Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > 2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2nd Amend. Litigation Updates & Legal Discussion Discuss California 2A related litigation and legal topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Texeira vs Alameda County en-banc judges compared to other 2nd cases

So I just happened to come across the en-banc youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEYEBXa-E0
and as I'm watching I realized something odd to me . It appears the "random" selection of judges for this case has 6 of the Peruta judges .

There are 29 active judges and 19 senior judges on the court . What's the odds you get 6 of the 11 random judges picked are the same as another gun rights case ? Does anyone have any stats that shows how many of the same "randomly" selected judges are on other gun rights cases . It just seemed odd to me that I recognized many of the judges .

I then would ask do we know how all those same judges voted in each of the other gun rights cases ?

Do I smell a conspiracy or am I over thinking this ?

Anyone else find it sad that those who preach tolerance CAN'T allow the existence, occurrence, or practice of (something that they do not necessarily like or agree with) without interference.

If you have the time check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE or a picture of Mohamed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwpwP_fIqY

Last edited by Metal God; 04-06-2017 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-06-2017, 11:45 AM

Of course it's a conspiracy. Just the frequency of use in 2A cases is conspiratorial in and of itself.

As for the random selection of judges? I'm sure that's rigged as necessary to ensure the outcome.

The only positive I see in this state is that they can't stop themselves from legislating our 2A away; eventually they'll legislate themselves into a corner.

I owe FP something.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:47 AM

There is a 23% chance that any judge picked will have served on Peruta. The % increases from there for every subsequent judge drawn. So, 6 out of 11 does not strike me as extreme. ( This all assumes I have done my math correctly)
Old 04-06-2017, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondi88 View Post
There is a 23% chance that any judge picked will have served on Peruta. The % increases from there for every subsequent judge drawn. So, 6 out of 11 does not strike me as extreme. ( This all assumes I have done my math correctly)
While that increases, the percentage chance of all those same judges being on the panel should be decreasing in inverse proportion. So the closer you get to the exact same panel (or even just the same group judges that overturned the previous ruling), the more improbable the odds of picking that exact group is.

If that pattern occurs more than once for gun related cases and does not recur with similar frequency than all other types of cases then there is likely something weird going on.

This is why there should be an investigation into why so many gun cases go en banc while cases of other natures/origins don't suffer the same re-hearing fate with similar frequency. There's more than enough possibility of collusion there to warrant greater scrutiny.
Old 04-07-2017, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal God View Post
So I just happened to come across the en-banc youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMEYEBXa-E0
and as I'm watching I realized something odd to me . It appears the "random" selection of judges for this case has 6 of the Peruta judges .

There are 29 active judges and 19 senior judges on the court . What's the odds you get 6 of the 11 random judges picked are the same as another gun rights case ? Does anyone have any stats that shows how many of the same "randomly" selected judges are on other gun rights cases . It just seemed odd to me that I recognized many of the judges .

I then would ask do we know how all those same judges voted in each of the other gun rights cases ?

Do I smell a conspiracy or am I over thinking this ?
Senior judges normally do not participate in en banc unless they were part of the original 3 judge panel.
Old 04-07-2017, 5:40 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Of course it's a conspiracy. Liberal, activist judges trying to forward the leftist agenda.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 04-07-2017, 6:52 AM

I wasn't saying there isn't a conspiracy. My point was between the two cases the number of judges being on both cases does not surprise me when considering the math of just those two cases. But as has been suggested, to advance a conspiracy theory, then if we look at the math we should be able to narrow down to which judges are on all of those cases. Then investigate why that particular judge(s) happens to be on all those cases. That would give proof to a conspiracy.