Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 11-02-2008, 6:22 PM

Default Need help on a review! anyone shot a gun manufactured by Accu-tek?

I was looking the other day and I saw this gun (Accu-Tek AT380 II 380ACP )on sale for $220. I have never fired it before or never heard of them till that day. anyone have any experience with them? any reviews from fellow cal gunners would be great. its soo cheap that its tempting. Wonder if grips or extra mags are available? thanks guys

Last edited by kpinoy; 11-02-2008 at 8:14 PM..
Old 11-02-2008, 7:47 PM

Thumbs up

For the money they are good guns.I bought a well used HC-380 at a pawn shop years ago.It's the same as the gun you're looking at except it takes 13 round mags.It worked well for a while then it had problems feeding.It sent it back and they pretty much sent me a new gun.They stand behind there guns for life and fix them for free.I say buy it you can't go wrong.Only problem is .380 ammo is so expensive.Hope this helps. Mike
Old 11-02-2008, 8:14 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I bought one on Friday, will pick it up in 8 days. Since you're talking about Turner's ad, there were 14 of them in stock when I ordered, and they will be at the Turner's locations on Tuesday, I believe.

There're still deal on .380 ammo, and it's not like this gun is a shooter you put thousands of rounds through, anyway.

Haven't heard of Accu-tek before, but nobody seems to want to sell me a Ruger LCP, or a small Kel-tec, or a small Phoenix Arms gun on this forum, so Accu-tec would have to do
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 11-02-2008, 8:20 PM
Veteran Member

I was thinking about the same gun. Been wanting a Walther or a Sig but those are 2-3 times the price.

Try searching www.handgunreview.com
Old 11-02-2008, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
I bought one on Friday, will pick it up in 8 days. Since you're talking about Turner's ad, there were 14 of them in stock when I ordered, and they will be at the Turner's locations on Tuesday, I believe.

There're still deal on .380 ammo, and it's not like this gun is a shooter you put thousands of rounds through, anyway.

Haven't heard of Accu-tek before, but nobody seems to want to sell me a Ruger LCP, or a small Kel-tec, or a small Phoenix Arms gun on this forum, so Accu-tec would have to do
How much did it cost you out the door? ever shot it before? I wonder if they sell mags because I have a hard time finding it online. which turner did you go to? thanks
Old 11-02-2008, 8:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Since they have a promo running on free DROS, it was about $240 all told. As for the mags, check out Accu-tek's website, they sell for $18, I believe.

I got it from the Turner's in Pasadena.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 11-02-2008, 8:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oh, and just to clarify, it was 14 guns in Turner's warehouse, not in Pasadena Turner's. 14 for all of their stores around here.

Old 11-02-2008, 9:02 PM

oh ok. I am here in san diego. I want to see how it holds since I have a big hand. I was there today and they didnt have it on stock. so I shall try again
Old 11-02-2008, 9:08 PM

I was at a Turner's last Friday and handled one of them. It felt pretty heavy compared to the Walther and CZ. There's no de-cocker or slide lock/release lever (which means the slide does not lock back after the last round), but there is a safety lever. It's rather awkward to release the magazine as well since it has the European mag release on the bottom of the grip.

Overall, it seemed like a sturdy gun. I may check it out again tomorrow, especially since Turner's is taking care of the dros fees.
I've been looking for a beater 380 to replace my Bersa which was stolen awhile back.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
*Excerpts from "On Crimes and Punishment" by Cesare Beccaria

Last edited by RedDawn; 11-02-2008 at 9:39 PM..
Old 11-02-2008, 9:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have small hands, and for the price, I figured I could take this gamble. I gambled with a cheap gun once before, and it worked out.

Old 11-03-2008, 8:25 AM

yeah I will go look at it. it doesnt feel as bad as the hi-point guns I will probably buy it. if they have it on stock
Old 11-03-2008, 1:38 PM

I went and took a look at the AT380 again today. $240 OTD is pretty decent for a knock-about 380 handgun.

I was going to dros it, but then noticed the barrel was canted to the left quite considerably. I'm not sure whether it was just that particular piece which had the defect or if it may be a flaw in manufacturing which many of their AT380's will exhibit. I'm sure Accu-Tek would take care of it, but I'd rather not have to deal with such issues in a firearm.

When the rest of you pick up your AT380's do post range reports.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
*Excerpts from "On Crimes and Punishment" by Cesare Beccaria
Old 11-04-2008, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
I went and took a look at the AT380 again today. $240 OTD is pretty decent for a knock-about 380 handgun.

I was going to dros it, but then noticed the barrel was canted to the left quite considerably. I'm not sure whether it was just that particular piece which had the defect or if it may be a flaw in manufacturing which many of their AT380's will exhibit. I'm sure Accu-Tek would take care of it, but I'd rather not have to deal with such issues in a firearm.

When the rest of you pick up your AT380's do post range reports.
thanks for the heads up. I will make sure I will inspect it really good before I purchase it (If I decide to)
Old 01-19-2010, 2:28 PM

Default Accu tek 380 review

I wish I was here when the first inquiry came in about this pistol. I can say that I am an unfortunate owner of one of these pieces of junk.
Long story short, the trigger gaurd is held in place by an undersized 6/32 cap screw. I cannot fire mine without it breaking. In addition, the last round in the magazine is always jamming in the chamber. I sent the pistol in for repair. (Although it has a "lifetime" repair, you are charged $20 for them to look at it).After a month I called and left messages 3 times asking about its repair/return status. I was never given the courtesy of a return call. After 3 months I sent them a certified letter stating I will report them to the fair trade commission if the pistol isnt returned forthwith. It was returned 10 days later...... NOT repaired of course.
Saddest thing about this pistol is that on its boxes cover they have "Made in America" printed on it... This is a disgrace.
Pistol has other problems, like pinching your finger between the trigger and gaurd but I think the aforementioned says it all..
Old 01-19-2010, 6:56 PM

Default Acu-Tek

I have fired about 250 rds through 2 different models. The company was making them in Chino, Calif. I have been through the plant and watched them made. For the price you can't go wrong. They are not PPK's but work fine.
Tried HP's. The WWB went through fine and the silver tips functioned all 50 rds.

They do stand behind their guns. The owner backs up his product. They also have a rifle they put out.

My 2 cents