Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > L.A. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2017, 11:55 AM
CGSSA Leader

Default CGSSA Event - Burro Canyon Monthly Shoot "Shoot'n'Que" Saturday, Aug. 26th STICKY PLS

Azusa - CGSSA/Calguns Monthly Shoot'n'Que at Burro Canyon

Date: Saturday, August 26th, 2017
Times: Range Office Sign-in and Fee Payment, and Set-up Period on Range: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM; Event Safety Briefing and Event Start Time: 10:00 AM; Last Ceasefire: 3:30 PM; Event End Time: 4:00 PM
Range Fee: $25.00. Pay and sign-in at the Burro Canyon Office. Tell the office that you are with the Calguns group on range East 1B.
Range: Range East 1B, approximately 140 yards in length.
Please respond to this thread (post) if you will be coming to this monthly shoot.

We are hosting a general shooting line with a potluck barbecue for lunch. Bring food and drinks to share for the potluck. Participation in the potluck is not mandatory but is encouraged. If you wish to partake of the potluck but do not bring any food or drink then please donate some funds to the "donation jar".

Between 9:00 and 10:00 AM you should sign-in and pay at the Burro office, drive to East 1B, pick your spot on the firing line, unpack, and set up any canopy, table, chairs, and targets. Once you have done that you may wish to socialize with your fellow shooters. We are a friendly group!

Eye protection, hearing protection, and water are essential for each attendee. Sun block and a hat are recommended.

Safety Briefing is scheduled nominally for 10:00 AM. Firearms should be kept in your vehicle, or in their carrying case on your line shooting position, or you can unpack them provided you have a cognizant RSO verify that they are unloaded. The range is "COLD" until it is called "HOT" after the Safety Briefing. All firearms should be unloaded and clear, with actions open (if unpacked), until such time. The range will go HOT and shooting shall begin shortly after the Safety Briefing. Line breaks for target change will be about every 30 minutes. The range will go COLD around midday for lunch. The range will go HOT again at the conclusion of lunch. The final ceasefire will be called at 3:30 PM. Teardown and clean-up will begin then and the event will end no later than 4:00 PM.

We have only the right side of the range this year (East 1B), so attendance is nominally limited to 30 shooters. If you sign-up then please attend. No tentative sign-ups accepted. You may not have a spot on the line if you are not on the Attendees list by 9:00 PM Friday night (the night before). The thread will likely be closed when the 30 shooters level is reached.

If you would like, bring your propane BBQ's to share. Wood and Charcoal grills are NOT allowed.

RSO (Range Safety Officer) volunteers are always needed for this event. Please post a response to this thread or send a PM (private message) to me (RFBIII) if you can volunteer in this capacity. Thanks in advance.

Permanent RSO volunteer until further notice: RFBIII

Below are some information URL's about BCSP
http://www.burrocanyon.com/
http://www.burrocanyon.com/faqs.shtml

Burro Canyon is NOT allowing bullets containing steel, or steel targets or frames. So don't bring them because the fire danger is real. Call the Burro office at (626) 910-1344 if you have questions. Take your ammunition to the range office to be checked when you pay and sign-in. Ammunition is supposed to be checked at the office at this time. At East 1B the range staff and the event staff reserve the right to check all ammunition with magnets.

No alcohol or drugs are allowed at Burro Canyon or at this event. Violators will be asked to leave.

Location Details:
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, CA 91702
Burro Office telephone - (626) 910-1344

CGSSA shoots and other events are pre-scheduled this year so check the monthly schedule dates @ http://cgssa.org/events/. This is a very full calendar. For this event look to the last Saturday in the month.

LET'S HAVE A SAFE AND SUPER FUN EVENT!!
NRA Certified RSO and CRSO; CGSSA Women On Target instructor
NRA Members Council of San Gabriel Valley President

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 08-13-2017, 11:57 AM
CGSSA Leader

Default Attendees

THOSE WHO ARE SIGNED UP
RFBIII (host) + group; for potluck: hot dogs and buns, mustard. RSO volunteer
jeremyy
Rsvale + 5; for potluck: potato salad
crazychinaman + 5

Last edited by RFBIII; 08-25-2017 at 10:12 PM..
Old 08-15-2017, 1:05 PM

its a go on my end.
Old 08-15-2017, 6:12 PM

I will be there & 2 will bring potatoe salad
Old 08-16-2017, 12:00 PM

Trying to encourage non-regular shoot n q attending friends to come out this time. As things stand right now, myself and the lady plan on being there.

Can supply water, though temporary diet restrictions prohibit eating the usual foods
Old 08-16-2017, 6:01 PM

Smile Bbq

I will be there 2 maybe 5
Old 08-23-2017, 5:59 AM

Something came up and may not be able to make it now, should know for sure tomorrow or Friday. :-/
Old 08-23-2017, 11:22 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukleusX View Post
Something came up and may not be able to make it now, should know for sure tomorrow or Friday. :-/
Thanks for the update!

Old 08-24-2017, 5:28 AM

Yeah, myself and lady are out this time around.

hope all who attendees are safe and have fun in the usual order or the monthly shoots!
Old 08-24-2017, 11:45 AM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NukleusX View Post
Yeah, myself and lady are out this time around.

hope all who attendees are safe and have fun in the usual order or the monthly shoots!
Sorry to hear that! Perhaps see you September 30th!

Old 08-24-2017, 12:13 PM

I hope so!
Old 08-25-2017, 2:33 PM

Smile Bbq shoot

My friend Ken Ryan is coming with 4.
Old 08-25-2017, 7:33 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Check yer email you have a large group adding in

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.