Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Long Guns For the private sale of rifles, shotguns and other long guns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:41 PM

Exclamation Snipers: U.S. 1903A4,WW2 Mosin PE &PEM scopes, Finn & Russian PU,Swede M41,Yugo M48

For those of you who are into genuine, original, rare to unobtainable, WW2 combat sniper rifles, here is your chance. I'm putting my collection up for sale to help finance the small, private, in-home, no-kill, dog rescue/shelter/sanctuary - "Wolf Creek Dog Rescue" - we run. We have several thousand dollars in surgery and other medical treatment bills for the dogs, it costs a lot of money to feed the every month, and there are a lot of other things around here I need to take care of that I have been diverting funds away from to take care of the most urgent bills, like surgery, food, keeping the lights on, etc. So as I get the time, I will be listing each rifle in my collection here with a photo. I will have more photos of each that I can send to seriously interested parties who contact me by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and request them.

1. Remington 1903A4 Sniper - you too can "Save Private Ryan"!

I just spent over $6,000 on one of my rescue dogs for surgery to remove a large hemangiosarcoma tumor.... and now he is getting chemotherapy, which involves 5 treatments every 3 weeks and cost around $775 per treatment, which means close to $4,000 total.

To help finance this, I am putting one of the gems of my collection up for sale, my beloved Remington 1903A4 sniper rifle which I have had for over 35 years - this is not one of the rifles CMP sold back in the 1990's-early 2000's period.

This rifle is in overall excellent condition inside and out. It has the Type C pistol grip stock, with RIA/EB cartouche and a nice M84 scope.

Required form of payment is U.S. Postal Money Order or cash - No PayPal!

I have more photos I can send to anyone interested who contacts me by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and requests them.

I am only putting this up for sale to pay for my dog's cancer treatment, so I am absolutely NOT interested in any trades.

Price is $4,000 + shipping. PRICE IS FIRM!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1903A4 001.jpg (70.3 KB, 1224 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 03-19-2017 at 1:59 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 3:25 PM

WW2 SOVIET PE & PEM SNIPER SCOPES

I have a couple genuine original PEM scopes, and also one of the Ukrainian made PE scopes from about 12 years ago (actual PE pattern with the moving reticle, not the modern scopes with fixed reticle that made to look like a PE, and maybe one of the nice Ukrainian milled steel top-mount setups from the same period - these are a lot nicer and better made than the current cast ones.

These would be great scopes for re-scoping an original WW2 Soviet "Big scope" sniper like one of the scopeless Finn captured ones or a restored Soviet "ex-sniper" refurb, for building a nice replica sniper, for building a replica Soviet scopes WW2 German Mauser sniper (the Germans really liked these big quality scopes and used a lot of captured ones on their snipers as well as using captured Soviet snipers), for use on one of the Romanian VZ-24 Mauser snipers as a substitute for the rare and expensive Romanian IOR scope (itself a modernized PEM with slightly different front and rear lens housings), or on one of the M48 Mauser snipers from Yugoslavia/Bosnia.

PEM scope #1: This scope is a genuine 1939 "Progress" (factory set up for the Soviets by the German Zeiss firm) with rare, valuable, and very desirable original leather lens caps, canvas scope cover, cleaning cloth still in its paper wrapper, and - you never see these! - it's Soviet inspection document dated 1949. I paid $1,000 for this setup years ago and considered it a bargain with the lens caps, cover, and inspection document, I will sell for the same price as I paid for it: $1,000 + shipping

PEM scope #2: WW2 Finn captured 1939 "Progress" PEM scope in very good original condition. No cover or lens caps included with this one. I paid $750 for it, will sell it for the same, $750 + shipping

PE scope: This is one of the Ukrainian made ones from about 12 years ago that are made to the original pattern, not one of the cheap modern scopes that are made to look like a PE but use totally different internals. $250 + shipping.

I have a set of Igor Tsibelman's high quality leather lens caps and canvas scope cover (made from genuine original WW2 Soviet military canvas) offered with PEM scope #2 or the PE scope (they are not for sale by themselves at this time) for an additional $50

I also have a nice milled steel PE/PEM top-mount mount setup, this is a lot better made and better looking than the current rough cast ones coming out of China and Eastern Europe....I have to check to see what all I have for this one.

I WILL TAKE AND POST PHOTOS OF THESE SCOPES AND RELATED ITEMS SHORTLY

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 03-19-2017 at 2:00 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:14 PM

5. WW2 Finn captured 1935 Tula PE top-mount sniper rifle. (SOLD)

This is one of the small quantity of Finn captured Mosin snipers that Sarco discovered stashed away and forgotten in their warehouse several years ago. I think there were about 20 rifles in this lot.....about half of them were purchased by other well known Mosin sniper collectors, and I purchased about 12 of them (all they had left when I was able to get the funds together to buy them) for my collection. This lot of genuine original Finn captured Mosin snipers is well known in the Mosin sniper collecting community, and was extensively featured and discussed on Gunboards at the time. It has the early Century import marks on the barrel with the "St. Albans Vt." address that identifies it as one of the rifles imported from Finnland in the late 1980's-early 1990's era.

For anyone who is looking for a nice, easily re-scoped, shooter/re-enactor/display grade example of one of the scarcest and most historic combat sniper rifles from the WW2 era, this is an excellent and affordable choice. It still has a genuine WW2 Soviet sniper bolt, so all you would need would be one of the various reproduction mount setups, and an original or reproduction PE or PEM scope, to return it to it's original and most historically significant WW2 combat sniper configuration.

The one offered here is a 1935 Tula, serial number 18938. It has a nice clean bore with good rifling - sharp lands and grooves with a little frosting - and a tight, non-counter-bored, muzzle, so it should be an excellent shooter.

I have not removed the action from the stock to check the tang date, but looking at the difference between the 5 and the rest of the date and the fairly early serial number, it is possible that the Soviets originally built this one up in very early 1935 using one of the last of the 1934 dated sniper receivers. (UPDATED: I did check the tang date, and it is 1934.)

The bolt is a genuine original WW2 Mosin sniper item - the bolt head, cocking piece, and connecting bar are Tula and the bolt body - serial number rK8529 (translates to GK 8529) is a WW2 Izhvesk piece in the serial number range and showing the distinctive, rather sloppy, bend and weld from the 1942- very early 1943 period. The floorplate and buttplate do not match the rifle or each other, something that is not unusual or incorrect for Finn Mosins.

The sling is the early style with the cast oval silver buckle, and the dog collars have unique brass roller buckles. The original Sarco inventory tag is still attached.

NOTE: The scope and mount setup shown on the rifle in the photos is NOT included. The scope is offered for sale here separately, but the mount setup has already been sold.

Price for this rifle is $1,200 + shipping (SOLD)

OPTIONAL GENUINE ORIGINAL WW2 PEM SCOPE: If anyone is looking for a genuine original WW2 Soviet PEM scope to use for re-scoping this or any other PE/PEM rifle, I have a WW2 Finn captured 1939 "Progress" PEM scope in very good original condition for $750 + shipping, or with a set of Igor Tsibelman's leather lens caps and canvas scope cover (made from genuine original WW2 Soviet military canvas) offered with the scope for an additional $50. This is the scope shown in the photo...the mount setup on the rifle and scope in the photo has already been sold.

I also have one of the earlier milled steel Ukrainian replica PE hex-receiver top-mount bases with mounting screws (this is the base only, I do not have the upper mount part) for sale with this rifle for an additional $50. Although not as smoothly finished as the original WW2 era mounts, these early Ukrainian replicas are better made and higher quality than the rough cast steel Chinese and eastern European versions currently available.

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 03-19-2017 at 2:00 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:14 PM

RESERVED FOR FUTURE LISTING

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 03-19-2017 at 2:02 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:15 PM

8. Rare original WW2 Finnish conversion of Mosin-Nagant 1939 91/30 rifle to PU sniper configuration.

THIS IS A REAL FINN WW2 "FIELD EXPEDIENT" SNIPER, NOT ONE OF THE "REPLICA" PU SNIPERS CENTURY ARMS BUILT UP ON FINN CAPTURED SOVIET MOSINS BACK IN THE 1990'S!
$600 + shipping.

The WW2 Soviet base shown with the rifle is NOT INCLUDED in the price, but is available for an additional $200. The mounting holes match the spacing of the holes in the rifle's receiver, but the holes in the receiver are a different thread size and pitch than original WW2 Soviet mounting screws, so it will be necessary to figure out the correct size screws for it. I also have an original WW2 Soviet PU scope and mount for sale that would be great for re-scoping this rifle.

$600 + shipping.

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 06-30-2017 at 12:55 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:16 PM

11. 1943 Izhevsk Mosin 91/30 PU sniper. (WITHDRAWN FROM SALE)

This is one of the early Century imports from the 1990's that I got through that famous "Gunboards Group Buy" deal that Brent "Tuco" Snodgrass set up with Phoenix Distributors back in the late 1990's when he still owned and ran Gunboards.

This is a beautiful rifle with the desirable small and discrete Century Arms import mark on the barrel with the St. Albans Vt. address. It is unfired and untouched since it was originally Soviet arsenal refurbed and put in a crate back in the early 1960's. The early Century imports are way more desirable and valuable than the more recently imported PU snipers because of the small and inoffensive import marks, and there is no question as to when or where they were last used or refurbed.

$1,200 FIRM + shipping (Withdrawn from Sale)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 06-30-2017 at 12:56 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:16 PM

12. 1943 Izhevsk Mosin 91/30 PU sniper rifle, with possible East German "Triangle/1" marking. RIFLE HAS BEEN SOLD. EAST GERMAN ACCESSORIES ARE STILL AVAILABLE

This is a restored ex-sniper that has been restored using all proper, correct, original WW2 Soviet and original East German sniper parts. It has the mysterious and controversial "Triangle/1" marking on the barrel shank - some people believe that this is an East German marking denoting the condition of the rifle (with 1 being the best, and 2 & 3 being the next grades down) and that Mosin and SKS rifles with this marking are ones that were supplied by Russia to East Germany and then returned to the Soviets in the late 1970's-early 1980's period , and others are of the opinion that this marking when found on Soviet rifles is a Soviet arsenal marking that looks identical to the East German marking.

At this point I do not know which of these theories is the correct one, so I am listing this rifle as "possibly East German" and pricing it as a restoration of a standard Soviet refurb ex-sniper with a lot of scarce and desirable original WW2 Soviet and East German parts and accessories. When I originally acquired this one from another Gunboards member, it had already been restored using a post-war Soviet mount setup and a post-war refurbed Soviet WW2 scope. I replaced these items with ones that would be original, proper, and correct for an East German issue PU sniper and added a number of scarce and desirable East German accessories.

Scope, mount, and base are all correct, hard to find (especially the base - originals are impossible to find) WW2 Soviet items with no post-war Soviet modifications or refurb markings on the scope, and no post-war Soviet refurb electropenciled numbers on the mount. The original scope number on the left side of the barrel

The bolt is a conversion of the standard 91/30 straight bolt to sniper version by Jim "Boltman" Roberts from Gunboards.

The black plastic lens caps for the scope are DDR issue, the canvas scope cover is a super rare East German made one, the rifle has a scarce and collectable East German leather dog collar sling with East Berlin markings, and 3 rare East German ammo pouches are included - a tan leather East German made one, and a matched set of East German marked and March 1954 dated (in German) Polish made green canvas pouches.

Vic Thomas recently sold a leather East German sling, single DDR leather pouch, and a WW2 Soviet tool kit with a reputed East German marked screwdriver/firing pin protusion tool for $100 on Gunboards, so you gotta figure that the East German sling, 3 ammo pouches, East German lens caps, and East German scope cover are easily worth a couple hundred dollars by themselves.

I'm also including 61 rounds of collectable 1983 dated East German 7.62X54r light ball practice ammo (Uebungs Patronen) with its original East German documentation and six original Izhevsk marked Soviet stripper clips.

Rifle is in beautiful condition with a nice bore and tight muzzle, stock is a very scarce and desirable 1942 Izhevsk "wartime transitional" stock with the screwed in sling slot escutcheons in the rear sling slot and the stamped and folded sheet metal "half-liner" in the front sling slot.

PHOTOS: I have many more detailed photos of this rifle and the items offered with it that can send to anyone who contacts me by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and requests them.

RIFLE HAS BEEN SOLD, EAST GERMAN ACCESSORIES ARE STILL AVAILABLE

[
EAST GERMAN ACCESSORIES AND AMMO: If anyone wants just the East German leather sling, ammo pouches, scope cover and lens caps, and ammo, I will sell them for $250 + shipping.

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 03-19-2017 at 2:06 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:17 PM

13. Yugo M48A Mauser sniper

Offered here is one of the Bosnian War era Yugo M48A Mauser snipers that were imported by Century Arms in the late 1990's-early 2000's period.

This one has been drilled and tapped for standard Weaver mounts and I am including a Weaver front base with it, so finding a proper Weaver Mauser rear base should be pretty easy and of course standard Weaver rings common, available, and affordable. One of the mounting screw holes for the front base has the old screw broken off in it, so this will have to be removed.

The scope that comes with it is a beautiful Yugoslavian military issue ZRAK ON-M76B scope, made in 1986. This is one I acquired from one of my sources in Beograd (Belgrade) Serbia-Montenegro around 2003

This is a genuine Yugo "Balkan Wars" sniper that was made and used in this configuration in former Yugoslavia, not something that was done here or Bubba's attempt at making a deer hunting rifle from a Yugo Mauser.

This is one of several of these Yugo Mauser snipers I purchased directly from Century Arms back when they imported them. It is in overall excellent original condition, but has a shallow chip out of the handguard at the rear on the right side. Bore is beautiful - not shot out or pitted like many of them - and has a tight muzzle, so it should be a good shooter. It comes with the original Yugo brown leather Mauser sling and cleaning rod that were on it when I got it.

For more information and photos, follow this link: http://www.theakforum.net/forums/42-...er-mounts.html

Here is an article that contains some information on these Yugo Mauser snipers that were used in the regional conflicts that accompanied the break-up of Yugoslavia: http://www.texastradingpost.com/yugo...m48sniper.html

Price is $900 + shipping
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yugo M48 Mauser sniper, drilled for Weaver mount.jpg (12.9 KB, 563 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 06-28-2017 at 11:55 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:17 PM

14. Swedish M/41 (NOT the post-WW2 M/41B!) Mauser sniper rifle. RIFLE IS SOLD!

1906 Carl Gustafs. This is a beautiful rifle - all original and correct pre-1945 WW2 M/41condition and configuration, and all matching except the cleaning rod which is standard with Swede Mauser rifles...rifle serial number is 196563, all numbered parts are 563, cleaning rod is 569. It is missing the scope and mount setup but does have the mounting screws and locating pins for the base.

Early style unit i.d. disc in buttstock, marked "K I 17 No 115"

This should make a great shooter as is, and if you have or can find a correct scope and mount setup to rescope it you will have a very valuable, rare, and historic sniper. One of the WW2 German siderail setups from Accumounts should also work, since the original mount systems used on these rifles were German siderails.

$900 FIRM + shipping. (SOLD)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 12-07-2016 at 12:08 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:18 PM

15.. WW2 Swedish M/41 Mauser sniper, 1908 Carl Gustaf

Offered here is a genuine original Swedish WW2 production Mauser M/41 sniper rifle. This is an original M/41 made in the 1941 to 1945 period, NOT one of the much more common post-war M/41B reworks from 1955. This is an exceptionally nice rifle that is all matching except the cleaning rod, mismatched cleaning rods are common and proper/correct for these. It has the AGA M/42 scope that was developed for these in Sweden after the Germans ceased delivery of the AJAK scopes these were originally equipped with, since these and all other German production scopes were all needed for the German Army and Waffen SS.

I have more photos I can send to anyone interested who contacts me by EMAIL at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and requests them.

$2,500 FIRM + shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swede M-41 Mauser sniper, 1908 Carl Gustaf 001.jpg (75.0 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 05-22-2015 at 10:04 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:18 PM

16. WW2 Swedish M/41 Mauser sniper, 1899 Carl Gustaf

Offered here is a genuine original Swedish WW2 production Mauser M/41 sniper rifle. This is an original M/41 made in the 1941 to 1945 period, NOT one of the much more common post-war M/41B reworks from 1955. This is an exceptionally nice rifle that is all matching except the rear sight assembly, which is not incorrect or improper for these. As is original, proper, and correct for an early rifle like this, the cleaning rod is not serial numbered. It has the AGA M/42 scope that was developed for these in Sweden after the Germans ceased delivery of the AJAK scopes these were originally equipped with, since these and all other German production scopes were all needed for the German Army and Waffen SS.

$2,500 FIRM + shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swede M-41 Mauser sniper, 1899 Carl Gustaf 001.jpg (67.9 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 05-22-2015 at 10:04 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:19 PM

17. WW2 Swedish M/41 Mauser sniper, 1910 Carl Gustaf (SOLD)
Offered here is a genuine original Swedish WW2 production Mauser M/41 sniper rifle. This is an original M/41 made in the 1941 to 1945 period, NOT one of the much more common post-war M/41B reworks from 1955 This one has the AGA M/44 scope, with the very rare correct original leather lens caps for the scope.

NO PHOTOS OF THIS ONE YET

I will take and post photos, along with a more detailed description, tomorrow (Sat. May 23) when I have the time and better lighting.

$2,700.00 + shipping (SOLD)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 08-14-2016 at 7:53 PM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:20 PM

18. WW2 Swedish M/41 Mauser sniper, 1909 Carl Gustaf

Offered here is a genuine original Swedish WW2 production Mauser M/41 sniper rifle. This is an original M/41 made in the 1941 to 1945 period, NOT one of the much more common post-war M/41B reworks from 1955 This one has the AGA M/44 scope.

NO PHOTOS OF THIS ONE YET

I will take and post photos, along with a more detailed description, tomorrow (Sat. May 23) when I have the time and better lighting.

$2,500.00 Firm + shipping

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 11-15-2015 at 8:38 AM..
Old 04-08-2015, 5:20 PM

19. Yugo M48 Mauser sniper with Mauser banner ZRAK mounts and Mauser banner scope

This is another of the "Balkan Wars" Yugo Mauser snipers that Century imported from Bosnia in the late 1990's. It has the rare and desirable Mauser banner marked mounts and scope.

More information on these rifles can be found here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1092249

I have more photos I can send to anyone interested who contacts me directly at vonweigert(a)earthlink.net and requests them.

Price is $1,250 + shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yugo M48 Mauser sniper, Mauser scope & Mounts 002.jpg (75.4 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by Marcus von W.; 08-04-2015 at 1:10 PM..
Old 04-16-2015, 4:36 PM

Really interested in the Swedish 1941
Are you going to upload some photos of it?
Old 04-22-2015, 4:32 PM

any paper work on 1903 sniper ?
Old 04-23-2015, 4:32 PM

As stated above, this is not one of the 1903A4 snipers that were sold by the CMP, so there is no CMP documentation on it.

1903A4 snipers have very unique and distinctive receiver markings that are off-set so as to be visible with the mount base in place, which makes it possible to instantly verify a genuine one.
Old 06-28-2015, 7:54 PM

Absolutely amazing stuff. Best of luck with your dog sir.
Old 07-04-2015, 1:11 AM

If I hit the lottery I will TAKE THEM ALL!!!!!

Absolutely amazing collection you got there! tagging myself so I may come back to take some of them off your hand!
Old 08-04-2015, 1:11 PM

Another "Balkan Wars" Yugoslavian M48 Mauser sniper added.
This one has the rare and desirable Mauser Banner marked ZRAK scope mounts, with a Mauser Banner marked scope.
Old 03-19-2017, 2:59 PM

UP^
Old 04-02-2017, 5:51 PM

UP^
Old 06-28-2017, 11:46 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^