Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2017, 8:08 PM

Default SKS legality question

Ok, I have a question about long gun registration. Hypothetically, if someone moved here in 2005, with a fixed magazine SKS (wood stock, no bayonet or any evil features), where they required at thay time to register that long gun? And the same for a bolt action .300 win mag? I understand neither are assault rifles but I can't find a clear answer as to if my friend is legal and clear or not as far as long gum regostration. I know handguns would have had to have been registered at that time. He's asking me and im trying to help him get answers
Old 08-07-2017, 8:30 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99 View Post
Ok, I have a question about long gun registration. Hypothetically, if someone moved here in 2005, with a fixed magazine SKS (wood stock, no bayonet or any evil features), where they required at thay time to register that long gun? And the same for a bolt action .300 win mag? I understand neither are assault rifles but I can't find a clear answer as to if my friend is legal and clear or not as far as long gum regostration. I know handguns would have had to have been registered at that time. He's asking me and im trying to help him get answers
Long gun registration did not begin until 01-01-2014.

In 2005, there was no requirement for a new resident of CA to register any long gun they brought with them to CA.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 08-07-2017, 8:36 PM

Perfect, thank you for the reply
Old 08-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Note that your friend's fixed magazine SKS can have evil features.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Bayonet is not a evil feature.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 09-07-2017, 1:08 PM

One strange aspect about gun control laws in Cali and NY/NJ is that battle rifles like my Garand, SKS, M1917 Enfield and SMLE4 are legal without having to register but gun grabbers are having hysterical hissy fits over ARs and AKs which are little different the corresponding RUger Mini14/30 which are also legal
Old 11-14-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcrsn View Post
One strange aspect about gun control laws in Cali and NY/NJ is that battle rifles like my Garand, SKS, M1917 Enfield and SMLE4 are legal without having to register but gun grabbers are having hysterical hissy fits over ARs and AKs which are little different the corresponding RUger Mini14/30 which are also legal

because a Mini in wood or traditional polymer furniture sold with a Cali Legal sawed off baby dick 5 or 10 round magazine LOOKS like a harmless Deer killer.

unlike an AR or AK which LOOKS like a people killing death machine that eats babies, insults gays and uses the "N" word.

the really funny thing is the "harmless" mini 14 was used in 2011 in Norway by Anti Marxist sicko for a mass killing... 67 killed by gunshot. in a country where obtaining guns is, by US standards... very difficult.

but hey Sickos with guns only kill mass amounts of people in The USA with because of lax gun laws, never happens in other more "civilized" countries with tighter weapon laws...