Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 8:12 PM
Banned

Default Poof! Its gone!

It was all a dream! A horrible dream!

Last edited by 5150Marcelo; 07-11-2008 at 5:47 PM.. Reason: added report
Old 07-10-2008, 8:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

"Lawyer asked to meet in chambers, and he agreed. DA, Judge, and my Lawyer met for about 5 minutes. Came back out, Judge called recess for lunch and to be back in 1.5 hours. Lawyer said if I had any money. I said for what, I paid you. He said not for me, for DA and Judge What!
Said I needed 5k cash, and he would drop charges... Well, we hit the bank...

Came back, they met in chambers again. 3k to Judge, 2K to DA, charges dropped/ reduced to disturbing the peace ticket (infraction), pay fee to victims restitution fund, and 'volentary forefiture of firearm'!!! (Here ya go judge) Either that, or take it to trial $$$$$$ and fight the original 6 counts."

Wtf over?
Old 07-10-2008, 8:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigon1965 View Post
Wtf over?
I dont know. Thats what it took, thats what I did. BS i know, but I felt cornered. What can i do. If fought it, trial and all, it would have costed me some bux with no real guarantees.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150Marcelo View Post
Lawyer said if I had any money. I said for what, I paid you. He said not for me, for DA and Judge What!
Said I needed 5k cash, and he would drop charges... Well, we hit the bank...
Came back, they met in chambers again. 3k to Judge, 2K to DA, charges dropped/ reduced to disturbing the peace ticket (infraction), pay fee to victims restitution fund, and 'volentary forefiture of firearm'!!! (Here ya go judge) Either that, or take it to trial $$$$$$ and fight the original 6 counts.
WTF?
Old 07-10-2008, 8:27 PM

You paid $5000 in bribes to a sitting judge and the DA? And your lawyer witnessed this?

Here in CA?

Call the State Bar of California and the FBI. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Your attorney better act as a witness.

Next time, STFU and get counsel right away. You waived your rights by consenting to the search.

You're a senior member and have a lot of posts, but I find this entire thing to be too incredible to believe.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:29 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

What the hell. Sounds like you lived through a nightmare. Falsifying police reports and bribery (?).
07 FFL
Law enforcement sales.

909 985-0600

69Mach1
munkeeboi
TURBOELKY
antix2
WTSGDYBBR
tujungatoes
jmpgnr24K
Old 07-10-2008, 8:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
You're a senior member and have a lot of posts, but I find this entire thing to be too incredible to believe.
I agree, the story seems so unreal. It's like a script from a movie or something. They freaking played you man....
Old 07-10-2008, 8:31 PM

Sorry for your losses, happy for the priceless items. Time to follow-up. If I'm not mistaken judges and DA'a have to re-elected. I would think this might make a great story for the local TV, and the papers.

This isn't south of the border. Corruption should not be tolerated.

Pour cement along the freeway? You need a weblink and the url on signs and on your truck pronto.
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
I need your help. Rush over here with shovels, half-naked girls and lots of beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_Fox View Post
im 26 and I feel like a creep trying to mack the 18 year old, i still do it, but I feel creepy.
Veteran Member

I dont think he means he bribed the judged, It sounds like the 5k was some kinda fine to me. Story sounds very believable to me.

Remember that line in Training Day, "We the police, we can do whatever the f--- we want"

It's pretty much true.. they're writing the report, they're the ones stating the facts of the incident. It's your word against "5 proven decorated officers" .. That's why I err on the side of caution when it comes to dealing with LE. If they want, they all but ruin you on trumped up charges or outright lies.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:33 PM
Veteran Member

I also think your Attorney got a cut since he is friends with the DA and Judge. How can they charge you with drunk driving if they didn't do any testing? You should've hired Chuck Michel.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:35 PM

By the way... you never told us why you were stopped by half of the police in Southern California without so much as rolling through a stop sign. Why did they initiate the felony stop to begin with?

If this is in any way true... I'd be looking for a better lawyer than the one you had, file suit for malpractice, and start seriously going after both the DA and that judge with a civil suit and a criminal investigation.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:36 PM

Sounds like a horrible situation to me, I can understand your cooperation under duress. I agree with Sobriquet, call the state bar, sounds like bribes as you describe it.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Ofcourse... this type of shiet doesnt happen
Ever heard of Mike Corona... the *ex* OC Sheriff and what he's going thru? GOOGLE my friend. Dont be so naieve (sp)
Wait.. so you actually had to pay 5k in bribes that went into the pocket of the DA and Judge?

Still believable.. reminds me again of Training Day, "You wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?"
Old 07-10-2008, 8:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
I dont think he means he bribed the judged, It sounds like the 5k was some kinda fine to me. Story sounds very believable to me.

Remember that line in Training Day, "We the police, we can do whatever the f--- we want"

It's pretty much true.. they're writing the report, they're the ones stating the facts of the incident. It's your word against "5 proven decorated officers" .. That's why I err on the side of caution when it comes to dealing with LE. If they want, they all but ruin you on trumped up charges or outright lies.
Yesss sirrrrr!
Old 07-10-2008, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Ofcourse... this type of shiet doesnt happen
Ever heard of Mike Corona... the *ex* OC Sheriff and what he's going thru? GOOGLE my friend. Dont be so naieve (sp)
It doesn't happen when you properly exercise your rights and then secure competent counsel. Even if the judge was corrupt, there's a thing called appeal. I've never heard of a story where more incorrect choices were made.

I'm sorry... but until we see some sort of documentation or vouching by some Calgun people.. I'm calling BS.

If this weren't BS, you should be sitting in a federal building or another attorney's office right now.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wait.. so you actually had to pay 5k in bribes that went into the pocket of the DA and Judge?

Still believable.. reminds me again of Training Day, "You wanna go home or you wanna go to jail?"
5K cash homie!
Old 07-10-2008, 8:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If this is true (and I do have some doubts), it sure as hell means you've committed a crime too - bribing public officials. Sounds like your lawyer was a coconspirator and thus witness too - in addition to possible malpractice issues (why'd he countenance a bribe, when it was a defendable case - unless there's more than you're telling us on your side?)

Given who reads these forums, this could end up snowballing - you should talk to a real lawyer since your arse could end up in a very complex situation (to put it mildly).

If you told me this involved contract LE in areas around Cudahy, I might believe it - but LA/DA & LA judge, highly unlikely.

Remember, if a judge or DA wants to make more money, and has any talent at all, he can just go into private practice.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

Last edited by bwiese; 07-10-2008 at 8:45 PM..

Quote:

This isn't the movies - nor is this a time for bravado. If the man seriously was just coerced into paying bribes by a sitting judge and DA, this is a very serious matter. Much more so than any of the relatively minor open-carry stops frequently discussed here.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Sounds like a horrible situation to me, I can understand your cooperation under duress. I agree with Sobriquet, call the state bar, sounds like bribes as you describe it.
They were bribes! No if, ands or buts. It is what it is. I just cant afford the lengthy road of fighting it and missing work and paying lawyers. I took the cheaper route at the time, and I needed to save my clean record. I was applying for a job with DOD at the time. During this drama, I got a letter saying that I coudnt be hired at the time cuz of a hiring freeze.
Hmmm, my buddy got in without a prob. We applied at the same time, and he's WAYYYYYY stupider the I am
Old 07-10-2008, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Complete BS
Old 07-10-2008, 8:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Was this Mexico or the US? I mean, things are bad, but...wow. I don't know how to respond to this one... Why would they even stop you? Bribes? WTF?

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrist View Post
Complete BS
This is EXACTLY why it could have happened the way he says.
The first reaction anyone would have to a story like this is, "Complete BS!"
Lying cops, corrupt DA and Judge demanding bribes.. Who would even believe such a thing?

Maybe I've watched Training Day too many times
Old 07-10-2008, 8:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecam View Post
I also think your Attorney got a cut since he is friends with the DA and Judge. How can they charge you with drunk driving if they didn't do any testing? You should've hired Chuck Michel.
They didnt charge me with drunk driving. We asked how come I wasnt given a sobriety check at the time if the report said I was drunk?... since I WAS driving. (I was SOBER 100%) They just didnt wanna hear it. Remember, this was all at my arraignment, not trial.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobriquet View Post
It doesn't happen when you properly exercise your rights and then secure competent counsel. Even if the judge was corrupt, there's a thing called appeal. I've never heard of a story where more incorrect choices were made.

I'm sorry... but until we see some sort of documentation or vouching by some Calgun people.. I'm calling BS.

If this weren't BS, you should be sitting in a federal building or another attorney's office right now.
lol... come on bro. I wanted to get rid of them just as fast as they wanted to ring me out. Call what you want. I wont lose sleep tonight if you dont believe it.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Lying cops, corrupt DA and Judge demanding bribes.. Who would even believe such a thing?

It's much harder to suspend disbelief in the real world.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:51 PM
Calguns Addict

What was the court case number?

The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:53 PM

Quote:
lol... come on bro. I wanted to get rid of them just as fast as they wanted to ring me out. Call what you want. I wont lose sleep tonight if you dont believe it.
I'm glad to hear that - because I don't believe a word of it. Not without something more.

There is absolutely no way an honest citizen of the United States, having committed no crime, would pay $5,000 in bribes to a sitting judge and the DA without seeking SOME assistance after the fact from the federal government.

Last edited by grammaton76; 07-10-2008 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: Clearing out flame war stuff
Old 07-10-2008, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Dude, if this is how it really went, you just freaking bent over and spread them cheeks wide open. Come on man, you should've known better than that.
Old 07-10-2008, 8:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
If this is true (and I do have some doubts), it sure as hell means you've committed a crime too - bribing public officials. Sounds like your lawyer was a coconspirator and thus witness too - in addition to possible malpractice issues (why'd he countenance a bribe, when it was a defendable case - unless there's more than you're telling us on your side?)

Given who reads these forums, this could end up snowballing - you should talk to a real lawyer since your arse could end up in a very complex situation (to put it mildly).

If you told me this involved contract LE in areas around Cudahy, I might believe it - but LA/DA & LA judge, highly unlikely.

Remember, if a judge or DA wants to make more money, and has any talent at all, he can just go into private practice.
Snowball away! See if you can get my DE back!
Old 07-10-2008, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Ugh-

Everything that could go wrong, did.

Falsely arrested and charged for loaded weapon (12031) even when loaded magazines are not a 'firearm' and they were also not "attached" to the firearm. Insofar as I am aware, the subject was not a felon or a criminal gangmember at the time of the police contact- and therefore does not meet the definition of "loaded" as found in other sections of the penal code.

Then falsely convicted by a moron that cannot read or comprehend the English language in the pertinent code who has a vendetta against gun owners participating in otherwise lawful activity .

Then deprived of property without compensation in violation of the U.S. Constitution. Yes, the State owes you for taking your private property...

Then this is compounded by a payoff to keep you out of jail and your rights further violated.

Forgive me while I stifle the urge to hurl.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 07-10-2008, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Snowball away! See if you can get my DE back!
You know, if you had brought this to the forums attention when it was happening, assuming the timeline is inline with your membership here, the community would have rallied around the cause.

If you were otherwise innocent and there were no complicating issues, the "right people" could have done the job and probably gotten your firearm back.
Old 07-10-2008, 9:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

Remember that crooked Ortiz cop from LAPD? There was a ring of them. If its on the outside of courts, why not the inside?
Old 07-10-2008, 9:03 PM
Veteran Member

i wonder if this is true? I am not suprised over the BS charges they pressed but the last part seems a bit fishy. If its true it sounds like your attorney was looking for a plea bargin or bribe. So as a side question if a calgunner is arrested for a firearm related charge would it be wise to post it here to get support or advise to avoid being pushed into a corner by the oppressive legal system?
Originally Posted by forumguy View Post
The same way they enforce all the rest of the BS laws. Only criminals are exempt, while the honest obey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
Sometimes I think the function of Calguns is half to refute bad info from gunshops and half to refute bad info from DOJ.
Old 07-10-2008, 9:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You said this happened back in 2002 right?
I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas711 View Post
Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.
Old 07-10-2008, 9:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Training Day did happen in Oakland, called the "Rider's Case".
Old 07-10-2008, 9:06 PM

to what gain would anyone have to fabricate such a story?
Old 07-10-2008, 9:09 PM
Veteran Member

Case # and city/ county it occurred in, Judges name, Attorneys name, officers names...

What happened to your passenger? was he cited?

This story STINKS to high heaven. If this is real, I'd be on the horn to Chuck Michaels before the next episode of Cops is over!

If it's legit, offer up some proof... thats not asking too much is it?

Last edited by Santa Cruz Armory; 07-10-2008 at 9:14 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 9:11 PM
Calguns Addict

<tag>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Warrior View Post
Liberals didn't invent douchebaggery but they certainly perfected it.
Old 07-10-2008, 9:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopi View Post
You know, if you had brought this to the forums attention when it was happening, assuming the timeline is inline with your membership here, the community would have rallied around the cause.

If you were otherwise innocent and there were no complicating issues, the "right people" could have done the job and probably gotten your firearm back.
I wish I could have and I would have if someone was willing to put up the money and sponsore me in the meantime to pursue legal action. I just didnt have that kinda funds and to find a lawyer to run the whole way thru.... good luck. Some of you are reading what I wrote and say its BS. How the HELL do you think most lawyers will react when I come at them with this.
Yes, I lost my DE, money, and a little bit of pride. Nothing that cant be replaced.
I have made hundreds of thousands of dollars at work from 2002 to date, I got my little bit of lost pride back when I walked out a free man and dropped a G on my Benelli on the way home, and I now have another DE. I have had NO contact with the law since then and I dont plan on it... not for loaded magz either.
Some of you guys think that this doesnt happen! Corruption wouldnt even be an actual word if it didnt.
Closed Thread