Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 AM

Default FN FAL 10 Round Mags ??

I ordered two DSA 10 round magazines from DSA directly for my metric FAL but they are back ordered with no scheduled delivery date. Midway is out too.

Anyone know of a source for a couple of metric FAL 10 round magazines for use in CA legal guns?

And I know about Entreprise Arms 10/20 round magazines (20 round box limited to 10 rounds) and they are a last fall back if I can't find the DSA 10 rounders.

LDBennett
Old 07-12-2008, 9:36 PM

My DSA 10 rounder sucks, I can't load more than 9 rounds without it jamming. I really need to replace it with a 10/20. I've heard this is supposed to be common.

I would skip them and get a 10/20.
Old 07-12-2008, 9:37 PM

I have one from Entreprise Arms and it works great. They are pricey but at least they work.
Old 07-14-2008, 1:20 PM

Thanks, guys, for the info. I cancelled the Back Order on the DSA 10 rounder mags and went back to Entreprise Arms and ordered another 20/10 CA legal magazine today. I did not know the DSA 10 rounders were problematical. With two 20/10 mags I should be fine now.

Thanks.
LDBennett
Old 07-14-2008, 1:45 PM

I must have gotten the last ones from DSA; placed the order and got them in about a week. All three mags had to be futzed with to get them to seat/eject from the magwell easily.

I'll be checking out the Enterprise stuff shortly ...
Old 07-15-2008, 4:18 AM

heycory:

The Entreprise Arms 20/10 mag that came with my new EA Imbel FAL works fine and indeed does hold 10 rounds and functions well with it. I believe it is a real FAL 20 round mag that has been modified to only hold 10 rounds. It has a spacer inside and the base plate has four small welds to keep modifiers in CA out of it. For a repair those welds are easily ground off.

I went for the DSA's (10 round box...new manufacture) originally because they were cheaper ($25 vs $35). But after market magazines in my experience are usually problematical. So when they were out of production with no new delivery date known, I did the right thing and bought the EA real FAL mag (EA 20/10).

LDBennett
Old 07-15-2008, 5:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycorey View Post
I must have gotten the last ones from DSA; placed the order and got them in about a week. All three mags had to be futzed with to get them to seat/eject from the magwell easily.

I'll be checking out the Enterprise stuff shortly ...
Here's the Entreprise 10/20 in my FAL. Pete

I had a commission/USNR from 71-77 but never consider myself a Veteran.My Dad and his four
brothers/USMC /WW2,Korea,Vietnam. Their Father US Army WW1. They were Veterans.

9/11 was our worst day----11/9 our best day!
"Guns and religion TRUMP hope and change"
Old 07-15-2008, 6:29 AM

Thanks guys! I actually called Enterprise about 30 seconds after my last post up there and ordered two mags. The very nice lady on the phone put me on hold for a moment to see if she could get the mags shipped out the same day, but said the mail had already gone, so I'd have to wait till today for them to ship. *sigh*

I suspect Enterprise has found themselves a repeat customer.
Old 07-15-2008, 9:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Some people don't want their guns to look like AW's, so it'd be nice if somebody would make some more 10/10's . . . I might actually buy some of their products.

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:18 AM
Vendor/Retailer

The uncomfortable truth is that, as long as your gun is black, and sports a pistol grip, it will look like an AW - whether you fill in that thumbhole, fix the mag, bullet button it, whatever.

The 10/20s have the distinct advantage of being original FAL magazines with little modification so that feeding and installation (for fixed builds) issues are pretty much nonexistent. I have two DSA 10s and both required fitting, an issue not uncommon when dealing with aftermarket magazines - most manufacturers believe that it is better to have too much metal than to have too little.

Having a 20rnd magazine will also allow the shooter to use the magazine as secondary hold surface.

"Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization."
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenor View Post
The uncomfortable truth is that, as long as your gun is black, and sports a pistol grip, it will look like an AW - whether you fill in that thumbhole, fix the mag, bullet button it, whatever.

The 10/20s have the distinct advantage of being original FAL magazines with little modification so that feeding and installation (for fixed builds) issues are pretty much nonexistent. I have two DSA 10s and both required fitting, an issue not uncommon when dealing with aftermarket magazines - most manufacturers believe that it is better to have too much metal than to have too little.

Having a 20rnd magazine will also allow the shooter to use the magazine as secondary hold surface.
Don't think I'll be holding the mag any time soon . . . it's usually the first thing that blows out in a FAL KB . . .

You read the geigh road dontcha?

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=370993

I'd still like a 10/10 cut down from surplus mags, as long as the length of the body and spring are good feeding shouldn't be an issue. Mostly I'm worried about LE that knows about the 10rd fixed mag idea, and might freak out if they see a 20rd mag in there. LE that doesn't know jack **** about fixed mags or OLL's ain't gonna care if I have a 10/10 or 10/20 in there, they're going to run me in either way.

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!