Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 09-20-2008, 9:16 AM

Default M&A Parts, Inc

Anybody heard of or done business with M&A Parts Inc. They offer a 16 mid-length A4 chrome lined upper for $365. Not sure who barrel and parts they use. Or how long of wait to get one either??? They don't reply to their e-mails.
Old 09-20-2008, 9:56 AM
Banned

My suggestion? Any vendor/dealer/manufacturer that doesn't reply to potential customers and doesn't treat them well shouldn't get your business. The "we get hundreds of emails" attitude is not defensible. The customer's time is valuable too. Find someone who understands customer service. I'm not familiar with their products but doesn't sound like a company I'd like to deal with.
Old 09-20-2008, 9:59 AM
Veteran Member

I was looking at MA a while back & the price is good but it doesn't include a bolt/carrier assy which is another $100 = $465. You can get an upper from a more reputable company for under $500 with the bolt/carrier installed & chrome lined as well. Look up at the advertised vendors on this site. There you'll find more options. I have never personally run MA stuff but they are not thought of very highly on this forum in general. But who knows, you may get a decent piece.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
In Memoriam

Too risky. Stick with a name brand (they probably made the upper this guys is selling anyway)
Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Many years ago, I read a bad review of M&A on AR15.com. Despite their attractive prices, I've opted to stay away all these years. I do not know if they have improved, but it sounds like their customer service is lacking. I'd take that as a clue and stay away.

Turby
Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
In Memoriam

That's the key; If they don't get back to you right away, they don't CARE if you buy anything from them, ergo, they won't care if you have a problem.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Rifle Gear sells CMMG uppers for $499.00. I would spend the extra $40 with him and know that you are going to get customer service and a name brand.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
Old 09-20-2008, 10:40 AM

I have CMMG lower,flat top M4 style upper,all parts were with a M&A parts kit.I was a little sceptical at first ,but the kit came in less than a week ,and visually it looked well made,and I had no mechanical problems unless i used Ammo Bros. reloads .I've put about 2000 rounds through it ,so far so good.

It shoots well,and cycles well . I'm happy with the purchase ,but if i was to build again which I will ,and since I may not be in such a hurry next time .You know what I mean its on a shelf in your safe calling your name ,and saying things like put me together .I am going with DPMS ,CMMG or some one like these on my next build since I will not be in such a hurry,and then I can save the extra cash for the above said uppers

On that build I had less than $900 in it .

CMMG lower.
M&A M4 flat top with target crown.
M&A lower parts kit.
YHM flip up rear sight.
Urgo grip.
Tactical charging handel.forget brandname ,but its nice.
6 position M4 stock.
all green furniture.

like I said I'm happy with the build,it shoots good enough for me.
My friends like it aswell.

Good luck on your build, and have fun.

Last edited by Dragon; 09-20-2008 at 10:45 AM..
Old 09-20-2008, 10:49 AM

I bought the 20" varmint upper kit from them, came in a timely manner, shoots great. They told me it was a DPMS upper. Three friends have ordered the parts kits, and everything came fast, and works great, no complaints. Ask them when u order which company manufactured the parts and they should tell u, they told me. They say they only use DPMS for varmint stuff, and LMT, DPMS for the others, unsure because it doesnt have a name on the stuff. Really i dont care, just want the good performance.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:59 AM

My M&A 24" bull barrel upper is extremely accurate. I've had it for many years and I would buy from them again. I think their prices are reasonable and they offer a decent product.

F.A.S. Out
Cold War Vet (U.S. Army Infantry: 1984-1988); GWOT & Iraqi War Vet (CAANG 2002-2008 - Infantry; OIF III)
NRA Member

http://www.milprom.com/American/Combat-infantry-badge-1-small.jpg
Old 09-20-2008, 3:32 PM

They are not good for hand holding! I ordered two uppers from their web site and came very fast without any problem. I think they use mostly DPMS components.
Try model1sales.com. They are better and at similar prices.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike452 View Post
They are not good for hand holding! I ordered two uppers from their web site and came very fast without any problem. I think they use mostly DPMS components.
Try model1sales.com. They are better and at similar prices.

Before you use model1sales.com, I would do a search on here about them first.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
Old 09-21-2008, 9:41 AM

Funny, I have a brand new model 1 and an M&A upper. Both wrapped in paper. I thought thier quality was just fine. In fact, I made note that the M&A 16" looked like an exact copy of my DPMS upper same barrel marking for HBAR and all. I have a buddy who got the M&A upper and ran an out of the box test with his M&A and CMMG 16s... same ammo, plain old WWB 55gr.

The results, they grouped nearly identically at 50 yds with the irons ( shot from same lower). The CMMG may have done A TINY BIT better.

I personally would put too much stock in the whole brand thing unless you are planning to spend the big $$ that follows for all the accessories and upgrades that would actually make it matter. If you are doing the plain old Eotech with BUIS set up... they'll all be just fine. I do agree with the service issue. That would be a big consideration. But the quality??? Just fine.

-my 1.5 cents
Old 09-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member

if you are not set in stone as far as barrel length, look at this 20 inch bull barrel kit from J&T, I got it and its a beast and a definate tack driver when I do my part

http://jtdistributing.net/store/more_k_bbk.html

5 S&W M&P9 10 Round Magazines, Mag Limiters fro Glock 17, Sig 2022 9mm, M&P9
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1232751