence. But that point is not conception. And since that point is not conception, it follows that there is a window in the baby's development during which there is no legitimate objective objection to abortion. To argue otherwise is to argue from a religious standpoint, but the imposition of religious restrictions upon others through force of law is precisely one of the things that is forbidden (else there is no legitimate objection to the imposition of, say, Sharia law).


Questions on abortion aside, the original article is spot on. There is no point in even attempting to talk to the opposition anymore, because they are intellectually dishonest and bankrupt.
__________________
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. You break your oath to uphold the Constitution if you don't refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

Last edited by kcbrown; 10-07-2017 at 5:18 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-07-2017, 8:00 PM
MrOrange's Avatar
MrOrange MrOrange is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,167
iTrader: 33 / 100%
Default

"Sorry, but the left hates you, and because you’re nice and you try to always act in good faith, you probably have a hard time accepting that the people on the other side don’t."

Another given in U.S. politics is that fighting dirty is the Demos default mode, while the Repubs try to act stately.
__________________
I meant, it is my opinion that...




I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence
I would advise violence. - M. Gandhi
You're my kind of stupid. - M. Reynolds

gitcho ammo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:39 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.