Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member

Default The Gun Room in Elk Grove... anti OLL

I went there today, and brought my AR 9mm and was told that they weren't allowing AR series, and AK series rifles anymore.
I have been there once before(recently), and when checking my guns, they asked if I had reg. papers for my AW. I responded that it wasn't an AW... so on, and so forth(recited penal codes and Ca. laws regarding listed/unlisted guns). An older(and wiser) RO heard me say that it was a fixed 10rd mag. He stepped in and gave me the go-ahead.
Today, the same thing happens... I explain, take out my cheat sheet, etc. I am told that because this type of rifle is banned by series (I know, I know. I tried to explain the laws, but he wasn't having it) that I will be allowed to shoot this one last time... then NO MORE. I was tempted to stand there and debate with the guy(and did for about 2 minutes), but I could see it in his eyes. It wasn't sinking in.
Some people, just don't get it. They cannot read and understand the laws for themselves. They rely on what the DOJ feeds them. I know that most will say, "just go somewhere else" and I will. Looks like it's Manteca Sportsman from now on. I just hate it that people can be so unreasonable, when presented with (current) laws and facts. I will, however, print up some literature and bring it down to The Gun Room. It may not do any good, but I have to at least try.

I know that I probably won't change their minds, but I refuse to just roll over on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
And yes, this IS gun school.
Welcome to class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsmchs View Post
There is life outside of Calguns
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPirate View Post
stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 2:13 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

I agree. They are an odd group there. I showed up with a pistol-caliber black rifle, and they flipped out on me. At a different time, I showed up wearing my California DOJ hat (I interned there in college), and I couldn't believe how backwards they bent over for me. Tried to push me to the top of the waiting list, implied that there wouldn't be a range rental fee, chatted me up all sweetly, etc.

Nice store and range, but the staff are strange ducks. I really don't get the feeling that they are pro-shooter...which is damn odd.

Last edited by Gryff; 09-03-2008 at 1:33 AM..
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 AM

Go to Sac Valley, they are very cool. Every time I go I see lots of people shooting AR builds and AK's etc., it's kind of far but it's a very nice range and no one hassles you.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Veteran Member

Is'nt this the home of the infamous $36 PPT as well?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Veteran Member

The gun room is sort of like the sheeple of kalifornia. They only will believe what others like Doj tells them even though what they've been told was just a lie. The owner/people that work there is just the type that'll just "Give In" on the fight or chicken out of their 2A rights when challenged by an upper authority. That said they don't have my business anymore and all my friends/relatives.

10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>
Old 09-03-2008, 7:00 AM

F um and take your buisness elsewhere. I went there ONE time and that was a complete waste of gas! There is life elsewhere other then the Gun Room.......
Old 09-03-2008, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonclip View Post
Is'nt this the home of the infamous $36 PPT as well?
Yup...Still charging it even though it's a clear violation of the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I am getting old and my bull***** tolerance is rapidly diminishing.
Old 09-03-2008, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

Thumbs down

and they have stoped stocking the 1000 count 38 special bullet cases.

now i need to find another source that sells bulk lots.

Old 09-04-2008, 9:21 PM

Yeah, they suck. My father and I used to go every weekend and drop at least $100 at this place. Not anymore, I've persuaded at least 50 regulars of that place to stop supporting them. I am probably an A** for it, but hey, there going to have to learn.
Old 09-05-2008, 8:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanguy46 View Post
F um and take your buisness elsewhere. I went there ONE time and that was a complete waste of gas! There is life elsewhere other then the Gun Room.......
Just vote with your dollar.

These guys have a policy in effect. They don't want black rifles there. If they won't take your dollar, that is their problem. You can't be mad at an employee enforces his boss's wishes. If he didn't tell you no, he wouldn't have a job.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:56 PM

Default The Gun Room

I'm with you guys. It's been a few years since I've been in that place and I will never step in there again. I had a really bad experience purchasing a handgun from them. I just end up taking a nice drive up to Colfax. All though it can get a bit busy on the weekends.