Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 AM

Default Glock USA and CA

With Glock starting to produce guns in the USA, California has added yet another nail to the coffin. From the CA DOJ website:

No Generation 4 Glock handguns have been approved as of: Monday, February 11, 2013

No Glock handguns made in the USA have been approved as of: Monday, February 11, 2013

The G4s were always not approved, but now we cannot get US-made G3s, either - unless we go SSE. That limits us to Austrian-made G3s, and shops here are saying that means NO NEW GLOCKS in CA.

Anyone here have more insight on this?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 AM

I like the gen 4, so I just do the SSE. I hope the whole roster goes away soon, it is just a tool California uses to ban perfectly good and SAFE handguns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 AM
short bus driver

It's CA DOJ being 5h17h34d5 and saying Glock USA is a different company than Glock.
So, any handguns made by Glock USA are from a different manufacturer.
Meaning they need to have chamber load indicators and magazine disconnect mechanisms.

Not sure why they are doing this, since they allowed Para-Ordnance (Canada) to switch over to ParaUSA (USA) without any problems with getting handguns on the Roster.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 02-11-2013 at 12:47 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 AM

May have to pick one up... Just to say I have a USA made glock in time
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM

When i bought my glock in CA it was a made in usa. Think they made an uh oh on that one. But I sold it already and the PPT went through no problem as well.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet View Post
It's CA DOJ being 5h17h34d5 and saying Glock USA is a different company than Glock.
Meaning they need to have chamber load indicators and magazine disconnect mechanisms.

Not sure why they are doing this, since they allowed Para-Ordnance (Canada) to switch over to ParaUSA (USA) without any problems with getting handguns on the Roster.
NAFTA, maybe?
Old 02-11-2013, 1:27 AM

Quote:

Maybe Glock will sue CA since they let another company make this change. That would be an interesting case to follow and bring attention to this stupid, non-sensical "Safe Handgun list" where LEO's agencies can purchase and use "Unsafe Handguns" but the general population cannot (unless you SSE, of course). Most people I talk to that aren't into this subject like we all are don't know this is going on.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum!
Old 02-11-2013, 3:18 AM

I have a hard time believing Glock will just allow the CA market to go away from their business. I'm sure they are working on something.
Old 02-11-2013, 7:24 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWDHD? View Post
Maybe Glock will sue CA since they let another company make this change. That would be an interesting case to follow and bring attention to this stupid, non-sensical "Safe Handgun list" where LEO's agencies can purchase and use "Unsafe Handguns" but the general population cannot (unless you SSE, of course). Most people I talk to that aren't into this subject like we all are don't know this is going on.
Nor do they care, sheeple.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachu2 View Post
With Glock starting to produce guns in the USA, California has added yet another nail to the coffin. From the CA DOJ website:

No Generation 4 Glock handguns have been approved as of: Monday, February 11, 2013

No Glock handguns made in the USA have been approved as of: Monday, February 11, 2013

The G4s were always not approved, but now we cannot get US-made G3s, either - unless we go SSE. That limits us to Austrian-made G3s, and shops here are saying that means NO NEW GLOCKS in CA.

Anyone here have more insight on this?
You are correct that Gen 4 Glocks are not approved; as Glock will not put the "California mandated" Loaded Chamber Indicator and Magazine Disconnect. You should see the SIG P229 that had this happen to it and the before and after pics buried somewhere here. The thing looks hideous.

It will be a very interesting day when Glock does this...or exits the California market but I don't see this happening. Why? As long as Glock pays the annual certification fee, they can continue to re-certify Gen 3s for sale in California.

For more reading, consult your local library or http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/The_Safe_Handgun_List
Old 02-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
[Hold_Breath]

Glock most-likely looks at Kalifornia as a Sh*t-bug... like the rest of us.

If y'all don't care enough to fix your Soviet legislature... why the Hell should we?
You come to a California site and CA-bash? Aren't you just the sweetest thing.

Here's the reality - gun owners are outnumbered in California by voters who either are anti-gun or unconcerned about them. Like most places, we have a set of broadcast and print media the never shows guns, gun owners, or gun use in a positive light. San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco are the anti-gun dogs that wag the rest of the state.

Some gun owners are certainly not helping. The classic is attempting to get gun owners to register to vote, and then vote, and get back 'I don't want to be on any list' as they walk away. In case anyone has not figured it out, Sacramento doesn't need 'lists' to come after your guns.

Those of us who care certainly care enough. It's that there is not enough of us.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Well, either CA DOJ just wants Glock to pay again to recertify the Gen3s and Glock just needs to do that ...

OR

CA DOJ is saying. Well, we're not letting the Gen3 Glocks that are now made in the US get on the roster because there is no Grandfathering of any product made by Glock USA, since no Glocks were ever sold pre-roster in CA, that are marked "Made in the USA".

Assuming that Glock did not move ALL of it's pistol production to the US, that should mean that the Austrian made Glock, gen 3 guns are still able to be on the roster. ie; CA will allow Austrian made Gen 3 Glocks to be sold, but no USA made Gen 3 Glocks to be sold.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Trigger Warning
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
HA, took me a second to get the 5h17h34d5 reference, hadn't seen that before.

Yes, CA is run by anti-gun jerks. I'd love to have a G4 glock, but crap I don't want to go through the BS.

Looks like its only going to get worse too.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Apparently going to a place that does exemptions is "a lot of BS"?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakk View Post
I have a hard time believing Glock will just allow the CA market to go away from their business. I'm sure they are working on something.
I read this last month, posted elsewhere by someone that may have knowledge:

"Thake this to the bank. Call it a press release.

ALL Glocks now have 7 digits. doesn't matter if they are made in the US or Austria. Glock ran out of 6 digits to use.

The Glock made in America are 100% copies of those made in Austria. Glock takes the same view Barretta does, location does not matter. CA-DOJ has requested samples of the US made guns. This is to make sure both are the same.

Glock assured both are identical. I took two apart today, ALL 33 parts are the same. Glock is shipping into CA and doesn't see a problem. People are DROS the US guns also."

Source: http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general...tml#post285357

Just sharing.
Old 02-11-2013, 1:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
You come to a California site and CA-bash? Aren't you just the sweetest thing.

Here's the reality - gun owners are outnumbered in California by voters who either are anti-gun or unconcerned about them. Like most places, we have a set of broadcast and print media the never shows guns, gun owners, or gun use in a positive light. San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco are the anti-gun dogs that wag the rest of the state.

Some gun owners are certainly not helping. The classic is attempting to get gun owners to register to vote, and then vote, and get back 'I don't want to be on any list' as they walk away. In case anyone has not figured it out, Sacramento doesn't need 'lists' to come after your guns.

Those of us who care certainly care enough. It's that there is not enough of us.

That guy is nothing but a troll, I've never seen a good post ever come from him.
Old 02-11-2013, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyc Wid It View Post
Apparently going to a place that does exemptions is "a lot of BS"?
If jumping through all the hoops that constitute single-shot exemptions to get around the utterly silly "safe handgun roster" isn't a lot of BS, I must be confused about the acronym...
Old 02-11-2013, 1:33 PM
Veteran Member

Which is easier? Going to a shop and buying the gun or appealing the roster? Denying yourself the gun you want "to avoid BS"? We're not talking about some rare wheelgun / squeeze cocker / P210 - it's a run of the mill Glock.
Old 02-11-2013, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyc Wid It View Post
Which is easier? Going to a shop and buying the gun or appealing the roster?
False dilemma... I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

I never suggested NOT doing a SSE if you really want the gun, I just said it's BS that we have to go through it.
Old 02-11-2013, 1:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalC View Post
If jumping through all the hoops that constitute single-shot exemptions to get around the utterly silly "safe handgun roster" isn't a lot of BS, I must be confused about the acronym...
The whole roster and the single shot exemption is all BS. I've done my fair share of SSE guns and they've taken literally a minute more than buying a roster gun.
Old 02-11-2013, 2:09 PM
Veteran Member

What does it matter? The CA Dem's want to confiscate all semi-auto's from us anyways!

Old 02-11-2013, 2:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Aren't all USA Glocks Gen 4 now?

If that's correct that's the reason. It's not because it's stamped USA.
Old 02-11-2013, 2:22 PM
Veteran Member

So my Glock 17 wasn't made in the USA? I bought in CA and it says it was made in the USA. I bought it brand new from an FFL, so it must be on the roster.

I know my Glock 19 is an import for sure (also bought in CA):
Old 02-11-2013, 2:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindynles View Post
I know my Glock 19 is an import for sure (also bought in CA):
Austrian proof marked G19! That's awesome. You know during the panic of '08 when Obama was elected Glock couldn't keep up with the demand and imported a bunch of proof marked G19's into the US. That's one of them. Very cool.

I see the USA made Glocks at all my local stores, so I assume they are legal to sell here. I think the OP is incorrect IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
Get a DILLON...
Old 02-11-2013, 2:33 PM

made in usa glocks will have "usa" engraved on the slide

Old 02-11-2013, 2:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Austrian proof marked G19! That's awesome. You know during the panic of '08 when Obama was elected Glock couldn't keep up with the demand and imported a bunch of proof marked G19's into the US. That's one of them. Very cool.

I see the USA made Glocks at all my local stores, so I assume they are legal to sell here. I think the OP is incorrect IMO.
Thanks. I bought in in Feb 2009. Imports are stamped on the bottom of the trigger guard. Glock frames have been made in the USA for several years now.

Old 02-11-2013, 5:42 PM

To those who think I'm wrong, check for yourselves. Go to http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ and check "Glock"....

This is a very recent development, as in this month.
Old 02-11-2013, 6:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teachu2 View Post
To those who think I'm wrong, check for yourselves. Go to http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/ and check "Glock"....

This is a very recent development, as in this month.

You sure are correct:

Showing all records matching Glock
The matching records list is sorted by Make
This list is valid for Monday, February 11, 2013

Old 02-11-2013, 6:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
You sure are correct:

Showing all records matching Glock
The matching records list is sorted by Make
This list is valid for Monday, February 11, 2013

I don't think the CA DOJ understands that Glock frames (the legal firearm) have been manufactured in the USA since 2007. The confusion may be around the US made slide and barrel (slide stamped USA / barrel stamped US). If you Glock has "GLOCK, INC., SMYRNA, GA" on the right side of the frame it was made in the USA (the slide and barrel were probably imported).

A more accurate statement for DOJ to make would be:

Quote:

No Glock handguns made 100% in the USA have been approved as of: Monday, February 11, 2013
Old 02-11-2013, 7:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I don't think the CA DOJ understands that Glock frames (the legal firearm) have been manufactured in the USA since 2007. The confusion may be around the US made slide and barrel (slide stamped USA / barrel stamped US). If you Glock has "GLOCK, INC., SMYRNA, GA" on the right side of the frame it was made in the USA (the slide and barrel were probably imported).

A more accurate statement for DOJ to make would be:

You're nitpicking the wrong people, tell the DOJ since it won't change anything here.
Old 02-11-2013, 7:13 PM
Calguns Addict

And if to correct your statement, "some" Glock 17 frames have been made here for a few years. Not all frames as your statement applies.
Old 02-11-2013, 7:18 PM

I bought a Glock 19 gen3 on Jan 8/2013 and it is Made in USA. Though the magazines made in Austrian
Old 02-11-2013, 7:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
And if to correct your statement, "some" Glock 17 frames have been made here for a few years. Not all frames as your statement applies.
If you frame says this it was made in the US (nearly every Glock I have seen in a gun store in the last couple of years) and is on the roster:

If it says this it wasn't (and is on the roster):

If it says this it MIGHT not be on the roster:

Last edited by cindynles; 02-11-2013 at 7:27 PM..
Old 02-11-2013, 7:23 PM

does anyone know where i can find a glock 17 cause everyone(gun stores) in the SF area told me glock might not be legal here now
Glock 17*Glock 21 SF*Ruger GP100 3inch SS*Stag Arms AR15*Ruger 10/22*Remington 870 Express Tactical*Remington Versamax*Remington 700 VTR*Springfield Armory Socom 16*Spikes Tactical AR15*LWRC M6IC SPR*Sig P226 scorpion Elite*Nighthawk GRP Recon*
Old 02-11-2013, 7:34 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonL87 View Post
does anyone know where i can find a glock 17 cause everyone(gun stores) in the SF area told me glock might not be legal here now
Try Private Firearms sales or WTB here in CG.. Might get lucky!!

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 02-11-2013, 7:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Just another case of California shipping jobs overseas via regulation. "Oh you want to buy something? Well it BETTER NOT be made here in America, buy Austrian because that will keep our children safe.."

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 02-11-2013, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Okay you're not proving anything repeating yourself about your old purchases, I work in a Gunshop and will go out of my way to look from now on. I've personally sold only one 100% USA made Glock which was also a G17. Both my made in 2012 Gen 4's are made in Austria meaning that not all frames/receivers are made in the USA like I said. I'm not sure why you thought all the frames have been made here lately, Glock's annual magazine is where I read about what frames were made here.
Old 02-11-2013, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Try Private Firearms sales or WTB here in CG.. Might get lucky!!
ya ive been looking and 3rd in line for a 17c lol
Glock 17*Glock 21 SF*Ruger GP100 3inch SS*Stag Arms AR15*Ruger 10/22*Remington 870 Express Tactical*Remington Versamax*Remington 700 VTR*Springfield Armory Socom 16*Spikes Tactical AR15*LWRC M6IC SPR*Sig P226 scorpion Elite*Nighthawk GRP Recon*
Old 02-11-2013, 7:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Okay you're not proving anything repeating yourself about your old purchases, I work in a Gunshop and will go out of my way to look from now on. I've personally sold only one 100% USA made Glock which was also a G17. Both my made in 2012 Gen 4's are made in Austria meaning that not all frames/receivers are made in the USA like I said. I'm not sure why you thought all the frames have been made here lately, Glock's annual magazine is where I read about what frames were made here.
I'm not saying they are all made here. I'm saying that US made Glocks are OK for sale in CA (on the roster).
Old 02-11-2013, 7:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I'm not saying they are all made here. I'm saying that US made Glocks are OK for sale in CA (on the roster).

Would you bet on that? I know that they were, but the doj obviously found a reason for them to not be approved per their list linked above. I don't think you're an authority that FFL's could trust over what is in writing as of this moment. The doj doesn't have our interest at heart and would rather make it even more difficult to obtain a gun that they don't want in civilian hands.