Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-25-2008, 7:31 AM
In Memoriam

Default I'm now a member of the Rainbow Range...

Just got signed up yesterday. The wifes parents live in Temecula and we visit them often, so I figured it'd give me something to do when we come here.

I took out the OLL yesterday and aside from a couple of questions from other shooters (which I answered) nobody seemed to mind. All the people that were there were super friendly. One guy inquired about my USP and I let him shoot a few mags through it, and at the rifle range he let me put a couple rounds through his EXTREMELY light triggered Remington 700 tack driver.

Anyway, I'll be up there later today, probably around noonish. If any of you are going to be there, I'll be the guy with the black glasses and the tattoos.
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . you are, after all, anonymous."
-Barry Ritholtz

Help be a better advocate for the 2nd Amendment here.
Old 05-25-2008, 9:01 AM

I've wanted to check iRainbow out for a while now. What kinda distance is there on the rifle side?
Old 05-25-2008, 11:40 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

100yd

I'm out autocrossing at California Speedway right now otherwise i'd meet you at the range, i'll probably go tomorrow morning though if you're still in town.

Last edited by LOW2000; 05-25-2008 at 11:43 AM..
Old 05-25-2008, 12:02 PM
In Memoriam

Nah, we're taking off early in the morning to beat traffic, but next time we come down I'll be sure to post.
"Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . you are, after all, anonymous."
-Barry Ritholtz

Help be a better advocate for the 2nd Amendment here.
Old 05-25-2008, 7:55 PM

Im a member there too. Its great for doing load development and sighting in stuff. It also isnt bad for pistol shooting. The rifle range is only 100 yds. Watch out for rattle snakes. I almost got bit by one that was sitting right beneath my target stand. I am a member at west end gun club too so my opinion of rainbow is probably biased.
Old 05-25-2008, 9:43 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

That's why people have those rainbow stickers on their back windows, right?

Old 05-25-2008, 10:50 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
That's why people have those rainbow stickers on their back windows, right?

I don't think you have to join the coalition to use the range.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 06-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

I've thought about joining and actually was going to in Jan., just never got around to it. I've toured the place before and only have one problem with the place.

It seems to me that if you intend to shoot various rifles and handguns, a security issue comes up. Now, I was told they don't generally have problems, but let's say I'm at the 22 rifle range at the entry area, but I also have handguns, a lever action and a OLL. I have to leave all but the 22 rifle in my truck with my ammo while I'm shooting. If I'm shooting on the rifle range, where one's vehicle is out of sight, then I have more of a security problem I would think.

I guess the solution is to only bring up what I intend to shoot that day in one area.

Am I worried too much about a possible theft issue or am I justified.

Also, at first I was concerned about the steepness of the range since I use a cane, but I can just drive to the different ranges, so that's ok.

Even tho they don't pro rate if you join in the middle or latter part of the year, the price really isn't that high ($125 still I believe).
Old 06-03-2008, 6:42 AM

I generally just park near whichever range I happen to be using at the time, i'm lazy that way Most of the time however, i'm either the only person there, or there are 1 or 2 other people, so security hasn't been a concern of mine, also the RSO's tend to keep an eye on the place.

Old 06-03-2008, 7:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired View Post
Am I worried too much about a possible theft issue or am I justified.
Gun theft is only a concern at public ranges.
If this is a private range where members have to check-in, or where you lock the gate behind you, I would not worry about it.
People who steal guns don't sign-up at private gun clubs.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC