Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-2008, 9:42 PM
eazyle eazyle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 82
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Fight with CHP

Update - Saturday, 5:10 a.m.

San Bernardino, CA - Twenty-seven year old Michael Stewart Green from Crestline has been released from the West Valley Detention Center where he was booked Thursday following an alleged fight with a CHP officer alongside a San Bernardino freeway.


Green was released at 11:56 p.m. Friday night.



Original Story - Friday 8:20 a.m.

San Bernardino, CA – A Crestline man identified as 27-year-old Michael Stewart Green is in custody today following an alleged altercation with a California Highway Patrol officer on the shoulder of Interstate 210 in San Bernardino.


The California Highway Patrol reports the following chain of events that apparently led to the fisticuffs between Green and the unnamed CHP officer.



Scanner reports indicated that shortly before 10:30 a.m. a gray 2008 Toyota Camry registered in Pacifica was clocked at over 100 miles per hour on I-210 near Muscupiabe Drive. The pursuing officer made a traffic stop near the Interstate 215 interchange and ordered Green out of the vehicle.


CHP records show the officer found a Glock handgun in Green's waistband and at least two hunting knives on his belt. The gun and knives were placed in the vehicle and while the officer was continuing to search Green the Crestline resident apparently began resisting arrest.


Numerous motorists on I-210 called 911 to report the incident and that the two men were throwing punches while Green had one handcuff on and the officer was attempting to cuff the other hand.


Several motorists also stopped to see if they could assist the officer including retired CHP officer Ray Reynolds who drew his gun on Green and the fight came to a halt.


The CHP officer sustained some minor injuries to his hands during the altercation.


During the subsequent investigation that closed the slow lane for a short period, officers allegedly found a TEC-9 assault weapon tucked under the driver's seat along with ammunition. One of the guns was registered to Green and one wasn't but scanner reports did not reveal which weapon belonged to Green.


Once Green was taken into custody he was transported to West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga and booked at 4:20 p.m. and held on $25,000 bail on weapons charges and resisting arrest.

http://rimoftheworld.net/columns/gthouts/fisticuffs
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-18-2008, 9:47 PM
Saigon1965's Avatar
Saigon1965 Saigon1965 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hayward
Posts: 17,064
iTrader: 125 / 100%
Default

Oh, this is going to be interesting -
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-2008, 9:48 PM
WokMaster1's Avatar
WokMaster1 WokMaster1 is offline
Part time Emperor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,440
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

was that you OP?
__________________
"Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2008, 9:53 PM
USN CHIEF's Avatar
USN CHIEF USN CHIEF is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego County, Mexifornia
Posts: 11,549
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

eazyle, glad to hear that you did not get shot, why did you fight the cops?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerman View Post
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:00 PM
leitung's Avatar
leitung leitung is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,913
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyle View Post
During the subsequent investigation that closed the slow lane for a short period, officers allegedly found a TEC-9 assault weapon tucked under the driver's seat along with ammunition. One of the guns was registered to Green and one wasn't but scanner reports did not reveal which weapon belonged to Green.
Anyone wanna bet the Glock was registered? The tec-9 was probably bought on the street?

I like how it's made to seem that the Tec-9 is so evil, but the glock isn't, even though they function the same..
__________________
Former "Subject" of the People's Republic of California in "exile" in Washington State.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 PM
savageevo's Avatar
savageevo savageevo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Damn its hot here!!!
Posts: 1,233
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

What a idiot, That guy was just asking to be stopped doing 100 mph.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 PM
icormba's Avatar
icormba icormba is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,819
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageevo View Post
What a idiot, That guy was just asking to be stopped doing 100 mph.
Maybe he was late for a gang hit?
__________________
Chris
http://www.m1garand.net
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Mssr. Eleganté's Avatar
Mssr. Eleganté Mssr. Eleganté is offline
Blue Blaze Irregular
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 10,366
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN CHIEF View Post
...why did you fight the cops?
Maybe he tried to record the traffic stop on his cell phone cam and the Chippy was all, "No you di'n't."
__________________
__________________

"Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 PM
BlackReef's Avatar
BlackReef BlackReef is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,597
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

...

Last edited by BlackReef; 09-18-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
tyrist tyrist is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,556
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Umm the driving at 100 miles an hour.....I am thinking he was intending on possibly ambushing an Officer. Attract them by speeding and then have a shoot out.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Doheny's Avatar
Doheny Doheny is offline
CalGuns Truth Squad
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 13,722
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageevo View Post
What a idiot, That guy was just asking to be stopped doing 100 mph.
Yeah he shoulda stayed under the radar (literally.)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 PM
what2be what2be is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Eureka
Posts: 598
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
Umm the driving at 100 miles an hour.....I am thinking he was intending on possibly ambushing an Officer. Attract them by speeding and then have a shoot out.
Are you serious? thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. Why the hell would he wait until one cuff was on to decide it was the time to ambush? Also, if you were ambushing, wouldnt it be prudent to get the guns out BEFORE you were getting arrested?

WOULDNT YOU AMBUSH THE MINUTE YOU GOT PULLED OVER AND THE OFFICER WAS APPROACHING?

HELLO?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 PM
eazyle eazyle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 82
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USN CHIEF View Post
eazyle, glad to hear that you did not get shot, why did you fight the cops?
#2 was calling and there was no public toilets for miles Hence the speeding, and once the officer started to pat me down it didn't help
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Uqbar
Posts: 2,984
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyle View Post
#2 was calling and there was no public toilets for miles Hence the speeding, and once the officer started to pat me down it didn't help
Are you for real? If the charges are still pending, it is in your best interest to shut up yesterday and talk to an attorney. And under no circumstances should you answer in the affirmative on a public forum when someone asks if you "fought the cops."
__________________
Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
tyrist tyrist is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,556
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by what2be View Post
Are you serious? thats the dumbest thing I ever heard. Why the hell would he wait until one cuff was on to decide it was the time to ambush? Also, if you were ambushing, wouldnt it be prudent to get the guns out BEFORE you were getting arrested?

WOULDNT YOU AMBUSH THE MINUTE YOU GOT PULLED OVER AND THE OFFICER WAS APPROACHING?

HELLO?
Just like the guy that was already handcuffed before drawing out his weapon and firing it while handcuffed. He hit the Officer and the Officer went down...he then walked up on the Officer and put the gun to the Officers head but fortunately the gun was dry...the two responding Officers then took out the suspect. So yes...they would wait till they are being handcuffed.

Guess real life shows it's not so dumb.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Turbinator's Avatar
Turbinator Turbinator is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11,262
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I think he is joking.

Turby
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:43 PM
eazyle eazyle is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 82
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Are you for real? If the charges are still pending, it is in your best interest to shut up yesterday and talk to an attorney. And under no circumstances should you answer in the affirmative on a public forum when someone asks if you "fought the cops."
I was being sarcastic! For the record, this was not me!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Uqbar
Posts: 2,984
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyle View Post
I was being sarcastic! For the record, this was not me!
Just checking
__________________
Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:45 PM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 9,596
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Are you for real? If the charges are still pending, it is in your best interest to shut up yesterday and talk to an attorney. And under no circumstances should you answer in the affirmative on a public forum when someone asks if you "fought the cops."
Actually, I was the one who was stopped. At first I thought it was the NObama bumper sticker or the "Dare to Keep Cops off DoNuts" window decal, but it could also have been the 100-mph-thing. I just don't know.

I'm thinking of representing myself, what say you??

-hanko

ETA...If you look closely at eazyle's post, the and the mean he's just joking. An unfortuneate waste of good sarcasm, but you bit hard
__________________
"Tactical" is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf


Originally Posted By System Message:
Why can't you guys participate in a simple discussion about some guy's mom making a porno without violating the COC? This is why we can't have nice things.



“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 PM
dadoody's Avatar
dadoody dadoody is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,689
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Booked!

__________________
(╯°O°)╯FUS RO DAH! ==== ┻━┻
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Uqbar
Posts: 2,984
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
I'm thinking of representing myself, what say you??

-hanko

ETA...If you look closely at eazyle's post, the and the mean he's just joking. An unfortuneate waste of good sarcasm, but you bit hard
There's an old saying about the quality of self-represented legal counsel

But looking closely means I have to stop scanning a dozen tabs in three windows over two browsers like a hamster on crack and actually pay attention
__________________
Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-18-2008, 10:53 PM
tyrist tyrist is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,556
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Actually, I was the one who was stopped. At first I thought it was the NObama bumper sticker or the "Dare to Keep Cops off DoNuts" window decal, but it could also have been the 100-mph-thing. I just don't know.

I'm thinking of representing myself, what say you??

-hanko

ETA...If you look closely at eazyle's post, the and the mean he's just joking. An unfortuneate waste of good sarcasm, but you bit hard
Pro Per is awsome...there is one guy who everytime we arrest him we do this.....it's so funny to watch....Right up until the judge gets super pissed off and throws him back into lockup.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Gnome's Avatar
Gnome Gnome is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,693
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyle View Post
CHP records show the officer found a Glock handgun in Green's waistband and at least two hunting knives on his belt. The gun and knives were placed in the vehicle and while the officer was continuing to search Green the Crestline resident apparently began resisting arrest.


Numerous motorists on I-210 called 911 to report the incident and that the two men were throwing punches while Green had one handcuff on and the officer was attempting to cuff the other hand.


Several motorists also stopped to see if they could assist the officer including retired CHP officer Ray Reynolds who drew his gun on Green and the fight came to a halt.
http://rimoftheworld.net/columns/gthouts/fisticuffs
This idiot is lucky he is still breathing. The officer was well within his rights to draw his weapon and shoot this scumbag. CHP is something else. A kinder, gentler Dept.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Pluribus Unum View Post
During Y2K my neighbor and I were talking and he said he had a basement full of water and canned food. He asked if I had stocked up and I said that I had. I told him I bought a 12 guage shotgun, a .308 rifle and several bricks of .22 ammo.

He is an anti-gun guy and he said. "Well, you can't eat ammunition". I replied with "When I'm starving to death with a case of ammunition, who's door do you think I am going to knock on?"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-19-2008, 2:52 AM
Big-Kr3w's Avatar
Big-Kr3w Big-Kr3w is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Riverside County
Posts: 489
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

typical Obama supporters...........
__________________
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of excercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate excercise to the body, it gives independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are to violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson to Peter Carr, 1785.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-19-2008, 9:25 AM
Darklyte27's Avatar
Darklyte27 Darklyte27 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Bay Area USI Range
Posts: 9,367
iTrader: 59 / 100%
Default

why was the guy released?...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-19-2008, 9:31 AM
USN CHIEF's Avatar
USN CHIEF USN CHIEF is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego County, Mexifornia
Posts: 11,549
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
why was the guy released?...
Maybe because he was an Obama Supporter
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerman View Post
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Greg-Dawg Greg-Dawg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where I have no use for a bullet button.
Posts: 7,796
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Another day at the CHP office.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-19-2008, 11:09 AM
BillCA's Avatar
BillCA BillCA is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 3,832
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklyte27 View Post
why was the guy released?...
Because he made bail? Just a guess.

Driving 100+ mph - not too bright
Concealed weapon - not too bright (under the seat)
Gun in waistband - not bright at all
Gun plus knives - Trying to prove he's a bad azz?
Fighting with cop - after the above, FAIL!

Even money he skips bail.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:34 PM
gun toting monkeyboy's Avatar
gun toting monkeyboy gun toting monkeyboy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego (more or less)
Posts: 6,598
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

No, that can't be. Somebody released on bail would never disappear... They promised to be there. They even paid money. They just gotta show up...

-Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCA View Post
Because he made bail? Just a guess.

Driving 100+ mph - not too bright
Concealed weapon - not too bright (under the seat)
Gun in waistband - not bright at all
Gun plus knives - Trying to prove he's a bad azz?
Fighting with cop - after the above, FAIL!

Even money he skips bail.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-19-2008, 9:08 PM
tyrist tyrist is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,556
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Everyone is allowed reasonable bail....I do believe it's even in the constitution.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-19-2008, 9:11 PM
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Uqbar
Posts: 2,984
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
Everyone is allowed reasonable bail....I do believe it's even in the constitution.
Unfortunately, they forgot define what constitutes "excessive"
__________________
Freedom does not die alone -- Camus, Homage to an Exile

People generally quarrel because they cannot argue -- G.K. Chesterton

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties -- James Madison
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:25 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.