Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:10 PM

Default dual state residency victim of mortgage meltdown-how about his guns

I have seen Nevada/California dual residency threads in this site. A friend of mine in Los Angeles has a NV Seasonal resident ID and a CA Drivers License. He is giving up his house in North Vegas for financial reasons and will just keep his house in So. Cal. During his stay in NV he purchased handguns and rifles that are not in the CA DOJ approved list and kept it legally outside the borders of Kalifornia, Now his losing his house in NV and so is his Nevada ID.
Since he will be giving up his NV ID how can he import his hardwares to CA?

His situation is not unique in todays economy. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited by perc71; 11-10-2008 at 10:14 PM..
Old 11-11-2008, 6:40 AM
NRA Training Counselor
CGN Contributor

As long as he doesn't have anything that falls into the "assault weapon" category then he can just bring them in when he moves. He will have to register all handguns when he does this.

NRA Certified Instructor
Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor
Old 11-11-2008, 7:28 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762cavalier View Post
As long as he doesn't have anything that falls into the "assault weapon" category then he can just bring them in when he moves. He will have to register all handguns when he does this.
+1.

Verify by features and make/model that they are not considered AWs and they are good to go.
Old 11-11-2008, 8:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
+1.

Verify by features and make/model that they are not considered AWs and they are good to go.
If it does have AW features, make sure friend knows about bullet buttons etc...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileron
The hassle would be between this. (_._) and this (_0_).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
When Im wearing a miniskirt than yeah sure I use my foot to flush the urinals all the time!
Old 11-11-2008, 8:09 PM

Have your friend remember and repeat what Elmer Fudd always says when he's on the hunt...

"Be vewee vewee quiet...."

Read between the lines and remind him not to cause a problem for himself by voluntarily contacting the CA DOJ.

SB