Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 4:59 AM

Default PROP 63 Declared to be racist - Spread the word!

Okay folks, we have 17 days to stop Prop 63 from passing. We need to fire up a grassroots campaign against it, since Newsome & Co. have outspent us 7:1 in his propaganda campaign. Current polls show 62% in favor of it, and much of that I'm sure is out of ignorance of the ramifications.

An important point many people have overlooked is that the $50 annual ammo purchase license will disproportionately affect lower income Californians. As we see cited in so many other public issues, this means it disproportionately affects minority communities. A lower income person wanting to purchase 1 or 2 boxes of ammo per year for practice is unlikely to be able to afford the $50 fee. This essentially bars them from being able to legally own ammunition. So, people will tend to share ammo, which makes them in violation of the law, subject to fines and arrest. Get it?

We need fliers distributed / posters put up everywhere especially around minority communities to turn the tide. A simple flier/poster could say VOTE NO ON RACIST PROP 63. Small print at the bottom could explain that it financially bars low income Californians from defending themselves.

This is how PR works. People don't need to understand all the details. They just need to get an impression before they hit the voting boths.

Go for it folks! Take a few hours with a copy machine and staple gun. Or spray paint can as appropriate!
DISCLAIMER: In no way am I advocating breaking the law in posting signs where it is not legal.
Old 11-15-2016, 9:12 AM

Well, I tried, but I guess nobody else did because nobody commented on my OP above. Well here it is folks...right off the Placer County website regarding implementation of Prop 64. Jeez guys, get with it and fight fire with fire!:

"Following months of extensive public engagement, the board in June directed county staff to develop an ordinance that would limit cultivation to indoors. But board members today expressed concerns about the unintended consequences of forcing all cultivation indoors, as well as the prohibitive cost of indoor cultivation for some lower-income patients."
Old 11-15-2016, 10:33 AM

I wish I had seen this before today. You're right I think this was a great idea. To beat a liberal, you have to fight like a liberal. Forget commonsense and run with it.
Closed Thread