Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 1:29 PM

twomanattact I hope you don't mind..

04_e46
An Ar10 with a 10 twist is fully capable of up to 1000 yards.. Do your part.
Good Luck
Old 09-27-2013, 1:57 PM

I'm sure my rifle is capable to 1000 yards...I think my scope and I do not do the rifle justice that's why I'm reaching out for help.
Old 09-27-2013, 3:09 PM

I have 7 commited people for sunday. Please only bring PISTOLs! I am not going to teach any other type of weapons system on sunday. Slow fire precision pistol shooting is sundays class. If you have contacte me and want to join please meet at 4pm at the intersection of Ethenac RD and Bigbear in zip code 92570. I will meet everyone there and we will take it from there.
Old 09-27-2013, 3:28 PM

Default scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_e46 View Post
I'm sure my rifle is capable to 1000 yards...I think my scope and I do not do the rifle justice that's why I'm reaching out for help.
What kind of scope
Old 09-27-2013, 3:54 PM

SWFA 3-9x42
Old 09-27-2013, 6:29 PM

Default Scope

Quote:
SWFA 3-9x42
3-9x42 is for Hunting
Depending on your budget.
Good Aluminum bedded Sock (The best is the one that fits you)
20MOA one piece Picatinny base and Rings (Leupold, NightForce, Badger)

Scope(Don't Skimp) 3.5X10X50mm Mil Dot 30mm Tube (Bushnell, NightForce,Leupold, SWFA)

Torque the base, Rings, windage screws, and stock to proper inch pounds.
Have the trigger set at 3.5 lbs
For extreme accuracy: Hand Load and shoot off of sand bags a bipod is for hunting. Besides it causes vibration..
These are the minimum requirements. only you will know what it takes to move up by trial and error. Your rifle will tell you what it does not like first and will let you know what it likes second..
Good Luck
Old 09-27-2013, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever View Post
3-9x42 is for Hunting
Depending on your budget.
Good Aluminum bedded Sock (The best is the one that fits you)
20MOA one piece Picatinny base and Rings (Leupold, NightForce, Badger)

Scope(Don't Skimp) 3.5X10X50mm Mil Dot 30mm Tube (Bushnell, NightForce,Leupold, SWFA)

Torque the base, Rings, windage screws, and stock to proper inch pounds.
Have the trigger set at 3.5 lbs
For extreme accuracy: Hand Load and shoot off of sand bags a bipod is for hunting. Besides it causes vibration..
These are the minimum requirements. only you will know what it takes to move up by trial and error. Your rifle will tell you what it does not like first and will let you know what it likes second..
Good Luck
Wow!! Thanks for all of that info.!!! I appreciate it. I really wanted my rifle to be a hunting/precision rifle. If that scope will fit the description then I'll looks more into those models. As far as triggers, I think my rifle came with a Geissele SSA trigger. The rifle is an 18" LaRue PredaTAR 7.62. I will also look into sand bags. Will off the shelf ammo (PMC Bronze) be good enough to reach out to +\- 600 yards?
Old 09-27-2013, 8:05 PM

Default 600 yards

Quote:
Wow!! Thanks for all of that info.!!! I appreciate it. I really wanted my rifle to be a hunting/precision rifle. If that scope will fit the description then I'll looks more into those models. As far as triggers, I think my rifle came with a Geissele SSA trigger. The rifle is an 18" LaRue PredaTAR 7.62. I will also look into sand bags. Will off the shelf ammo (PMC Bronze) be good enough to reach out to +\- 600 yards?
The twist in your barrel is 1:11.25 right hand, so you have the capability. One slight draw back is the 18" barrel (No Worries). If Factory is your choice then the Federal Gold Medal Macth and Black Hills match, load the 175gr Sierra Match King HPBT. Those will take you to 600yards easily.
The Hornady Match 175gr HPBT and the 178gr A-max are as good and better priced. My advise would be to hand load, while the factory ammo is very good. Hand loads will out perform them as they are loaded specifically for your rifles chamber rather than SAMMI spec. I can help you achieve these goals if you are willing to learn how..

Archie P.

Last edited by Clever; 09-27-2013 at 8:26 PM..
Old 09-28-2013, 7:22 AM

Anyone else interested in PISTOL slow fire for accuracy on Sunday afternoon? Looks like we still have 8 people commited. PM me and let me know if you can make it. NO RIFLES this time! The rife classes will happen, but not tomorrow. Please remember to bring hearing protection, pistol, pistol ammo, targets, target stand, chair and bottle of water.
Old 09-28-2013, 6:23 PM

The people who conatacted me, I have sent PMs to confirm for tomorrow, I have 7 people who have commited, but not everyone has confirmed. We will meet at 4 pm tomorrow on ETHENAC Rd and Big Bear intesection in zip code 92570. class will last for about 1 hour then we will go shoot. PISTOLS ONLY tomorrow. PM for details.
Old 09-29-2013, 2:26 PM

Ok we are on for 4 o clock for those of you that want to make it out at 4 i have room for 3 more shooters.
Old 09-29-2013, 3:03 PM

Look for a white on ste bronco

Last edited by twomanattact; 09-29-2013 at 9:24 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 4:18 PM

I live in Murrieta and wouldn't mind joining in on this in the near future. I know some things, but I'm always open to learning.
Old 09-29-2013, 7:18 PM

I want to thank twomanattack (Chris) for a great stress free day. Excellent individual and professional and simply a nice guy. Thanks for your time and the pointers. Please keep me in mind for your next event.
Old 09-29-2013, 8:56 PM

I would also like too thank him for all the help after a year of not shooting and doing it wrong before I learned a lot.Also my daughter cant stop showing us her target she frame it on our fridge!
twomanattack is GTG!
Old 09-29-2013, 9:11 PM

Great job Jasmine. Hopefully dad will post a pic of your target! Thanks to the good people that have attened my classes. Those of us who know how to, need to share our expreince with the people that will change things in the future. We need to pass on our knowledge to those who love freedom and teach our young to respect it. If we dont teach the uninterested and young people then we will lose more of our freedoms to political agenda. Everyone here on this board knows that our freedoms are being encrouched upon, the more you do to generate interest in our sport, the less we will lose. If you have good quality information to pass to people, teach it. Share it. With the cost of ammo, range fees and firearms going up consider teaching your trade for free. It is VERY fulfilling, what you lose in $$$ is made up in pride.

Here is her group with the 22 LR. I am impressed!

Last edited by twomanattact; 09-30-2013 at 4:59 PM..
Old 09-29-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever View Post
The twist in your barrel is 1:11.25 right hand, so you have the capability. One slight draw back is the 18" barrel (No Worries). If Factory is your choice then the Federal Gold Medal Macth and Black Hills match, load the 175gr Sierra Match King HPBT. Those will take you to 600yards easily.
The Hornady Match 175gr HPBT and the 178gr A-max are as good and better priced. My advise would be to hand load, while the factory ammo is very good. Hand loads will out perform them as they are loaded specifically for your rifles chamber rather than SAMMI spec. I can help you achieve these goals if you are willing to learn how..

Archie P.
I'm always willing to learn. Especially learning from someone that knows what they're doing.
Old 09-30-2013, 5:03 PM

i would love to get some advice on how to better utilize my firearms from some experts!! im in Rancho Cucamonga and would love to attend the next time you have a session. I have a rifle and a handgun that i would like to get better at using...

Thanks twomanattact ... we definitely need more people out there like you willing to spread the knowledge without anything in return..

Cheers and looking forward to meeting soon.
Old 10-02-2013, 6:35 AM

Default Classes this weekend?

Just wondering if there will be any classes offered this weekend or is everyone going to the ontario gun show?
Old 10-04-2013, 8:59 PM

bump
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 PM

Will there be another class offered?
Old 10-28-2013, 4:13 PM

Count me as another interested party, always wanting and willing to learn.

California Reloading Club - IE Section
Old 10-28-2013, 4:36 PM

Hey All

I'm in sounds like fun and could always learn a thing or two.
Old 11-04-2013, 7:41 AM

i would be interested in this too if still being offered. i recently moved into menifee. I welcome every opportunity to learn and meet good people in my area.

Last edited by toklad; 11-04-2013 at 7:43 AM..
Old 11-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Clever and 04_e46, with all due respect, since this is twomanattact's thread, would you please continue your conversation via pm or begin a new thread. This will keep the continuity of his thread.

Clever, when he decides to teach rifle, you two may be able to work something out via pms wherein you both can post about that class here. Until then, please let's stay with his classes. Thank you both.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the interest in the classes. I have stopped offering classes. Several reasons ... I will only list the ones that pertain to this forum. I was offering class near my home where I shoot alot with my kids and friends. It is an area where people inherantly dump trash for whatever reason. I would find spots that were trash free and be sure and remove ours after prac app was over. Since offering the classes, I started seeing a signifcatnt amount of shooters trash being left behind. On a saturday, i ventured out on my quad to see who was doing this, I stopped and talked to some people, one of the questions I asked was how they found that spot and several of them told me they were refered by people that had attended my class on calguns. After leaving and letting them be, I decided to go back out and see what kind of trash they had left behind. In both cases it was a significant amount of shooters trash. Targets, shotgun shells, etc ... That is one reason I quit taking people out. Another reason is that people were taking the class only to find a local shooting spots and not for the benifit of their children, spouse or self improvement. One more thing that stopped me was people would commit on here then flake. I would reserve my weekend expecting a group of 7-10 and sometimes not everyone would show up. There are other reasons, but that is what has happened to the classes. Thanks to all the good people that came out, learned, improved and enjoyed. Sorry that we cannot continue . . .

Last edited by twomanattact; 11-06-2013 at 1:10 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 1:12 PM

Default missed opp.

Hi O.P.
Sorry the wife and I never had the chance to attend one of your classes.

All I can say is wow! People never suprise me, what a shame that a few spoiled it for the many.

Maybe be we will get another chance sometime in the future.

Thanks for everything you tried to do.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:20 PM

That sucks! I read this entire thread from front to back hoping to find when the next shooting class was going to take place. I always shoot with my kids unless its work related. I'm very sorry and pissed to hear that you had to stop offering FREE instruction, due to a few stupid people. I see this a lot in the Riv. County area, people find a place to shoot and then trash it. As if the trash is just going to fly away or grow legs and walk to the dump. I guess me and my daughter wont get a chance to meet you, but thanks for what you tried to do.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:46 PM

It was definitely my pleasure helping those that came out. A new range is supposed to open jn the area. I may resume my classes there at some point.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomanattact View Post
It was definitely my pleasure helping those that came out. A new range is supposed to open jn the area. I may resume my classes there at some point.

If you do, my wife and I are interested. I'll keep tabs here and PM you for specifics if/when the opportunity presents itself.

Sent from the Tardis using Taptalk

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1224

"The sole basis of education is to turn mirrors into windows" - Sydney J. Harris

"Life is a disease: s€xually transmitted, and invariably fatal." -Neil Gaiman

SWAG - "Scientific Wild *** Guess"
Old 12-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Veteran Member

very neat and cool
Old 12-30-2013, 5:16 AM

Default Great news

Hello O.P. and Happy New year All

Great News that the classes might begin again, as I just got the wife into shooting.
I read about the new Perris range, checked out the place on the net, it looks pretty nice.

Looking forward to hearing more about the classes in the new year.

Thanks again O.P.
Old 12-30-2013, 7:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomanattact View Post
Now there is some good news for the New Year!

Keep me and the family in mind if and when you start back up.

California Reloading Club - IE Section
Old 01-01-2014, 7:46 PM

Its going to be a while
Old 01-02-2014, 8:52 AM

Great, when might you be up north? Livermore/Pleasanton Range and/or Chabot?

Southern Calif has all the fun

1911Tuner (That one's my own. I'm a rescuer. It's What I do.)
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

sorry to hear it ended this way
Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 PM

If you do start up again, my wife and me would be very interested in attending a class. Thank you.