Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:13 AM

Default Old Web Site Resurrected.........

I don't know if any of you have heard of the web site Southwestfirearms.com? The owner of the site has been running a couple of other sites and let this one go and did not maintain anything or update stuff. But now the site has been updated with new software and has been resurrected.
Here is the owner of the site describing what happened.

Ok, so we never really went anywhere, but it's no secret that this community hasn't been actively maintained for quite some time. Between our other community, Northwest Firearms, and developing this new version of the website we were simply swamped. I have to thank everyone for the motivation boost due to your encouraging emails and inquires as to the status of this site. My intent is to grow this into a community every bit as large and successful as Northwest Firearms (we have nearly 40,000 members there) for gun owners of Arizona, Nevada, and Utah.

Now that we have the software squared away we're moving onto the next task: task of spreading the word and growing this community. I'd greatly appreciate your help in this, as I can't do it myself. Word of mouth is best, but I'm positive there are other methods out there as well. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or ways you can help us spread the word please let me know. Those of you who know me from NWFA know that I run things in a fair and professional manner. Folks tired of standard forum drama will find a natural home here

As always, my door is open. If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, etc please don't hesitate to let me know.

Cheers,
Joe Link

Mod's, I hope I did not step on any toes here. All I am trying to do is spread the word and widen the gun community more than it is. Calguns.net is a great site and I enjoy it a lot. If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize and please move it to the correct forum. Thanx, everybody

Last edited by Myles100; 03-11-2017 at 8:02 AM..
Old 03-10-2017, 1:52 PM
Free You Know Who
CGN Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Should not be a problem passing the word.
We do it often.

You should consider posting this in General Gun Discussions to widen the audience.
Old 03-14-2017, 9:04 AM

Checked it out, very few posts but Ill sign up for it. Lets get this ball rolling.
Old 03-14-2017, 3:56 PM

Signed up, but, not enough privileges to post or intro myself. How do I go about that!?
Old 03-14-2017, 5:11 PM

Never mind. Got it. Doh!!
Old 03-15-2017, 2:18 PM
Free You Know Who
CGN Contributor

OP:

Just joined in and said hello.

Thanks again for the info.