Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:08 AM

Default National Bullet Company closes doors

Looks like the company is finally closing doors. No more people to rip off. I dont know how many people have been ripped off by this company but good to see them going away.

http://www.nationalbullet.com/
Old 06-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

It's kind of a bummer that this company has been going through what it's been through. Don't get me wrong, what has happened lately is bordering on criminal in not filling orders and not talking to people about said orders.

I used this company a couple of times in the early 90's, pre-internet, when they could probably keep up with volume. At the time they were prompt and sent my order to me within the time I expected. While it's good that they will no longer be able to do business in such a negative light, I feel bad that they are going away since they are one less source of components.

I think the writing has been on the wall for a long time and I don't know why they fell as far behind as they did. I still have some 30 cal lead and copper washed bullets I purchased from them all those years ago. They were decent cast bullets at a decent price at the time. I finally founda use for them.

I wonder how much of the issue was that they were simply overwhelmed by the volumes that the internet can produce and they probably just could not keep up. It could have been that way.. or it could be that the business was sold and the new owners had no clue what they were getting into. Not knowing the background, all I can do is speculate. If anyone wants to fill me in on the inner workings (not all the stuff I can already read here and elsewhere) pm me
Old 06-26-2008, 10:43 AM

I too used them. i had some of the copper washed for 30-30. that was some good stuff. its actually what got me into casting for myself. Sad but over the past few years i really dont think anyone got what they ordered. i never knew of anyone getting there stuff. sad too because from time to time i would think about buying another box. but just reading all the latest stuff would always steer me away.
Old 06-26-2008, 9:00 PM

I had some good luck with them initially, buy like most people they tryed to rip me off. Had to get the Ohio Attorney Generals office involved to get my money back.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:20 AM

I ordered from them once, and the transaction went smoothly. Unfortunately, the bullets were not of the highest quality. Ended up giving them to my brother to melt down and recast.
Pete