Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 09-19-2008, 5:47 PM

Default Recommend an OWB and IWB holster for my wife

Like the title says I'm looking for holsters that are a good fit for women. I'm interested in outside the waistband (for training classes) and inside the waistband (for around our home, no CCW). My wifes' gun is S&W M&P9. Suggestions, experiences? Thanks.
Old 09-20-2008, 2:31 PM
Veteran Member

Check out Galco. Another place to check out is: http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm I have one of their holsters and will be getting more. They will customize a holster about any way you want and for reasonable prices. For outside the waistband, I love my Serpa holsters from Blackhawk. I hope this helps.
NFA is a long ways off as well it should be. Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...-Gene
Old 09-20-2008, 2:37 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

IWB - unless she already has loose fitting pants IWB may require her to buy larger pants to wear comfortably.

OWB - look for "dropped and offset" models, depending on body type. Bladetech makes one.
Old 09-20-2008, 8:15 PM

IWB - TT Gunleather. I have one for my XD and my Kimber Ultra CDP, absolutley awesome.

"I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey
Old 09-21-2008, 2:15 AM
Banned

My usual recommendation goes to Simply Rugged. He can custom make anything. One female member on this forum ordered from him, though I haven't heard from her on how she likes it. I love all 4 of mine and I am adding another one for the MK II pretty soon.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM

I ordered a P6 holster from Simply Rugged, but still haven't gotten it, so I can't report.
I have a dropped offset Blade-Tech holster for my CZ SP-01, and I like it a lot; concealing a dropped and offset holster, however, is usually a no-go.

Check out Kathy Jackson's web site for female-bodied holster suggestions. www.corneredcat.com

What works on a male body often won't work on a female body--I find, for example, that I'm too short-waisted (as are many women) to wear any gun in a high-ride holster, be it IWB or on the waist. I end up with a gun in my armpit!

Last edited by Nemo; 09-23-2008 at 10:21 AM..
Old 09-22-2008, 8:41 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I have an IWB from TTGunleather and it's great. I haven't been able ot test it much other than using it to journey around private property, but it sure feels nice.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM

Update: I received my Simply Rugged pancake holster (with removable IWB straps) for the Sig P6 last week. It's a great piece of work, and carries the P6 very well, either on my belt or tucked into my waistband; he made mine with a slightly lower rise to fit my body.
Very nice craftsmanship, and I'd recommend Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged's work to anyone. Pics to come when I can get them taken.
Old 10-07-2008, 7:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
Update: I received my Simply Rugged pancake holster (with removable IWB straps) for the Sig P6 last week. It's a great piece of work, and carries the P6 very well, either on my belt or tucked into my waistband; he made mine with a slightly lower rise to fit my body.
Very nice craftsmanship, and I'd recommend Rob Leahy of Simply Rugged's work to anyone. Pics to come when I can get them taken.
YAY! I've been waiting for this day!