Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-14-2008, 8:35 PM

Default AR-15 California legal

hello im new to this form...im wondering what are some california legal AR-15 i can own and how exactly does the fixed mag work...also wondering about prices...thanks epic
Old 05-14-2008, 8:39 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818
http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/in...main_page=ar15

Welcome to Calguns before you start askin all type of questions please read the above links and then you should ask questions but only after reading those links.

As for prices they do vary from $600 to $2000+

Last edited by Linh; 05-14-2008 at 8:42 PM..
Old 05-14-2008, 8:40 PM
Veteran Member

Old 05-14-2008, 8:45 PM
Veteran Member

sorry i just had to
Old 05-14-2008, 9:08 PM

thats tite...but i just wanted to know some gun makers and models...those links are full of useless info that tell me whats legal but not the exact thing i can actually go and buy
Old 05-14-2008, 9:08 PM
Veteran Member

Anything but the ones that have been around for a while. Stag is a popular one....

Μολὼν λαβέ
.................................................. ............
COMPLETE HI-CAP MAG REPAIR KITS FOR SALE- MAGPUL, RUGER, SIG, FN, H&K, GLOCK, MINI14, M1, M1A/M14, AK47, BLACK DOG, AR15,PARA, BERETTA, CZ, GSG, SAIGA, SPRINGFIELD, S&W, SKS & MORE.

www.laksupply.com

http://laksupply.com/magazines-mag-kits

http://laksupply.com/magazines-mag-kits/ar-15-magazines

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=99311
Old 05-14-2008, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index...d2ed3750f7e01a

http://www.riflegear.com/
Old 05-14-2008, 9:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epic4444 View Post
thats tite...but i just wanted to know some gun makers and models...those links are full of useless info that tell me whats legal but not the exact thing i can actually go and buy
You can go out and buy a CA-Legal Bushmaster "AR".

If you want anything other than that, you really should read the links the others have posted otherwise you're setting yourself for some legal trouble in the future when the po po or your local friendly DA is grilling you about your "AR-15" and you end up getting *** raped in prison because you couldn't be arsed to read the links the helpful people in this thread posted.

"It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote:
"Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze
Old 05-14-2008, 9:12 PM
Veteran Member

Courtesy of Xenophobe:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=34397

AK-47 Series are also listed in post #12 of this thread.

The California OFF-List Guide

AR-15 Series Weapons

ALEXANDER ARMS*
.50 BEOWOLF
6.5 GRENDEL

AMEETEC ARMS
WM-15

AMERICAN SPIRIT ARMS
ASA-10

ARES DEFENSE SYSTEMS, INC.*
ARES-16

BARRETT*
M468

BUSHMASTER
CARBON 15
J-15
BAR-10

CAVALRY ARMS
MKII

CENTURY ARMS*
C-15

CMMG
MOD4-SA

COLT*
CAR-A3 H-BAR ELITE
CARBINE

COMPASS LAKE ENGINEERING
MR-15

DALPHON

DANIEL DEFENSE
DD-15

DOUBLESTAR
STAR-15

DPMS
SINGLE SHOT
LR-308
A-15

DSARMS
ZM4

ESSENTIAL ARMS
J-15-F

FRANKFORD ARSENAL
XM-177
FAR-15

FULTON ARMORY
FAR-15

GLOBAL TACTICAL
GT-AR15

GRENADIER PRECISION
M4 A3
M4 COMMANDO
M4 SOC

GUNSMOKE ENTERPRISES
M-15 MATCH

HESSE ARMS
HAR-25

HIGH STANDARD
HSA-15

JP ENTERPRISES, INC.*
JP-15
CTR-02

LAR MANUFACTURING
GRIZZLY-15

LAUER CUSTOM WEAPONRY
LCW-15

LEITNER-WISE*

LEWIS MACHINE AND TOOL*
DEFENDER 2000

LRB INDUSTRIES, LLC
M15SA

MEGA MACHINE SHOP
GATOR

MGI

NOVESKE
N4

PATRIOT ORDINANCE FACTORY
P-415
P-416

RATWORX
M-7

ROCK RIVER ARMS
LAR-15

SABRE DEFENSE
X16/15A3
XR-15

SMITH AND WESSON*
M&P-15
M&P-15T

SOCOM MANUFACTURING
DIAMOND
BLACK DIAMOND

SPECIAL WEAPONS
AR47

SPIKE’S TACTICAL
ST15

STINGER ARMS

STAG ARMS
STAG-15
STAG-6.8

SUN DEVIL
SD15

SUPERIOR ARMS
S-15

TITUSVILLE ARMORY
TA-15

TROY INDUSTRIES INC.*
CQB-SPC

VULCAN ARMS
V-15
CAL1

WILSON TACTICAL LLC.
WT-15

ZM WEAPONS*
LR300

TOTAL RECORDS: 66 (114 including AK-47 Series Weapons)

*Stripped lowers not available without purchase of complete lower or rifle

Please note, many of these companies will NOT deal with Californians.

©2006 xenophobe
Old 05-14-2008, 9:25 PM

Quote:
The first link I posted had a link to a list of the exact thing you can buy. So much for helping out. Oh well reading does wonders in this world.
Old 05-14-2008, 9:31 PM
Calguns Addict

It's not the "reading" that's a problem, it's the reading comprehension. You have to be able to understand what you're reading, otherwise it's "useless."
Old 05-14-2008, 9:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Welcome to CGN.

Please be aware, the docs that tell you about "what's legal" are certainly NOT "useless info". Building an OLL requires a clear understanding of the current situation regarding them. Use it like a guide to know what to pick out. People on this forum have volunteered a lot of time and effort to fight for and compile this for all of us. Respect it.

Quote:
Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I need a LIFE!!

my signature might help

Google Map of OLL Dealers

List of CA-friendly Manufacturers, Dealers, Middlemen, and Magazine rebuild kit dealers
Click me-->So you're a n00b and you want to build an AR? <--Click me
This post is based on actual events. Some facts may be altered for dramatic purposes. All posts are pure opinion. All persons, living and dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be construed.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:18 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox X View Post
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j97/Toolbox-X/Forum%20Pictures/SearchButtonforDummies.jpg
That's awesome.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 05-15-2008, 12:43 AM

"thats tight" WTF how old are you. Posts like this are why I dont even bother anymore. If you cant read the rules dont play the game YOU WILL LOSE in the end!
My solar tac grip wrap just slides off if I pull on it... I can tighten it down as much as I can and it will still slide off. I got it for a regular AK PG and it's on a standard romanian bakelite I think PG... What should I do? I kept the mag lock installed just in case this would happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stphnman20 View Post
What is a FEDUPWBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezil_boi View Post
( Yes, FEDUP... you were right ).Just 1.5 cents
Old 05-15-2008, 5:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEDUPWBS View Post
"thats tight" WTF how old are you. Posts like this are why I dont even bother anymore. If you cant read the rules dont play the game YOU WILL LOSE in the end!
+2. If you cant read, am sure you wont be able to put the thing together.
Old 05-15-2008, 6:49 AM

Hey, folks, epic4444 is brand new to this forum. How about cutting him some slack? I've been around guns for decades but am new to ARs. The devil-is-in-the-detail on "evil"/"non-evil" features on these things. If you want someone to be interested in firearms, you don't pi** on him from the git-go!
Old 05-15-2008, 7:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big50_1 View Post
Hey, folks, epic4444 is brand new to this forum. How about cutting him some slack? I've been around guns for decades but am new to ARs. The devil-is-in-the-detail on "evil"/"non-evil" features on these things. If you want someone to be interested in firearms, you don't pi** on him from the git-go!
I didn't see anyone p1ss1ng on anyone in the above posts. If the OP thinks that some of the responses he got here were rough; how would he feel being grilled by the DA when he makes a configuration mistake with his "CA Legal" AR? You stated that "the devil is in the details" with regard to AR configuration in CA. All the more reason why the OP should read the links provided before continuing. Even if he buys an off-the-shelf AR in a CA legal config; there is nothing saying that he can't/won't add something down the road that would put him in violation of the law. Gun ownership is a right, but ignorance doesn't protect us from all the laws at the state and federal level that infringe upon and otherwise restrict that right.

Asside form all of that, would you want to be at the range with someone who didn't even take the time to read that basic information? Would you assume that he would disregard the information posted about the law, and then spend time reading how his AR operates, and how to safely clear jams etc?

The consequences, both legal and physical, for not understanding the ins and outs of possession and use of firearms are extremely unforgiving. If someone isn't willing to take the time to learn the fundamentals of both aspects of the hobby/sport; the hobby/sport is probably better off without them.

Chris
Old 05-15-2008, 8:02 AM
Vendor/Retailer

LOL.

You think this link is useless? http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/in...main_page=ar15

Did you bother to look at any of the items I have for sale? Everything I sell "can be" California legal is configured properly. Or are you one of those customers who likes to call me up and say,

you - "Do you sell Stag lowers?"

me - "Yes"

you - "Are those CA legal?"

me - "No, it is a felony for me to sell them to you, but I since you sound like a nice guy I will take the risk and sell one to you over the phone."

Now that was for some comic relief, but back to business. That info that is in my FAQ is not useless information. That is the information that is going to keep you out of jail. You should seriously reconsider how important it is for you to understand that information because just because you can buy something from a dealer, doesn't mean it is necessarily legal nor does it mean you can't do something to it to make it illegal.

Once you understand the importance of what is and what is not legal, then finding examples will be easy. Again, I have all sorts of items for sale on my website and since I live in and cater to the CA crowd, what I have is legal.

Hopefully you can get back on the right track and figure out what will best suit your needs.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 05-15-2008, 8:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The info there are NOT USELESS!

You need to understand EXACTLY what you CAN DO and what you CANNOT DO....

Somethings that someone just *tell* you may get you in a LOT of troubles if you do not fully understand it.... (ie. someone tell you that an AR15 that is offlist is legal if you have bulletbutton.... and then someone tell you that if you have old 30rounds magazines, they are legal to use.... BUT NOW, if you just combine them.... then that is now TOTALLY ILLEGAL....)

So, don't expect being "spoon-fed" here... PLEASE take your time, and read thru the links... before you do anything STUPID....

New to Calguns, check here first:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818
Old 05-15-2008, 8:33 AM

Welcome to the forum epic. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

First of all, you really should read all the links posted. I won't bother grilling you (all the high-posters already did), but you need a full understanding of the law in order to build an OLL and keep it legal. If you don't understand the law, it's very easy to slip up and get busted for having an illegal weapon--please don't ruin OLL's for the rest of us law-abiders.
Old 05-15-2008, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Bad attitude there. You should really take the time to know all the details that make an AR legal or not in CA. I'm new to the AR platform also and recently just finished my first OLL build. I would suggest you learn about all the laws first so you stay out of trouble. Then research and correctly build the rifle you want. Being new to ARs this will help you greatly with maintenance, problems, upgrades, etc. of your AR down the road. Also it's a lot of fun to build it yourself instead of just picking one up. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2008, 9:40 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Long Beach, Strong Beach, Tha LBC, Wrong Beach, Wass Yo Name Foo?
Cool Not to bash, but...

This is not kids stuff. This is a devastatingly powerful, deadly weapon. Being in a rush for the short and skinny version of the info does not bode well. As far as I know it, part of the OLL movement is a level of maturity, responsibility, and a thorough knowledge of the laws and what will work within those laws(and in my opinion, proper spelling). Sorry to come down on you, but this is not something to take lightly-and it makes me nervous when somebody does...

Vote for pro-gun candidates, or lose your rights, and the rights of future generations. That's it. The end.

"No one said life would be easy".
Old 05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioburning View Post
This is not kids stuff. This is a devastatingly powerful, deadly weapon.
I'm sorry, but did you just finish a 2-day marathon of reading and re-reading the Brady bunch website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post

Soon it will be clearly immoral to routinely violate the bill of rights like the California courts so enjoy today.

-Gene
Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

AR's are cool.
Staying out of jail is even cooler.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC
Old 05-15-2008, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
AR's are cool.
Staying out of jail is even cooler.
\
LOL
Old 09-03-2010, 9:15 PM

[QUOTE=radioburning;1213664]This is not kids stuff. This is a devastatingly powerful, deadly weapon.

"Weapon" Implies usage. Let's not run around calling our rifles "weapons". People will get the wrong impression.

Edit: Still figuring out the quote function.
Old 09-03-2010, 9:28 PM

Dude this thread is like 2 years old.
Old 09-03-2010, 9:44 PM
Bacon makes it better
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy3 View Post
Dude this thread is like 2 years old.
I don't know why, but I read that and damn near spit out my soda.
Old 09-03-2010, 9:54 PM

worse then necro-post,
Old 09-04-2010, 12:12 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Zimz;4899939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioburning View Post
This is not kids stuff. This is a devastatingly powerful, deadly weapon.

"Weapon" Implies usage. Let's not run around calling our rifles "weapons". People will get the wrong impression.

Edit: Still figuring out the quote function.
Worst. First. Post. Ever.

Perfect in so many ways.
Old 09-04-2010, 9:51 AM

Coldwar shooter site has been closed for months, might want to remove that link you put up, there...
Old 09-04-2010, 9:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icefire View Post
Coldwar shooter site has been closed for months, might want to remove that link you put up, there...
And this tread has been dead for a few years...
Old 09-04-2010, 10:11 AM

Wow this was bumped from 2008, lol.