Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Santa Margarita Gun Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Santa Margarita Gun Club Competitive Shooting Sports for Active and Retired Military, civilians and juniors

Old 07-19-2008, 5:22 PM

Default Pistol Match on 20 July canceled

From the Board of Directors:
The pistol match scheduled for 20 July has been canceled due lack of pre-registration. We have to pay ($25-75/hour depending on company) to have an EMT present per the base regulations. We can not justify the expense to the club if we are not certain there will be participation in the event. However, The rifle program is alive and well.
Old 07-24-2008, 9:22 PM

The only way that pistol can be cost effective, is to have the pistol shooters step up and cover the billets to support the pistol matches.
Old 08-15-2008, 6:50 AM

Wow,
I didn't even know you guys started your pistol program back up since the fires. Last time I shot at wilcox 102 was for the pac fleet match and that range was having problems then. I haven't heard a word from any of the bullseye crowd or a post on bullseye-L about this event. Such a shame to have it end, I needed a match for my 3rd sunday.
Old 08-15-2008, 7:01 AM

We certainly hope to have it up and running again...demise is a little strong...perhaps suspended would be better. The problem is that too shoot on base we need an EMT, Range Safety Officer, and an Officer-in-Charge. These always tend to be the same people...which means that they never get to shoot, and if we have to pay for an EMT but can't make enough $$$ from the match to cover the cost it turns into a "slow bleed" financially speaking. As I mentioned earlier it is our SINCERE hope that it will be back up and running. It would help if the pistol program could "grow" its own staff needed to hold the matches...but as it stands the same people are running the rifle and pistol matches and the hobby is starting to feel more like a job than something we do on our off time. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know...we'd love to blow the dust off the pistol program and grow it.
Old 08-18-2008, 9:51 PM

Didn't know you had pistol - I would have come out - do you still have room for members - pistol and rifle?
Old 08-19-2008, 5:41 AM

Default bullseye pistol

There is a pistol match at escondido fish & game on the second sunday of the month.
http://www.escondidofishandgame.com/index.php

That's about it for bullseye pistol in that area.
Old 08-19-2008, 7:54 AM

Hi Gunowner,

Yes, there is plenty of room for new members. There is no difference in Pistol or Rifle memberships, Members may shoot at any event or discipline.

We have Matches both days this weekend, come on out and join us.

John