Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 PM

Default Job Openings - Ammunition Manufacturing

Hey guys, I am currently doing a search for two job opportunities I know about. Essentially what I'm looking for is someone to take my place, one for a company I worked at for 5 years, and another one I am currently consulting for.

Because neither place has time to go through and vet every candidate they're leaving it up to me. Also, they don't want to deal with the calls.

So here's the job details:

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Setup and Operation of Ammoload Mark 4-10 loading machines (they have 2)
Camdex Loading machines (they have 6)
Dillon 1050, Dillon 650 (about half a dozen of each)
Quality Control, Documentation, Load development (some)
Inventory management
Some staff management
Manual Mill and Lathe work a plus
Good written skills
Solidworks is a major plus.

This is an entry level position, however I really want someone who will step up to be a technical lead. This is not a BS job where you can spend all day on facebook, it's real work, but it is very rewarding and you will learn a ton. Since working there I have started my own company and have had the opportunity to work with and for some of the biggest names in the industry. It is a very good starting point if you are thinking about working in the firearms field.

The company has a very nice 10,000 sq ft facility, is willing to be flexible on schedule (if you are also going to school like I was), and is also a type 10 FFL (yes, this means NFA weapons are made here).

To apply you must not be a prohibited person, you must pass a piss test.

San Fernando, CA

Setup and Operation of Waterbury Farrel Hi-Pro cold header presses
Tool setting
Some Tool and Die Making
Lathe/Mill are necessary skills
Mechanical Drawing

This company is one of the largest local manufacturers of new and reload ammo, they are looking for someone who is capable of setting up and operating bullet swage presses. I fully realize this is a rare and perishable skill, which is why I will be giving you hands on training for this position.

This company is also looking to get into manufacturing jacketed bullets, which is another skill you will acquire while you work here.

Again, no prohibited persons, must pass a drug test.

I will be honest, neither of these jobs pay particularly well (by southern california standards) so if you have a family to support this may not be for you. Also, this is hard physical work, it requires lots of standing, lots of walking, and a good amount of carrying weight, and at times lifting up to 150lbs. However, again I want to stress these are not necessarily jobs, they are opportunities to learn and lead.

I am looking for people who are geographically close to the workplace, and people who can learn, you don't need to have all the skills, in fact I would rather train you to do things the right way than break a lot of bad habits.

If you're still interested, please send a resume to me, drew@ammomfg.com please be as detailed as possible.
Old 08-02-2013, 3:46 AM

Thanks everyone who has already sent in resumes, I've seen some people who have some fantastic experience out there and some people who still need some education. I should start calling people for interviews in the next two weeks.

Also, I have received zero candidates for the job in san fernando. So if you're interested now would be a good time, before I have to pay monster.com a bunch of money.
Old 08-02-2013, 3:52 AM

I would have loved job when I was younger and eager to learn. Now I'm stuck behind a computer all day and all night.
Old 08-31-2013, 5:28 PM

Cool thread. Props to the OP.