Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Haha I still think they know that calling something a BBAW is still BS because I’m sure they would have just put something like “The following guns are Bullet Button equipped” instead of just the date. They know this whole keeping the B.B. thing is not going to fly.
Old 11-22-2017, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
They are reading our threads, the date was added because we pointed out it was impossible for LEO to tell when what was added so older reg period RAW's could not be distinguished.

Hello DOJ! How ya doing?
I got my approval letter in the mail today, registered on October 14th, registered 6 rifles on this registration. My questions, why they included two of my rifles previously registered back in 2000, highlighted below in red box? Do they re-register them to be part of the new ban? The previous two do not have the stupid maglock. Do other people who got the letters have the same? I'm very concerned about this. However, I have the letter of 2000 ban. Thanks.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
I got my approval letter in the mail today, registered on October 14th, registered 6 rifles on this registration. My questions, why they included two of my rifles previously registered back in 2000, highlighted below in red box? Do they re-register them to be part of the new ban? The previous two do not have the stupid maglock. Do other people who got the letters have the same? I'm very concerned about this. However, I have the letter of 2000 ban. Thanks.

Someone else reported that his new BB RAWs were added in with his old RAWs from the year 2000.

I doubt the old ones are being re-registered. Most likely they're running some kind of massive database and your new rifles are simply added to an database existing record. I think it actually works in our favor this way. I mean, they're adding the new AWs to a database record that probably doesnt really make any distinction between a so-called BB AW and a "normal" AW.

It further proves our argument that these "BB AWs" shouldnt be treated any different than AWs from previous registration periods.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

I wonder if a cop can tell when they were registered. If you have an off-list AR/AK that you registered last time around, how can he tell that it was then vs now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Old 11-25-2017, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
Someone else reported that his new BB RAWs were added in with his old RAWs from the year 2000.

I doubt the old ones are being re-registered. Most likely they're running some kind of massive database and your new rifles are simply added to an database existing record. I think it actually works in our favor this way. I mean, they're adding the new AWs to a database record that probably doesnt really make any distinction between a so-called BB AW and a "normal" AW.

It further proves our argument that these "BB AWs" shouldnt be treated any different than AWs from previous registration periods.
You will notice at the top of your registration paperwork, there is a number - an assault weapon registration number. That number is assigned to your name, and when you register a new assault weapon it gets added to your "number". The DOJ will usually send an individual letter saying the new rifle you have registered is, in fact, registered -- and a second letter showing you your updated total list. It will include all registered "assault weapons" no matter how or when you registered them.

So, yes, what you saw above is normal. It's happened to me numerous times in the old registration period, for other rifles that I registered and now for BBAW's that are on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
I wonder if a cop can tell when they were registered. If you have an off-list AR/AK that you registered last time around, how can he tell that it was then vs now?
The AFS system will show the date the firearm was recorded in the system. The Officer would have to run the firearm out individually through the system. The paperwork doesn't show it, obviously, but the actual "return" from the Automated Firearm System will show things like name, address, birthdate, when/where it was bought, who sold it, dates it was bought/sold/registered, who the seller was etc (think DROS, basically all of that). It wouldn't be too difficult for an Officer to deduce what features should or should not (according to the DOJ of course :rolleyes) be on the rifle based on the date of registration.

It however does not specifically list that it was a BB registered AW, or that it was registered under the new law, or another exemption (like say, Peace Officer).

Anyhow, all of this furthers my belief that even the DOJ knows the notion that somehow an assault weapon can be "more assaulty" than another, if it's registered, is ridiculous.

Last edited by 9M62; 11-25-2017 at 4:32 PM..
Old 11-26-2017, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M62 View Post
You will notice at the top of your registration paperwork, there is a number - an assault weapon registration number. That number is assigned to your name, and when you register a new assault weapon it gets added to your "number". The DOJ will usually send an individual letter saying the new rifle you have registered is, in fact, registered -- and a second letter showing you your updated total list. It will include all registered "assault weapons" no matter how or when you registered them.

Some people had received individual letter, I on the other hand, never received this. I only received the one letter which included all my registered rifles.
Old 11-26-2017, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
Some people had received individual letter, I on the other hand, never received this. I only received the one letter which included all my registered rifles.
Nice!

I received both.
Old 11-26-2017, 9:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
And what will you be doing?
So far, shooting our featureless rifles.. lol

Until they work their way to that, but calling ALL semi-autos AWs is a big leap.. we will cross that bridge when we get there.

But hey, people need to do what they feel is right for them
Old 11-26-2017, 9:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post

I have a hard time imagining CA would be ok with all of those bullet buttons coming off.. seems counter-productive to their overall mission in life.

But, time will tell.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevydriver View Post
I have a hard time imagining CA would be ok with all of those bullet buttons coming off..
They weren't ok with the OLL movement either.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 11-27-2017, 6:29 AM

Quote:
I have a hard time imagining CA would be ok with all of those bullet buttons coming off.. seems counter-productive to their overall mission in life.

But, time will tell.
There’s what CA DOJ “wants” — which is to implement what they believe the legislatures intent was (and regardless of the legislative record and how a court might determine legislative intent... we all know that CA legislature wants all assaultyish guns gone period)...

They’ll write regulations and do other easy influencing tactics to “encourage” people toward what they “want.”

Then there is what CA DOJ “needs” I.e. stuff on the bad side of enforcement resource and prosecutorial discretion. Stuff where they’re going to start throwing their limited sworn DOJ agents, DOJ attorneys, and get County DAs involved in investigating/enforcing/prosecuting.

There’s a big gap between the two, and it sounds like you’ll be with the majority of people, who will succumb to their “wants” based on their hot air (e.g. proposed regulations of questionable legality).

And of course they’ll take (another) swipe at all semi auto center fire magazine fed rifles next, under a new governor that might not veto it, and then it’ll be up to the courts to decide if that is finally a large enough class of weapons to implicate Heller.
Old 11-27-2017, 6:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

But, time will tell.
RAWS from 1989 and 2000 still don’t have bullet buttons.

The election of Donald Trump has caused hollywood
to go “FULL STUPID “
Old 11-27-2017, 8:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4spd View Post
RAWS from 1989 and 2000 still don’t have bullet buttons.
Well duh.. because they never did.. because they didn't exist.. lol