Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 07-11-2008, 2:48 PM

Default Back in California

Greetings folks!

I have recently moved back here after living in Utah helping a start up get on its feet. Now I am back here with another start up. Many years ago I helped start the criminal investigations group at PayPal and worked there almost 7 yrs finally leaving there to go to work in Utah.

I loved Utah and loved being able to buy fun stuff but missed California. We kept our home there and blah blah blah.

I joined Calguns because a coworker told me about Calguns being behind most of the good challenges to bad laws here in California. While I am not a lawyer I am a high tech crimes investigator, financial crimes investigator and risk management guy. I am pretty good at research and fact finding.

Plus my wife would prefer I didn't hang out at the house and bother her so much

I am going to go check out the legal issues threads and see if I can help the cause.

I am a FIRM believer that the system does work I think Heller is proof of that and I hope we can fix some of the violations of our RKBA.

Regards,

John
Old 07-11-2008, 2:49 PM

Welcome back, and welcome to CalGuns. Once I leave California, it's for good. I've never really felt at home here anyway.
Old 07-11-2008, 3:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Welcome back. I have had some nice interactions with the security people at PayPal. While they did not always solve the issue at least someone other than a first line support person called or emailed back and understood the nature of the issue at the time.
Old 07-11-2008, 3:11 PM

Thanks. You know when I lived here before orginally being from Georgia I felt like a fish out of water. I HATED here couldn't wait to leave. Everything was wrong and bad from too much traffic, to liberals to OMG we can't even have a hot day without brown outs.

I realized I missed California as did my beautiful wife about 2 days after we left. So we are glad to be back.

I am glad you were helped by PayPal. I built the criminal investigations group and when eBay acquired us I ran their investigations as well. Contrary to many we did try to do the right thing and we did start off as a 2A friendly company but long story short Mastercard and Visa make the rules. Contary to all the internet rumors.

I work for a start up payments company now that has no anti 2A policy but I don't want to turn this thread in to an advertisement and honestly we are a bit away from being a system that works well for merchants.

thanks again for the welcome

John
Old 07-11-2008, 3:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Welcome!

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 07-11-2008, 7:23 PM

I hope you have good success with your new venture. I am also with a startup and can only say that a viable alternative to Paypal is desperately needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweise
They're upset and associating Armageddon w/only 21 guns and 10K rounds of ammo???

Geez, they have really low standards