Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 08-25-2017, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TomT_ View Post
Which on are you talking about? There's two Enhance Elite P229 on the Roster one in 9 and one in 40, both has the LCI. The pictures on the internet is no accurate.
My Enhanced Elite has the LCI and the magazine disconnect. I like the gun a lot, but those two "features" should go, IMO. I'll take out the magazine disconnect when I get up the nerve. The LCI is more of a mess, but tolerable.
Old 08-25-2017, 8:57 PM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxtrion View Post
Well I did it OP. 10 day wait starts today.

Good luck in your shopping.
Does this one have LCI & mag disco?
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

******* Consider your final destiny, there is no second chance there. *******
Old 08-25-2017, 9:16 PM

You have to decide if you want a rail or not.

If you're going to go strictly 9mm, I would highly suggest finding a used P228. The balance is considerably different than a P229. It's lighter and points much more naturally. It was carried by USAF pilots as the M11 (not to be confused with the recent M11-A1). It is arguably one of THE best Sig P series pistols ever made. The later models came with a rail as an option.

If you want the heavier weight, rail, or want to shoot larger calibers then get the P229. I recommend the legacy variant with short extractor. The newer versions with long extractor work, but I'm not fond of them for some odd reason.

The P229 was created to handle the .357 Sig round at the request of the Secret Service after Reagan was shot. They realized that the low ammo capacity of their .357 Mag revolvers would be a future issue when trying to protect the POTUS so they requested that gun makers submit a semi-auto pistol that shot a round mimicking .357 Mag velocities. Thus the P229 was born in .357 Sig. Original loads of this caliber were rated at 1400 ft/sec with around 600 lbs of energy. It was so effective at barrier penetration with reliable expansion that the Air Marshals (P229) and many State Trooper agencies also adopted the caliber.

I do have to warn you that the P228 and early P229 9mm models used the P228 frame which utilizes the old, slimmer mags (P226 sized). The newer style P229 frames use the .40/.357 Sig frame allowing for more round capacity. The magwell is physically wider and the newer magazines are called P229-1 magazines. Oddly, the P226 never received this update.

Basically, you cannot up a caliber conversion with an older P228 or P229 9mm frame. Also, get the SRT. Sig makes the best DA/SA trigger on the planet. I've carried my P228 9mm, P229 .357 Sig, and P224 .357 Sig for years.

Feel free to ask for more info. I'm a Sig fan boy. LOL
Old 08-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Don't buy one. If you do then you won't stop till you have them all.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
You have to decide if you want a rail or not.

If you're going to go strictly 9mm, I would highly suggest finding a used P228. The balance is considerably different than a P229. It's lighter and points much more naturally. It was carried by USAF pilots as the M11 (not to be confused with the recent M11-A1). It is arguably one of THE best Sig P series pistols ever made. The later models came with a rail as an option.

If you want the heavier weight, rail, or want to shoot larger calibers then get the P229. I recommend the legacy variant with short extractor. The newer versions with long extractor work, but I'm not fond of them for some odd reason.

The P229 was created to handle the .357 Sig round at the request of the Secret Service after Reagan was shot. They realized that the low ammo capacity of their .357 Mag revolvers would be a future issue when trying to protect the POTUS so they requested that gun makers submit a semi-auto pistol that shot a round mimicking .357 Mag velocities. Thus the P229 was born in .357 Sig. Original loads of this caliber were rated at 1400 ft/sec with around 600 lbs of energy. It was so effective at barrier penetration with reliable expansion that the Air Marshals (P229) and many State Trooper agencies also adopted the caliber.

I do have to warn you that the P228 and early P229 9mm models used the P228 frame which utilizes the old, slimmer mags (P226 sized). The newer style P229 frames use the .40/.357 Sig frame allowing for more round capacity. The magwell is physically wider and the newer magazines are called P229-1 magazines. Oddly, the P226 never received this update.

Basically, you cannot up a caliber conversion with an older P228 or P229 9mm frame. Also, get the SRT. Sig makes the best DA/SA trigger on the planet. I've carried my P228 9mm, P229 .357 Sig, and P224 .357 Sig for years.

Feel free to ask for more info. I'm a Sig fan boy. LOL
+1 and very on point above...

I would add to suggest Robert Burke if you like to further smoothen your Sig's trigger or action, etc.... he's the man for Sigs
Old 08-26-2017, 8:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barang View Post
Does this one have LCI & mag disco?
I bought this new. So unfortunately it does. I looked in the market place for one without CA special features but got too impatient after a couple weeks.

I plan on removing the mag disconnect and shaving the LCI.
Old 08-26-2017, 9:37 AM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxtrion View Post
I bought this new. So unfortunately it does. I looked in the market place for one without CA special features but got too impatient after a couple weeks.

I plan on removing the mag disconnect and shaving the LCI.
Thanks. I went back to read your OP and you did say it was kali-version (DUH! ).

I thought that EE are not neutered but not so. And by the way, at one time I was also waiting for used one in the market section but it was rare.
Heb 9:27 "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement."

Old 08-26-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I went back to read your OP and you did say it was kali-version (DUH! ).

I thought that EE are not neutered but not so. And by the way, at one time I was also waiting for used one in the market section but it was rare.

All new variants of the P226 and P229 on the CA roster have the LCI and MDC. I believe that the roster still has or had variants without them, but Sig might've removed them the last year.

The P239, P220, SP2022 as well as the 1911 variants are still free of these features. Can you even imagine a 1911 style pistol with LCI and MDC? Yuck. Wait, the P238.
Old 08-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Calguns Addict

I have the non-CA P229 Scorpion. It's a nice shooter.
Old 08-28-2017, 9:47 AM
His Glorious Reappearing
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbu_yoshi View Post
All new variants of the P226 and P229 on the CA roster have the LCI and MDC. I believe that the roster still has or had variants without them, but Sig might've removed them the last year.

The P239, P220, SP2022 as well as the 1911 variants are still free of these features. Can you even imagine a 1911 style pistol with LCI and MDC? Yuck. Wait, the P238.
Glad Wife and I bought them before the Kali-version. THere is only one neutered that she bought and is now assigned for range use only.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Glad Wife and I bought them before the Kali-version. THere is only one neutered that she bought and is now assigned for range use only.
Yea, Sig was so stupid for letting them fall off roster.

I have mixed feelings about Ron Cohen.