Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 7:17 AM

Default .....

Last edited by rickster1269; 08-20-2017 at 7:45 AM.. Reason: This forum sucks
Old 08-05-2017, 10:59 AM

Will you ship out of state ? Sorry my name was not set up as email address in Flickr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 3:42 PM

I'll take it !

Old 08-09-2017, 4:43 PM

Possible scammer. B3ntly3g beware. Fishy transaction. He doesnt seem legit.
Old 08-09-2017, 5:33 PM

I'd be more afraid of the guy who didn't want to bring this supposed item to an FFL they have a 20 year relationship with to start a transfer and hold it and let the customer verify he's actually selling this shotgun with accessories before sending payment (which was shown to be true through photos of money orders with his name and address ready to go + FFL info. All I wanted was a verification through dealer and that's toooooo difficult! If you won't see this in person before throwing down $1500 beware.

Old 08-09-2017, 5:34 PM

Apparently the seller of a serialized firearm has more to worry about than a buyer with no idea what will be sent in the mail to FFL after expected payment up front

Old 08-10-2017, 8:28 AM

B3ntly3g - seller can do whatever he feels comfortable with and express his opinion. You, as the buyer, have to deal with it. Not go on some sort of whiny rant against forum rules in his sales thread. Seller has 145 positive transactions here since 2009, you have 0, yes, ZERO as a member since this month of this year. You're the only one here I wouldn't trust, specially if it's a money order. Not to mention you're on CalGuns, as in CAL-ifnornia, but you don't even reside here in California.
WFT for 300 Blackout
45-70 & .450 Marlin brass

Last edited by SpaceMan; 08-10-2017 at 8:35 AM..
Old 08-10-2017, 9:52 AM

I have dealt with rickster1269 and he is 100% legit. He is the kind of no BS Calgunner anyone trying to get a good, safe deal here should hope to run into.

A pic of a money order is about as useful as pic of a pile of cash. It means nothing.

I have never dropped an item in the mail without cash in hand or in my PayPal.

A transaction like this is a leap of faith on both sides. If you wanted this deal and had concerns you should have reached out to me or the other 145 guys rickster1269 has had positive transactions with.

0 feedback + no history + send me a $1500 rig on your word he will get money = "Fishy" AF!

Good on rickster1269 for calling you out.
Old 08-10-2017, 8:04 PM

Default Benelli M2 Stanislaus Tactical Will Ship

The only request I had before sending my money order was that I can verify that I am in fact buying what Rickster is selling from a phone call to his FFL.

At least that money order shows that I in fact am a serious buyer and wrote his name and address on it as proof. It is not a leap of faith for him as he has control of shipping. He suggested I use USPS money order as it offered more protection

He would still have to give his shotgun over to a FFL to legally transfer per NRA ILA website in California no matter who is purchasing. (If he has shipped firearms or sold son many why did he not know this when calling my FFL? )
I was protecting myself from being scammed by calling his FFL for verification but he was unwilling to give them his shotgun to transfer before receiving cash.

He can not simply drop his shotgun in the mail. ^

PayPal doesn't protect the buyer of firearms ( he was kind enough to tell me that after I told him I was not going to "gift" him $$$$)

I did not ask him to just send me this item without receiving payment.

He agreed at first to me contacting his FFL when he transferred it to them and before I agreed to send money of which I have proof through our text conversation.
It is my understanding that it is still his property until he gives them permission to ship or he transfers it back to himself. He acted like they immediately ship it out the second he hands it to them and loses it forever and cannot request they call me to talk about it, hold it for any amount of time for his payment to be received or them have any knowledge of accessories stated in this ad.

Yes I have 0 feedback or history because I JUST JOINED! And I stated that in the beginning.
I stopped in and talked to my FFL today and yes they do not accept personal firearm transfers from California because of CA laws. Apparently Rickster was not aware of his own state law that requires all transfers in California go through FFL.
My dealer also found it suspect that Rickster would not allow me to call his dealer AFTER he dropped it off to them to ask the dealer about it before sending my money and said he would not send money before that either.

So don't get all mixed up, I wasn't asking for him to ship his firearm without payment, I was asking for 3rd party verification to protect myself as a consumer. He decided it was not worth waiting 1 day for me to call Jane @ his FFL to ask their procedures after finding out I didn't immediately send funds on a leap of faith. He was willing to sell me this until it came down to me contacting his FFL the next day to fact check and see why it's so irregular to have them contact me about my supposed future purchase.

If he followed through with starting a transfer and it was verified I would of sent the money, even through PayPal if need be, but because he wanted the money before any steps were taken this purchase fell through.

Last edited by b3ntly3g; 08-10-2017 at 9:07 PM..
Old 08-10-2017, 8:10 PM

Default Benelli M2 Stanislaus Tactical Will Ship

@spaceman I also stated to him that I found this forum while looking at shotguns on google for sale and is the reason I joined. Obviously this is priced well. I asked if he would ship out of state. I didn't know it would be a bunch of drama on here. Sure he has history but most of his past posts are edited to just "...." ???
And also I stated facts in dealing with this individual with my side of the story after Rickster decided to slander my name because I wouldn't send money before he proved through a FFL this firearm was legitimate. Do you gift people you don't know $1500 just because they have an image of something your interested in buying ?

Last edited by b3ntly3g; 08-10-2017 at 8:42 PM..
Old 08-17-2017, 6:08 PM

I gave the guy numerous references, names and numbers of contacts at my FFL. I agreed after he sent and I cashed his payment to bring the shotgun to my ffl and he could contact them to verify. He wanted them to verify all the parts of the gun and all he'd be getting, He then says he wants me to take it in and drop it off sign it over to my ffl and he will send payment after he verifies it is there with the ffl. All based on his pic of 2 MO with none of his side of the info filled out. I called to speak with him and he was disguising his voice or just has trouble speaking clearly but I was not comfortable with him. Beware he is a scammer folks

Bump

Price drop to $1200 no sling or rmr
Old 08-19-2017, 12:31 PM

In reverse order I believe but you did say sure to my clear question of dropping off to FFL to verify and it as very clear. I am not scamming anyone here.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 PM

Closed Thread