Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 12-07-2016, 9:26 PM

Exclamation SOC Iraq/Afghan WASR AKM, Maadi RML AKM, Hungarian SA85M AKM, 5.45X39 Saiga

I'm selling some collector grade, original Euro arsenal manufacture, AK rifles to help pay some recent significant medical bills for some of the rescue dogs at the dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary we run.

These are all rifles from my personal collection, that have been carefully hand selected for condition, quality, and collectability. I am a fanatical "correctness and originality Nazi" purist when it comes to the firearms in my collection including my AK's, so each of these is the best example I have been able to locate and acquire after considerable searching. They are not something I will ever be able to replace, at least not with their current legal status that allows me to register them as Assault Rifles.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

PPT can be done at Brass & Bass in Murrieta - they are the only place around here who is currently doing PPT's on featureless rifles, and I absolutely CAN NOT and WILL NOT travel any further than this.

These will have to be transferred either with a buyer-supplied Kydex grip wrap or the grip removed to make them "featureless".

PRICES ARE FIRM! Required Payment is CASH, or Postal Money Order - NO TRADES (I'm only offering these for sale to raise funds for our dog rescue), NO PAYPAL.

First definite and unconditional "I'll take it" to my EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net gets the item. Prompt payment is expected.

PHOTOS: I have additional photos (taken in a neighboring free state) of everything that I can send to anyone who contacts me by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and requests them.

SHIPPING: I would prefer to do a Private Party Transfer on these, but am willing to ship. With the Saiga, I would have to find a sturdy box that the flimsy original factory box would fit in.

1. Romanian WASR 7.62X39 AKM that was issued to Ugandan contractors employed by SOC (Special Operations Consultants) in Afghanistan and Iraq.

This is one of the well known "SOC Contractor rifles" that were carried by Ugandan mercenaries in Iraq and Afghanistan. What sets this one apart from the rest is that this one still has the SOC property tag with their Iraq phone number on the left side of the receiver - almost all of these had this removed either by SOC when they sold them back to Century Arms or maybe by Century because the tag covers the markings on the left side of the receiver.

It is in very good "as issued and carried" condition with the wear from handling that is typical for these, and comes with the "been there, done that" Iraqi and Afghani sand and dirt in protected areas. It is all original and is untouched and unfired since it's service in the Middle East.

Sights are straight, magwell does not have excessive wobble, and everything works as it should. It also has the original black nylon tactical-type sling that was used on it in The Sandbox. This is as close as you can get to a military issue AK that actually served and was carried in combat zones except for maybe a $50,000 papered bring-back Chinese AK from Vietnam...which of course we can't own in California anyhow.

An added bonus with this rifle is that it has one of the scarce, desirable, and highly sought after, "circle y" (y) marked Russian barrels that the Russians supplied to the Romanians when Romania began production of the AKM.

You - and I - will probably never see another one like this with both the SOC i.d. tag and the sling that was used on it over there.

The magazine in the photo is not included and is not for sale.
Price is $1,500 + shipping.

2. Two Bulgarian made "ISD Bulgaria" BSR-74d 5.45X39 AK-74 rifles. (BOTH ARE SOLD)

3. Arsenal SAM-7R61C 7.62X39 milled receiver Bulgarian AK47 rifle. (SOLD)

4. Romanian WASR-2 5.45X39 AK-74 (SOLD)

5. Russian Izhmash Saiga 5.45X39, all original

Excellent, like new condition, all original, in the original box with the original accessories. I've put 90 rounds through this one. It is in gentle, harmless, child loving, California friendly, "featureless" configuration (no evil features like "the shoulder thing that goes up") and when you pull the trigger, cherubs, fairies, rainbows, unicorns, and magic sparkling pixie dust glitter in the shape of stars, hearts, moons, and 4 leaf clovers fly out of the barrel.

The import of these rifles is banned under the current economic sanctions against Russia and these sanctions are not going to be lifted anytime in the foreseeable future, so they are not going to go down in value or become less scarce.

The magazine, sling, and East German night sights on the rifle in the photo are NOT INCLUDED - the rifle comes with it's original Russian factory 10 round black poly magazine.

$750 + shipping

6. Egyptian Maadi RML 7.62X39 AKM (Shown in first photo below, additional photos available to anyone who contacts me by EMAIL and requests them)

The Egyptian Maadi was the first commercially available original Com-block configuration AK rifle available in the U.S. - before that, your only options for an AK type rifle were a Valmet or Galil, both of which are highly modified from the standard Russian and Russian based AK pattern. Steyr imported a very few of the first Maadi rifles - in nice original condition and configuration these are now a $3,000 rifle - and you can't own it in California because it's on the ban list!. The later ARM and MISR series Maadi rifles are also on the ban list.

But the sewer-crawling dung eaters in Sacramento missed two fairly rare and obscure Maadi variations when they drew up their hateful ban list, and the RML model with the 16 inch barrel like this one is the most desirable and collectable of these.

The Maadi rifles are built to 1970's Tula pattern in a Soviet designed and built factory on Soviet equipment, and the first ones were assembled using original Tula parts supplied by the Russians. Early commercial import Maadi rifles were used to represent Soviet AKM rifles in the classic AK movie "Red Dawn".

The rifle offered here is a nice, all Egyptian, RML with the desirable 16 inch barrel in military configuration with a standard butt stock and the sought-after brown Bakelite grip. It has the original Egyptian black paint finish, which is in very good condition. This is one of the ones with the non-threaded muzzle and the bayonet lug modified so a bayonet will not lock onto it. It comes with its correct original Egyptian sling, original Maadi owner's manual, and the original Egyptian Maadi factory magazine in the photo.

$1,600 + shipping. (that's less than 2/3 the price of a Steyr Maadi, and it's California legal)

7. Hungarian FEG Budapest SA-85M 7.62X39 AKM (Shown with optional Hungarian stock and grip in photo #6 below)

This is one of the ban-era KBI imports with the thumbhole stock. It is in excellent, near mint, condition. It comes with the original Hungarian accessories - 10 round magazine, leather sling, cleaning rod, oiler, and cleaning kit....I do not have the original box for it.

Hungarian AK's are one of the highest quality versions of this rifle, and since the manufacturer, FEG Budapest, went out of business long ago they will never be manufactured and sold again.

For an additional $100, I have one of the Hungarian AK-74 Bulgarian-style stock sets that were manufactured for and imported by Armory USA/Global Trades years ago. Set includes butt stock, grip, and handguards. The wood grain, color, and finish is identical to the stock set on the rifle and I use the stock and grip from this set, along with the rifle's original handguards, to replace the thumbhole stock and make the rifle look more like a standard Hungarian military AKM. This is the stock and grip that are on the rifle in the photo below (taken in a neighboring free state) - the rifle comes with it's original thumbhole stock, not the stock and grip in the photos. This stock set is available only to the purchaser of the rifle and is not for sale by itself right now. The rifle comes with it's original Hungarian 10 round magazine - the magazine shown in the photo is not included and is not for sale.

Price for rifle with original thumbhole stock is $1,200 + shipping, or $1,300 + shipping with the additional stock set.

8. ROMANIAN WASR 7.62X39 issued to SOC contractors in Afghanistan and Iraq (SOLD )

This one is pretty much the same as #1 above, but does not have the SOC property tag or the original sling that was used on it in Afghanistan and Iraq. It does have the visible adhesive patch from where the SOC property tag was attached to the receiver, and also has the letters SG written on the right side of the butt stock. This one is also in the original untouched - uncleaned and unfired - condition it came back from the Sandbox in.

Sights are straight, mag well is not as tight as #1 but mag wobble is not excessive. It comes with a nice early Romanian brown leather sling.

Overall, it's a nice example of this historic and collectable AK variation. (SOLD)

PHOTOS BELOW:
1. Egyptian Maadi 7.62X39
2. SOC Contractor Afghanistan/Iraq issued WASR 7.62X39 with SOC property tag and sling
3. Saiga 5.45X39
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5338.jpg (97.7 KB, 1481 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5358.jpg (95.9 KB, 1230 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5363.jpg (96.6 KB, 1178 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 10-07-2017 at 7:56 AM..
Old 12-10-2016, 12:28 AM

Pm sent on the Maadi RML
Old 12-11-2016, 3:21 PM

MORE PHOTOS:

7. Hungarian FEG SA-85M. Rifle comes with it's original "thumbhole" stock - the stock and grip on it in the photo, along with a set of matching handguards, are not included but are available to the buyer of the rifle, with the purchase of the rifle only - they are not for sale by themselves at this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5404.jpg (95.6 KB, 483 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 10-04-2017 at 9:29 PM..
Old 01-31-2017, 10:02 AM

I am interested in the saiga. You can pm me or text me at 9513309779. I'm also semi local.
Old 10-07-2017, 7:53 AM

UP^^^

7-9-9-2
Old 10-10-2017, 9:06 PM

^^^^^^^^

8/1/4/3