Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 12-29-2015, 5:21 PM

Default 12-29-15 SoCal Skeet Clinic Review

As one would expect, it was a picture perfect day in SoCal, a beautiful day to break some clays at Triple b's.
Todays class had 6 shooters, an even mix of veteran and new attendees.
As usual, the day started with gun fit and proper mounting instruction for the new shooters. When that was completed it was off to station 1.
The veteran shooters leading the way to show the new guys how it should be done. As we moved from station you could see the new shooters getting better and better...everyone was breaking clays.
After a short break we shot a round...I must say I was impressed how quickly the new shootrs picked it up.
All-in-all, it was a very good day. The coaching you get from Don and Richard is top notch...These guys know what they are doing!

If you want to learn how to shoot a shotgun properly, or just brush up on your skills, this is the place to go.

Thank you Don and Richard ror giving your time to teach us how to do this properly!!!

PS: Richard, enjoy those AA hulls

My page...Give me some feedback.
Old 12-29-2015, 5:54 PM

this was my first attempt ever at shooting clays and i'm sure it showed. the instruction you get at this clinic is top notch! don and richard worked with every student in the class. i will be back for more instruction and will read and reread don's book. i highly recommend anyone interested in really learning to shoot a shotgun to come to this clinic! thanks again to all!
Old 12-29-2015, 6:46 PM

I was one of the new guys, even though I had been to one of the classes about 6 months ago. You can forget a lot in 6 months! My biggest problem back then was my stance and body motion; this time it was the mental game of keeping my focus on the clay instead of the barrel - but with Don and Richard's expert coaching I made vast improvements during the day.

This is such a great way to spend a half a day - always good people, a relaxed class that doesn't make you feel stupid but still provides solid, correct training. Don and Richard are a great coaching team, and it would still be a bargain at twice the price.
Old 12-29-2015, 6:55 PM
Veteran Member

It was a great day for shooting. I had a doctor's appointment today. But I plan on joining you all in the future.

Happy Holidays
Old 12-30-2015, 7:44 AM

Another great day of shooting - the chance to shoot a full round with the coaches was great.

I'm always pleased the the fellow attendees are as great as the coaches - it really is a fun way to spend a half day, and totally worth it every time.
Old 12-30-2015, 7:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che762x39 View Post
It was a great day for shooting. I had a doctor's appointment today. But I plan on joining you all in the future.

Happy Holidays
I know right? Here I am out of town, stuck in 17 degree weather. Would have rather been at the clinic.

MidLife - "Just look at the bird. And swing smoothly to the shot. "

CaptainDick - " Faster! Faster! Faster! Don't think!
Old 12-30-2015, 8:29 PM
Veteran Member

Where in the country is it 17F? Alaska?
Old 12-30-2015, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatGuy View Post
Where in the country is it 17F? Alaska?
Pretty close. Night time and mornings in Prescott, Arizona.

MidLife - "Just look at the bird. And swing smoothly to the shot. "

CaptainDick - " Faster! Faster! Faster! Don't think!
Old 01-04-2016, 8:56 AM

Just attended the Jan 3rd clinic. This was my second clinic, and boy I learned a lot more this time around. My issues are stance and leading the target. Every time I went up there, my first shot was a miss. Once Don and Richard got me to adjust my stance I was able to hit the majority of the targets. Great time, and I plan to hone my skills more at the next clinic.