Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-10-2008, 3:52 PM

Default Super Deal On Bullets For Reloading

FYI for all you reloaders out there.

i went browsing around on midway USA this evening looking for some bullets, and found out that they just got in there "blems" (blemished bullets).....these blems are actually bullets made by companies like hornady,speer,sierra,etc,etc

to find them, all you have to do is go to the caliber you want to look at, and when you pull them up, look on the left hand menu that has the manufactures names ( such as hornady) and click on "MidwayUSA". when it loads youll see alot of bullets that say there "blemished". i have ordered tons of these ( and if you read the reviews alot of other have to) and i have yet, out of over 5000 bullets of all different calibers,to find one single bullet thats not perfect. (it says in the item description that the blems mostly consist of things like slightly discolored jackets)

point is most of the time there is a savigs of anywere between 20% and 60% of the price of the "name brand" counterparts. they say because there so cheap they cant tell the major manufactuers names in the ads, but of you reload as much as i do, youll instantly recognize the bullet from the photos provided. i just ordered over 3000 bullets myself....

DO NOT WAIT. if you are thinking of getting some remeber that most of the time they sell them all out with a few days,so if you snooze ya loose!

LRS
Old 12-10-2008, 5:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Those prices are a bit high for blems. They're basically the same price as first runs (non-rejects) via other vendors.

i.e. Midway product # 176606 are 75gr BTHP 22cal for $14.29 per 100. Graf's has the same price for the Hornady 75gr BTHP 22cal non-blem.

Try shopping at Grafs and Midsouth. MidwayUSA's competitive pricing on reloading equipment and components has been sub-par for a long time now. My last Midway order was over a year ago, and I even have a dealer discount with them.

Distinguished Rifleman #1924
NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
https://www.ocabj.net | http://jocabphoto.com

My AR15 Service Rifle - Used for CMP/NRA High Power Service Rifle Competitions
My Eliseo R5 (Remington 700) Tube Gun - Used for NRA High Power (Match Category) Competitions
My M1 Garand Service Rifle - Used for JCG Matches, rebuilt by Dean's Gun Restorations
Old 12-10-2008, 5:20 PM

i guess it depends n what your buying. i bought some stuff 2 boxs for what id have paid for a single box ,like for the hornady 35gr ballistic tips.....in my area, they usually run about 24 bucks a box, thru midway they are only 12 bucks a box right now for the blems.

plus i know alot of you guys shoot the 60 and up in .224 diameter. i dont shoot anything over say 55gr in any of my guns, but i dont run AR's,etc. most of my stuff is 1 in 12 and 1 in 14 twist.
Old 12-10-2008, 5:23 PM

plus, i just checked midsouth on a couple of things that i ordered from miday, and everthing i checked was 2 to 6 bucks more than the blems i bought, and every one of them said "on order".like the 35gr v-max hornadys.
Old 12-10-2008, 7:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

didnt see any that cheaper than just buying lots of 1000 vs the 100 pack

i thought gee this looks like a good deal http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=159919

then i saw this

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=436152