Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:40 AM
donger's Avatar
donger donger is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Outta California
Posts: 1,570
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default Need ACOG TA31F manual

Hi guys, I have a buddy stationed in Iraq that was issued an ACOG TA31F but does not know exactly how to use it. I explained how to use the chevron and corresponding hash marks as both range finders and BDC but I guess he wants to hear it or read it from the horse's mouth.

I actually own this scope but must have lost my manual in the move to my new house. So does any one have a scanned copy or PDF of the manual handy that I could forward to my friend?
__________________
Certified Ragaholic
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:57 AM
REDHORSE's Avatar
REDHORSE REDHORSE is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Inland Empire, San Bernardino County
Posts: 1,441
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Not a manual, but it could help explain some of the features: http://www.armyproperty.com/Equipment-Info/ACOG.pdf
__________________

NRA + SAF + CRPA Member
CGF & CGN/CGSSA Contributor WEGC Member



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:40 AM
REDHORSE's Avatar
REDHORSE REDHORSE is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Inland Empire, San Bernardino County
Posts: 1,441
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

There are a bunch of ACOG related videos here:

http://www.guntalk.tv/gtv/library.php?category=49#

Sighting in Your ACOG
What is B.A.C.?
ACOG Drill
Choosing an ACOG
.....

You may have to click on the video thumbnails on the right hand side to start the video.

Last edited by REDHORSE; 12-01-2008 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Jicko Jicko is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,807
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donger View Post
Hi guys, I have a buddy stationed in Iraq that was issued an ACOG TA31F but does not know exactly how to use it. I explained how to use the chevron and corresponding hash marks as both range finders and BDC but I guess he wants to hear it or read it from the horse's mouth.

I actually own this scope but must have lost my manual in the move to my new house. So does any one have a scanned copy or PDF of the manual handy that I could forward to my friend?
Email: info@trijicon.com



PS. strange enough, the TA31F manual does not explain the "F" reticle (chervon)!! ha ha ha....

PPS. Here is the PDF manual of the ECOS version (http://www.trijicon.com/dmgnt_files/...COS_Manual.pdf), it DOES explain those BDC marks, representing 19" shoulder-to-shoulder @ distances tho. I found THIS to be a much better manual than the TA31F one.
__________________
- LL
NRA Certified Firearm Instructor


New to Calguns, check here first:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

Last edited by Jicko; 12-01-2008 at 11:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Jicko Jicko is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 8,807
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default FYI, PMT scope cover

BTW, I can't say enough about PMT's ACOG lens cover... I enjoy mine A LOT... to be able to cover up the obj lens and use it as a 1x red-dot sight... this is WAY fast, once you are trained on it.

http://www.progressivemachine.net/products.html

__________________
- LL
NRA Certified Firearm Instructor


New to Calguns, check here first:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Mississippi's Avatar
Mississippi Mississippi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South San Francisco
Posts: 909
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jicko View Post
Email: info@trijicon.com



PS. strange enough, the TA31F manual does not explain the "F" reticle (chervon)!! ha ha ha....

PPS. Here is the PDF manual of the ECOS version (http://www.trijicon.com/dmgnt_files/...COS_Manual.pdf), it DOES explain those BDC marks, representing 19" shoulder-to-shoulder @ distances tho. I found THIS to be a much better manual than the TA31F one.

Thanks for the ECOS manuel! I just bought the ECOS and this helps a lot.
__________________
Protect your integrity like you would protect your life.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2008, 3:43 PM
UBFRAGD UBFRAGD is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Shotspotter on every roof
Posts: 2,704
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Jicko:to be able to cover up the obj lens and use it as a 1x red-dot sight

sorry for being dense, do you mean using the collector as a bead-style sight?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-28-2008, 7:38 PM
Loner Loner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 684
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDHORSE View Post
There are a bunch of ACOG related videos here:

http://www.guntalk.tv/gtv/library.php?category=49#

Sighting in Your ACOG
What is B.A.C.?
ACOG Drill
Choosing an ACOG
.....

You may have to click on the video thumbnails on the right hand side to start the video.
Well according to the video on sighting it, ACOG's are supposed to be zero'd at 100 meters, not 100 yards. So that means I have to re-zero my TA31F for meters, but Angeles is set-up in yards. Anyone got any tips, or know a range where they are set-up in meters?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.