Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 3:28 PM

Default Marksmanship instructions. FREE to ALL that want help!

I am willing to help anyone with a good attitude that wants to learn to be a better marksman. I prefer NOT to list my accomplishments, but I will say this, I have certainly trained enough PROFESSIONAL marksman to make your experience a meaningful one. + I wont charge you a dime! I have a place to shoot almost all calibers within a mile of my house. You bring your guns, ammo, targets, HEARING PROTECTION and accessories. I will bring my knowledge and skills. We will be respectfull of others (no drugs, boos or recklessness) and police our mess when we are done. I also have an automatic clay pigeon thrower that I am happy to share if you bring the pigeons and shells. AGAIN, I am not asking for any $$$ whatsoever. Just want to help spread interest in the sport.
Family oriented, kids, spouses welcome.

PM to discuss arrangements.

Last edited by twomanattact; 09-19-2013 at 3:33 PM..
Old 09-19-2013, 6:47 PM

Location?
Old 09-19-2013, 7:09 PM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Great offer OP! Love the attitude. Kudos.
...and don't forget people, one day your a student, next your a teacher. Pay it forward.

Old 09-19-2013, 8:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Good stuff, gotta bump it.
Old 09-19-2013, 9:04 PM

are you looking for individuals, or were you thinking small group setting. Either way I would be interested depending on location
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM

I Dont mind helping groups or individuals. Just don't want any rowdy people or groups. Family oriented here, Kids and ladies are welcome too. Been getting alot of interest on this posting. Will do a slow fire pistol class and shoot on sunday if anyone wants to participate. PM me if you can make it. I live in Menifee CA. The shooting area i use is within a mile of my house. No fancy range so dress appropriately. Long pants, closed toe shoes. It will probably be hot so i will do the class in the morning. You will need to bring your favorite pistol, target stand, targets, ammo, drinking water and a chair. My class will last about an hour and the practical application portion (shoot) will last as long as it takes. PM me asap so i can know who to expect.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:13 PM

Tagging this for later. Super interested but kind of short on time and ammo atm. When I get a bunch loaded up I will contact you.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Wish I lived closer. Always interested in becoming a better shooter.

Excellent of you to offer your expertise.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'll have to wait until I fully recover from knee replacement surgery (done 8-16), but since you are very close to me (Winchester) and I am always open to improving, your offer sounds good to me. I'll pm you in a few months when I able to get around without a walker.

Thanks for making your offer.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:44 AM

anymore interest in tomorrow for a slow fire pistol instruction. I will be going at 9 am. Anyone who is interested in joining let me know now so I can give you contact info.
Old 09-21-2013, 1:05 PM

Very interested! Will send a pm later when I can jump on a computer...
Old 09-21-2013, 2:12 PM

would love to, but I'm all the way in Sac :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 09-21-2013, 5:40 PM

Very interested! Thanks for offering this. What can we do in a day? We would be intrested in pistol, rifle (bolt action and ar-15) if possible. Me and my fiencee would like to learn
There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.
Old 09-22-2013, 1:49 PM

Thanks to those who came out. We saw some drastic improvements. If you continue to apply the fundamentals that you learned today, you will continue to improve. NO MORE WASTING expensive AMMO. To those who I had to reserve for another day, I will do another SLOW FIRE PISTOL class mid week if I get enough interest. These classes are for those that are new to shooting and for those who just want to improve their skills. However, the advanced marksmanship training will come later. I want those people to who need to learn to employ a weapon to learn the basics first. We can do some advanced training in the months to come. I am always eager to help those with a good attitude and willingness to leard. THANKS again, we had good weather and good people. Stay safe
Old 09-22-2013, 2:41 PM

Very interested in bolt action rifle and semi auto rifle training
Old 09-22-2013, 3:47 PM

Tagged im in San Jacinto,

Do you also teach something like appleseed shooting. I wanted to attend with my son but couldnt make it.
Old 09-22-2013, 4:28 PM

Definitely interested in some ar trainingg and pistol too.... When will you be doing a midweek session?
Old 09-22-2013, 8:04 PM

Very interested. Also, just wanted to say how appreciative I am for individuals like you! I'm local to menifee as well.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-23-2013, 11:35 AM

PM me for a wednesday afternoon "make up class". Wednesday afternoon i will take a group of 10 people out for a slow fire pistol class. PM me to commit. A group of 8 -10 works well. Please bring your target stand, targets, ammo, hearing protection and closed toe shoes. The class will be the same as Sundays. Followed by a slow fire practical application session. I suggest you bring 100 rds or more. If you catch on right awy and are satisfied with your results your free to save your ammo. If you need to use all 100 rds thats fine too. Wednesday iis wide open as if tight now. Pm me asap so i can plan
Old 09-24-2013, 8:19 AM

Location: Walnut, Diamond bar, W. Covina area ... sometimes I.E.

My boyfriend and i were out with TMA and the group for some help. It couldnt have been better. Weather was good but more importantly TwoMan was so helpful and detailed. There were 3 girls out, 2 couples and 1 girl with her uncle who had never shot before. By the time we were done with the shoot we were outshooting the boys! The shooting area is rough and you need to dress for it. But its free and easily accessed. Tma certainly knows his stuff and breaks jt down in a manner that makes it easy to understand. Nothing bad to say about the instruction. Hes respectful and concerned. I cant say enough good about the whole experience. I will be going to all the classes in the future that i have access to. I strongly recommend that anyone in need of some personal instruction take the class. It was about an hour of safety and class room instruction. And the shoot lasted until everyone was comfortable or out of bullets. Thanks TMA! Wish u could have joined us for dinner. Next time.
Old 09-24-2013, 4:43 PM

Thanks to those who came out this weekend. Was good to see alot of NEW shooters. New shooters tend to be better shooters. As they have not developed and poor habbits yet. . . ..

Looks like I only have 1 person committed to shooting tomorrow. I am setting the time for 5 pm close to the shooting area. I am happy to help more people if there are any straglers please PM me for details. Will check PMs again tomorrow just in case others can make it.
Old 09-24-2013, 4:53 PM

Please post up if you are doing another Sunday class. This sounds great.
Old 09-24-2013, 5:04 PM

Default Would like to help.

Hi twomanattact
I am very thankful to see someone that will share knowledge and not make money an issue. Good for you Brother. I have been doing the same thing for years ONLY for close friends and family. My expertise is in Tactical Percision shooting and fundementals with a bolt action rifle. I have taught people to properly handle their rifle for hunting, plinking and sharp shooting. I am a 3rd Generation Rifleman and can load ammunition specifically catered for that perticular rifle..Per say.. I would like to extend my help and share my knowledge with you and your cause. PM me for more details if you are interested or call 818-292-6204 Archie
Old 09-24-2013, 6:34 PM

Thanks archie. Glad to see people are sharing their knowledge to the masses. In this anti firearms environment we have to share our sport with those voters and future voters that are going to change things. So we can change things here. I am happy to help anyome who wants help.
Old 09-24-2013, 8:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever View Post
Hi twomanattact
I am very thankful to see someone that will share knowledge and not make money an issue. Good for you Brother. I have been doing the same thing for years ONLY for close friends and family. My expertise is in Tactical Percision shooting and fundementals with a bolt action rifle. I have taught people to properly handle their rifle for hunting, plinking and sharp shooting. I am a 3rd Generation Rifleman and can load ammunition specifically catered for that perticular rifle..Per say.. I would like to extend my help and share my knowledge with you and your cause. PM me for more details if you are interested or call 818-292-6204 Archie
I can vouch personally for Archie
he's shown me so much more in a few hours than all the reading, videos, and questions I have seeked online

Old 09-25-2013, 1:26 PM

Going out to shoot again this evening at 5. Only have 1 person interested this evening. Any last minute stragglers want to join? We will do about a 1 hour class ... safety, weapons handling, fundamentals, body posture then on to a prac app portion (shooting). If you need some time behind the pistol now is a good oppertunity. PM me if intersted
Old 09-25-2013, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus343 View Post
I can vouch personally for Archie
he's shown me so much more in a few hours than all the reading, videos, and questions I have seeked online
Thank You Exodus. It is my pleasure to teach such a natural rifleman..
Old 09-25-2013, 2:10 PM

Man, this is really awesome and I wish I was closer so that I could take you up on this.

CB
------------------
Old 09-25-2013, 2:21 PM

Very cool of you to offer your expertise. I'm about 45min-1hr away. Would love to join you sometime int he near future.
Old 09-25-2013, 6:11 PM

Just walked in from an afternoon of shooting. Weather was good, company was great. A bit of wind but noting crazy. We did some slow fire accuracy shooting. Always my pleasure to see people hone their skills. I had a PM for 3 people committed for sunday. I am going to keep doing the slow fire pistol class for now. I dont want to move on to anything else until everyone who wants help with pistols gets it. Will be too difficult to safely control the range with rifles and pistol on the firing line. Remember, there is no fancy range to sit down on or get comfy. Its just outdoor shooting. However, I do plan to do some long rifle stuff both iron sights and scoped. But for now, sunday we will be doing another pistol shoot. Would like to see a good turn out of kids and spouses. Some 22 rimfire shooting is always fun. PM me for sunday. I will take 8-10 people out.
Old 09-25-2013, 6:39 PM

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do this instruction. I learned a lot and had a great time. Will keep in touch.

Thanks again!

RJ
Old 09-25-2013, 7:42 PM

wish I am closer.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:23 AM

I can use some pointers on long range precision shooting..
Old 09-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post
Wish I lived closer. Always interested in becoming a better shooter.

Excellent of you to offer your expertise.
Me too, thank you for your offer.

OIF 07-09 Veteran
NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member
Old 09-27-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
I can use some pointers on long range precision shooting..
What is your choice of rifle and caliber..
Old 09-27-2013, 5:40 AM

Looks like i have a group if 5 people so far for sunday afternoon. I am willing to teach up to 5 more. If you want some help and can make it sunday contact me. Still focusing in the slow fire pistol shoots this weekend. I am planning to do an AR class in the coming weeks. Then later i will move into my favorite system - the scoped rifle - I feel like progressing in this manner will provide the best instruction. Please bring target stand, targets, pistol, ammo (50 rds minimum) hearing protection, a chair or something to sit on and a bottle of water.
Old 09-27-2013, 7:09 AM

Interested in Sunday I live in menifee!
Thanks
Old 09-27-2013, 7:45 AM

I'm interested. PM Sent.
Old 09-27-2013, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever View Post
What is your choice of rifle and caliber..
I'm new to this long range set up. I have an ar-10 and probably put no more than 100 rounds of off the shelf PMC bronze through it. So any help would be awesome. I especially need some more education on dialing in the scope (windage, elevation..etc.) Thanks!
Old 09-27-2013, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomanattact View Post
Looks like i have a group if 5 people so far for sunday afternoon. I am willing to teach up to 5 more. If you want some help and can make it sunday contact me. Still focusing in the slow fire pistol shoots this weekend. I am planning to do an AR class in the coming weeks. Then later i will move into my favorite system - the scoped rifle - I feel like progressing in this manner will provide the best instruction. Please bring target stand, targets, pistol, ammo (50 rds minimum) hearing protection, a chair or something to sit on and a bottle of water.
I'll be waiting to get into scoped rifles when you set the date. How far out can you shoot at the place you have? If I can reach out to 600-800 yards with my rifle I'll be happy.