Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-15-2015, 5:54 AM
omega's Avatar
omega omega is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,194
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Exclamation Assault Rifles Reported at Spenceville Range

for people who think they dont enforce the Ca Assault weapons ban, take a look at what happened at the Spenceville Range recently.

Sportshooters at the Spenceville Firing Range reported two people were shooting AK-47s, one with a 100-round magazine, on Aug. 8, officials said.

No one took ownership of the weapons when Yuba County deputies arrived on Waldo Road, officials said, but witnesses identified two suspects, one of whom is a convicted felon barred from possessing firearms.

Anthony Plascencia of New Jersey and Omar Ramirez of Sacramento were booked into Yuba County Jail on $25,000 bail and posted bail by the next day.

Charges have not yet been filed, although District Attorney Patrick McGrath has the report and is reviewing the file.



http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/...1bc1d54a4.html

Last edited by omega; 07-24-2016 at 4:12 PM..
  #2  
Old 08-15-2015, 5:57 AM
Kowan Kowan is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,474
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Silly rabbits. It's against the law for criminals to own guns.
  #3  
Old 08-15-2015, 6:01 AM
Mirac's Avatar
Mirac Mirac is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Franklinville, NC.
Posts: 239
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Poor Spenceville, another to put on the bad rep list...
  #4  
Old 08-15-2015, 6:10 AM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 5,770
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post

Anthony Plascencia of New Jersey and Omar Ramirez of... "Sacramento"...

"Criminal Mastermind"


NOW you know why the phrase is an oxymoron...
__________________
  #5  
Old 08-15-2015, 6:11 AM
mjmagee67's Avatar
mjmagee67 mjmagee67 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Free America, Idaho.
Posts: 2,775
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Nothing wrong here, a felon in possession of a firearm, throw the f-in book at him. You want to reduce crime go after real criminals.
__________________
If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.
  #6  
Old 08-15-2015, 6:32 AM
jeremiah12 jeremiah12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,672
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Apparently someone at the range called LE to check out the evil rifle they saw someone shooting. Nobody knew it was a felon in possession until after the LEOs arrived.

If it was another gunner shame on him for helping the state enforce stupid gun laws. If it was Spencerville Firing Range, I would never return. Would they call LE over my legally owned large capacity magazines the next time?
__________________
Anyone can look around and see the damage to the state and country inflicted by bad politicians.

A vote is clearly much more dangerous than a gun.

Why advocate restrictions on one right (voting) without comparable restrictions on another (self defense) (or, why not say 'Be a U.S. citizen' as the requirement for CCW)?

--Librarian
  #7  
Old 08-15-2015, 6:36 AM
Sharp Shooter's Avatar
Sharp Shooter Sharp Shooter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Nevada County
Posts: 1,128
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The newspaper got it wrong. Assault rifles are not illegal. Assault weapons are illegal unless you have a permit. A felon in possession of a firearm is a completely different matter.

Unfortunately this is the type of crowd Spenceville draws.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
I think when the Mueller report is released, you will be quite surprised.
  #8  
Old 08-15-2015, 7:57 AM
Wes C Addle Wes C Addle is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,895
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiah12 View Post
Apparently someone at the range called LE to check out the evil rifle they saw someone shooting. Nobody knew it was a felon in possession until after the LEOs arrived.

If it was another gunner shame on him for helping the state enforce stupid gun laws. If it was Spencerville Firing Range, I would never return. Would they call LE over my legally owned large capacity magazines the next time?
so you're advocating the breaking of the law? play the game by the rules, don't like it, leave.
  #9  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:13 AM
colossians323's Avatar
colossians323 colossians323 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,445
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiah12 View Post
Apparently someone at the range called LE to check out the evil rifle they saw someone shooting. Nobody knew it was a felon in possession until after the LEOs arrived.

If it was another gunner shame on him for helping the state enforce stupid gun laws. If it was Spencerville Firing Range, I would never return. Would they call LE over my legally owned large capacity magazines the next time?
This..............we're our own worst enemy. Who in the hell would assume what could have been a legal gun is illegal at a gun range? Was it a calgunner who is throwing the 2A under the bus?
__________________
LIVE FREE OR DIE!

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
  #10  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:20 AM
Kowan Kowan is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,474
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
Was it a calgunner who is throwing the 2A under the bus?
I doubt it. Could have been a anti there with a friend. Or a liberal who thinks no one needs an evil black rifle because they don't own one or understand ownership is not based on their beliefs.
  #11  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:23 AM
Citadelgrad87's Avatar
Citadelgrad87 Citadelgrad87 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,126
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
This..............we're our own worst enemy. Who in the hell would assume what could have been a legal gun is illegal at a gun range? Was it a calgunner who is throwing the 2A under the bus?
As it worked out, nobody threw anything under the bus, though. Someone assumed correctly. Doubly so, because these were felons.

I carry AW paperwork on those occasions when I am shooting my AWs. I would hope someone would just ask me, but I have run into mynah birds who just say over and over "that's illegal", mostly with standard capacity magazines.

I see both sides of this. I don't think I'd call the cops.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  #12  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:30 AM
JohnCCW's Avatar
JohnCCW JohnCCW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Madera County
Posts: 1,198
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I wouldn't use that range again.
Not their job to enforce AW regs.
I don't carry my "papers" with me when I go to ranges.
__________________
Don't ask how many guns I own, I lost count.
Rick Perry, Ted Cruz Trump for President 2016, because Hillary is NOT an option.
  #13  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:31 AM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nakatomi Plaza - 30th floor
Posts: 13,874
iTrader: 161 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
so you're advocating the breaking of the law? play the game by the rules, don't like it, leave.
Read my lips: AK47 with 100 round mag is NOT against the law in CA, if you have a registered AW and preban mags. No bullet button, 100rd magazine - legal. Those ARE the rules - you don't like it, leave.
__________________
.


Last edited by SkyHawk; 08-15-2015 at 8:34 AM..
  #14  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:34 AM
Epaphroditus's Avatar
Epaphroditus Epaphroditus is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Where the McRib runs wild and free!
Posts: 2,753
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Depends on how they were acting. Acting like thugs then dimes would drop. Otherwise Spenceville can be fun of horrific depending on the crowd.
__________________
CA firearms laws timeline BLM land maps
KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

In interpreting this text, we are guided by the principle that “[t]he Constitution was written to be understood by the voters; its words and phrases were used in their normal and ordinary as distinguished from technical meaning.” United States v. Sprague, 282 U. S. 716, 731 (1931) -Scalia majority opinion in Heller
  #15  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:37 AM
jaymz's Avatar
jaymz jaymz is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rancho Cucamomga
Posts: 6,272
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Maybe they were acting like gangbanger thugs, and someone called. Why is it everyone is assuming that cops were called because of the type of firearm they had?
  #16  
Old 08-15-2015, 8:38 AM
jeffyhog jeffyhog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 2,247
iTrader: 71 / 100%
Default

The article states that one of the men was a felon, yet they were both arrested. Why was the second man arrested?

I'm guessing the rifle was a mag-locked rifle, or an unregistered AW. I'm glad a felon got rolled up, but I don't like the way this went down. It's pretty bad when gun owners are afraid of the scary guns and big magazines. How many honest, legal shooters get hassled to catch a few bad apples, and this situation reinforces the action.
  #17  
Old 08-15-2015, 9:07 AM
SonofWWIIDI's Avatar
SonofWWIIDI SonofWWIIDI is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Clara county
Posts: 20,869
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Sad that most likely another enthusiast called LEO for something that he didn't know for certain was illegal...thanks to the FUD that gets spread by knee jerk reactionaries, who take the typically misinformed word of media as gospel.

Good that the felon in possession got hooked and booked.



I might go as far as to say that perhaps the caller knew the perps and also knew that one was a felon. Maybe the lame stream media got that part wrong or left it out. Benefit of the doubt?
__________________
•=iii=<(
🎺

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
  #18  
Old 08-15-2015, 10:10 AM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 14,522
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
As it worked out, nobody threw anything under the bus, though. Someone assumed correctly. Doubly so, because these were felons.
"Assuming correctly" doesn't cut it. PC/RS must exist *prior* to any action.

It's similar to the game cops had played with OC-ers, stopping and checking them for no reason. At least there was a legal loophole (e-check) that allowed "stop and frisk."

So, while it's good that a felon in possession is caught, the *method* is highly questionable. Besides, we have courts say that just displaying a firearm is NOT a PC/RS for search or detention in areas where such displays are legal.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
  #19  
Old 08-15-2015, 10:12 AM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 14,522
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyhog View Post
The article states that one of the men was a felon, yet they were both arrested. Why was the second man arrested?
For example, the second man could've been the owner of the rifle who knowingly lent it to the felon. There are many bad things that happen when guns and felons mix. Best to be far, far away from such situations.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
  #20  
Old 08-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Citadelgrad87's Avatar
Citadelgrad87 Citadelgrad87 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,126
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
"Assuming correctly" doesn't cut it. PC/RS must exist *prior* to any action.

It's similar to the game cops had played with OC-ers, stopping and checking them for no reason. At least there was a legal loophole (e-check) that allowed "stop and frisk."

So, while it's good that a felon in possession is caught, the *method* is highly questionable. Besides, we have courts say that just displaying a firearm is NOT a PC/RS for search or detention in areas where such displays are legal.
Wrong. I'm not a cop, I not restrained by "pc/rs." Don't try to lay that on me, or the goofy mental gymnastics of being certain before calling anyone. I'll use my judgment, not some rule that applies to the cops infringing on the constitution.

I said I probably wouldn't call, the probably being wiggle room, as in if they were thugging out or otherwise incriminated themselves.

Rest assured, you shoot next to me and act like a human being, I don't care if you break out a law rocket as long as you clear the back last area. I don't care what you look like or how you dress. I MIGHT mention the laws in a friendly way if someone appeared clueless. I don't think I'm a cop, I don't think it's my job to enforce anything, but it's perfectly reasonable to be open to the idea that these two guys screwed themselves.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  #21  
Old 08-15-2015, 10:30 AM
enegue enegue is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 752
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Anyone going to shoot a preban registered "assault weapon" with a whatever capacity magazine is completely legal and you're not required to carry papers with you, as was already stated. I am willing to bet that in many cases, the police will confiscate the "assault" weapons pending an investigation. All because some idiot at a shooting range wanted to be a hero. I guess this is nothing that is all that surprising. Hopefully, it was just because the guys were acting like criminals, but that kind of opens it up to a whole 'nother can of worms - how many times will an old timer be able to identify a gangster vs just some younger shooters who listen to hiphop and dress differently.

Last edited by enegue; 08-15-2015 at 10:34 AM..
  #22  
Old 08-15-2015, 1:17 PM
63j300 63j300 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 388
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Ok just thinking two guys at the range gangbanger types 24 - 25 years old. Doing a whole lot of rapid fire with a AK and a 100 round drum. So after the RSO has asked them once to cool it with the rapid fire and they do not, then what should happen. I was not there just posting a scenario that could happen. When I just did my RSO class at this point you would call the cops and have them escorted off the property for not following the rules. At that point felon and possible unregistered AW could come into play.
__________________
2 Timothy 3
  #23  
Old 08-15-2015, 1:56 PM
wireless's Avatar
wireless wireless is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,905
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

I think many felons should be able to shoot and own firearms, unfortunately California doesn't offer a practical path to restoring our 2nd amendment civil rights. My guess is if these guys were dumb enough to do what they did, their felonies aren't for tax evasion or insider training.

If you a gangster shooting at the range and being respectful, it's none of my business. If you start acting like a dumbass and put other people's safety in jepordy, I will call myself.
  #24  
Old 08-15-2015, 2:22 PM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 14,522
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Wrong. I'm not a cop, I not restrained by "pc/rs." Don't try to lay that on me, or the goofy mental gymnastics of being certain before calling anyone. I'll use my judgment, not some rule that applies to the cops infringing on the constitution.
Be that as it may, when the cop arrives at the scene he is restrained by the "goofy mental gymnastics" so if you want to have an effect and not get slapped back by harassment accusations, you have to understand what is and what isn't allowed.

There are people who are using your logic to call cops on neighbors shooting on their own land in unincorporated areas. It doesn't end well if they keep on doing it even after they are told there is nothing illegal going on.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
  #25  
Old 08-15-2015, 2:30 PM
IrishJoe3's Avatar
IrishJoe3 IrishJoe3 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,363
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Be that as it may, when the cop arrives at the scene he is restrained by the "goofy mental gymnastics" so if you want to have an effect and not get slapped back by harassment accusations, you have to understand what is and what isn't allowed.

There are people who are using your logic to call cops on neighbors shooting on their own land in unincorporated areas. It doesn't end well if they keep on doing it even after they are told there is nothing illegal going on.
And how is

A) A civilian report of an assault weapon
B) A rifle that meets every definition of an assault weapon
C) No one claiming weapon

NOT 'reasonable suscpicion'?

Yes there is the possibility that its all legal, but if that's your argument you have no understanding of what 'reasonable suspicion' actually is.
  #26  
Old 08-15-2015, 2:53 PM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 13,686
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63j300 View Post
Ok just thinking two guys at the range gangbanger types 24 - 25 years old. Doing a whole lot of rapid fire with a AK and a 100 round drum. So after the RSO has asked them once to cool it with the rapid fire and they do not, then what should happen. I was not there just posting a scenario that could happen. When I just did my RSO class at this point you would call the cops and have them escorted off the property for not following the rules. At that point felon and possible unregistered AW could come into play.
No RSO at Spenceville. It is just the masses being the masses.

I am guessing these guys were attracting negative attention for whatever reason and another shooter decided to report it.

Any normal day there has episodes of shaky behavior. These guys must have gone above and beyond that to warrant the result.
__________________
Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.
  #27  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:26 PM
philobeddoe's Avatar
philobeddoe philobeddoe is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Venice
Posts: 2,033
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
so you're advocating the breaking of the law? play the game by the rules, don't like it, leave.
Remind yourself of that God forbid you find yourself on the 405 N or 5 N
with any magazines with a capacity in excess of ten rounds, as you may be cruising through LA City with illegal contraband ... making you a criminal.

Don't like it? Stay off the freeway.
  #28  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:28 PM
SVT-40's Avatar
SVT-40 SVT-40 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 9,526
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Maybe it was the tattoos on their faces????...

No booking photos yet online... but Plascencia was the felon.

http://jailalert.com/arrest-records/...a-2480185.html
http://jailalert.com/arrest-records/...z-2480184.html

Anthony Plascencia, 28, of New Jersey was arrested by the Yuba County Sheriff's Department at 7:15 p.m. Aug. 8 on Waldo Road on suspicion of possessing an assault weapon, large capacity magazine and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was booked into Yuba County Jail.
Omar Ramirez, 22, of Sacramento was arrested by the Yuba County Sheriff's Department at 7:15 p.m. Aug. 8 on Waldo Road on suspicion of possessing an assault weapon and a large capacity magazine. He was booked into Yuba County Jail.


Neither show as still being in The Yuba County jail....
__________________
Poke'm with a stick!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.
  #29  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:35 PM
GraveTPO GraveTPO is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Inside the "Vast Confederacy of Fools".
Posts: 374
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
The newspaper got it wrong. Assault rifles are not illegal. Assault weapons are illegal unless you have a permit. A felon in possession of a firearm is a completely different matter.
"Assault weapons" may be legally owned (not by a felon) if registered under the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989.

Quote:
Apparently someone at the range called LE to check out the evil rifle they saw someone shooting.
Quote:
so you're advocating the breaking of the law? play the game by the rules, don't like it, leave.
Statists abound everywhere - even on Calguns. I thought long and hard about registering my assault weapons all those years ago and, ultimately, chose registration. I wanted to shoot my legally possessed property and never be bothered by the prying eyes of some tattletale panting for a "good boy" pat on the back by law enforcement.
When shooting my legally acquired and registered assault weapons I make sure to have copies of my registration on hand for this exact scenario.

Last edited by GraveTPO; 08-17-2015 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Someone correctly pointed out my misuse of terminology.
  #30  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:35 PM
California_Deplorable's Avatar
California_Deplorable California_Deplorable is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: everywhere
Posts: 3,789
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Wrong. I'm not a cop, I not restrained by "pc/rs." Don't try to lay that on me, or the goofy mental gymnastics of being certain before calling anyone. I'll use my judgment, not some rule that applies to the cops infringing on the constitution.

I said I probably wouldn't call, the probably being wiggle room, as in if they were thugging out or otherwise incriminated themselves.

Rest assured, you shoot next to me and act like a human being, I don't care if you break out a law rocket as long as you clear the back last area. I don't care what you look like or how you dress. I MIGHT mention the laws in a friendly way if someone appeared clueless. I don't think I'm a cop, I don't think it's my job to enforce anything, but it's perfectly reasonable to be open to the idea that these two guys screwed themselves.
Well said.
__________________
The OPINIONS expressed herein are NOT legal advice and should not be taken too seriously. This is the internet after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezfoo View Post
And the lord appeared unto him and spoketh "tere henges". And he did knoweth in two weeks shall be the terrible boating accident whereas upon the mighty waves will the shoulder thing that goes up be lost beneath the sea. All rise. Sit down. Rise again. Sit down. Behold the non homo dancing. Amen
  #31  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:41 PM
Wes C Addle Wes C Addle is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,895
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Read my lips: AK47 with 100 round mag is NOT against the law in CA, if you have a registered AW and preban mags. No bullet button, 100rd magazine - legal. Those ARE the rules - you don't like it, leave.
read mine...

IF



according to the article, the two guys didn't have registered AWs.
  #32  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:41 PM
Citadelgrad87's Avatar
Citadelgrad87 Citadelgrad87 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,126
iTrader: 32 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
Be that as it may, when the cop arrives at the scene he is restrained by the "goofy mental gymnastics" so if you want to have an effect and not get slapped back by harassment accusations, you have to understand what is and what isn't allowed.

There are people who are using your logic to call cops on neighbors shooting on their own land in unincorporated areas. It doesn't end well if they keep on doing it even after they are told there is nothing illegal going on.
No, people are t using my logic to do anything. I set forth my logic, above. I fully understand what constitutes harassment in a legal sense.

Two scumbags got popped. The was something illegal going on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by repubconserv View Post
Print it out and frame it for all I care
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  #33  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:47 PM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 13,686
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT-40 View Post
Maybe it was the tattoos on their faces????...

No booking photos yet online... but Plascencia was the felon.

http://jailalert.com/arrest-records/...a-2480185.html
http://jailalert.com/arrest-records/...z-2480184.html

Anthony Plascencia, 28, of New Jersey was arrested by the Yuba County Sheriff's Department at 7:15 p.m. Aug. 8 on Waldo Road on suspicion of possessing an assault weapon, large capacity magazine and being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was booked into Yuba County Jail.
Omar Ramirez, 22, of Sacramento was arrested by the Yuba County Sheriff's Department at 7:15 p.m. Aug. 8 on Waldo Road on suspicion of possessing an assault weapon and a large capacity magazine. He was booked into Yuba County Jail.


Neither show as still being in The Yuba County jail....
I am wondering if the charges will include 'possession' of a large-capacity magazine, since that is not a crime. (Excluding felon-in-possession, of course).
__________________
Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.
  #34  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:51 PM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 13,686
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveTPO View Post
"Assault rifles" may be legally owned (not by a felon) if registered under the Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989.





Statists abound everywhere - even on Calguns. I thought long and hard about registering my "assault rifles" all those years ago and, ultimately, chose registration. I wanted to shoot my legally possessed property and never be bothered by the prying eyes of some tattletale panting for a "good boy" pat on the back by law enforcement.
When shooting my legally acquired and registered "assault rifles" I make sure to have copies of my registration on hand for this exact scenario.
You should research the difference between 'assault rifles' and 'assault weapons', since you seem to be confused on the details. I sincerely doubt you have legally registered 'assault rifles', since those are classified as military select-fire weapons.
__________________
Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.
  #35  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:55 PM
StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca's Avatar
StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,779
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Hopefully it was their actions that brought the negative attention. Otherwise I don't agree with how this went down.
  #36  
Old 08-15-2015, 3:59 PM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 13,686
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca View Post
Hopefully it was their actions that brought the negative attention. Otherwise I don't agree with how this went down.
I would have to think it was their actions/behavior. Spenceville is a freak show even on a good day, so these guys must have really been attracting attention.
__________________
Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.
  #37  
Old 08-15-2015, 4:04 PM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 14,522
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJoe3 View Post
And how is

A) A civilian report of an assault weapon
B) A rifle that meets every definition of an assault weapon
C) No one claiming weapon

NOT 'reasonable suscpicion'?

Yes there is the possibility that its all legal, but if that's your argument you have no understanding of what 'reasonable suspicion' actually is.
Apart from (C), the first two are no problem because "Assault Weapons" are NOT illegal - we even have a term "Registered Assault Weapon" (RAW) for those that are both an "assault weapon" and legal. RAWs fit right in with the pre-ban high (standard) capacity magazines.

Reasonable suspicion must involve suspected criminal activity. Possessing a RAW is NOT criminal activity. Sure RAWs are relatively rare, but so are many other things. For example, here is what Fourth Circuit had to say on the issue of harassment of open carriers under the guise of "reasonable suspicion."

I would hold on with jumping to conclusion about "OMG, he has an AW!" being sufficient to harass people.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
  #38  
Old 08-15-2015, 4:05 PM
hermosabeach's Avatar
hermosabeach hermosabeach is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,075
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Omar was 22

He purchased the magazine in 1999........ When he was 6
__________________




“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
  #39  
Old 08-15-2015, 4:09 PM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 14,522
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
No, people are (no)t using my logic to do anything.
Sure are. People call the cops all the time about activity they believe should be illegal but is not.

How many OC-ers were confronted by the police after someone called in "man with a gun?" The only reason it worked out was because the e-check allowed police to initiate contact, but e-check and a Terry stop was about it when it came to what the police could do.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
  #40  
Old 08-15-2015, 4:13 PM
IVC's Avatar
IVC IVC is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Temecula
Posts: 14,522
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Omar was 22

He purchased the magazine in 1999........ When he was 6
Felon in possession is the real problem. For magazines, the state has to prove not only that the magazine was illegally imported, but that it happened within the statute of limitations. It's this latter part that makes magazine charges really hard to stick to anyone without color.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:00 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.