Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2015, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrodriguez View Post
We had a great turnout. Thank you to the 10 that showed. We had a great crowd. We shot from 7-9, some stayed longer to close up the range. Everyone was more than willing to allow others to shoot their firearms. I can't say enough about how friendly everyone was. Can't wait for next month's shoot. Hopefully we can get a few more Gunners next outing. Thanks again to all. Also, big thanks to The Gun Range for working to accommodate such a large group on a busy night.
Great time, thanks again for putting it all together Rodney. I have Got to finally put in the time and build myself an AR, have all of the Pistols that I need for a while.

Seen on a LGS Wall.
Without the Second, there would be No First!!
Old 10-21-2015, 10:28 PM

Darn it. Missed this shoot.
Old 10-22-2015, 6:19 AM

Yes thanks again Rodney. It was nice to put some faces to some names and to test out everyone's gear. I must say M&PMarine's CZ's are sweet. I will have to add one to my growing list of stuff to buy. A big thank you to Sapper/Dave for setting me up with the MBUS. It was a great night of shooting. I picked up my Calguns shirt so now I'm ready for the next meeting.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

A couple of guys were asking about the map to NorCal shooting areas. I told them I would drop the link here. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...k.kXIerPvCa1tk

I'm a big fan of Bonetti Road / Emigrant Gap and Capps Crossing Road. If any of you guys that have never been there and want to go with someone so that know exactly where it is feel free to PM me and we can set something up. I go there often. Just remember to pack out what you pack in and don't put targets up on live trees.

I had a great time getting to know you guys. I'm already looking forward to the next one. And now I have a new favorite shirt, thanks again RosevilleGunner.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:16 AM
CGN Contributor

That's a great link. Thanks.

Can you drive right up to Bonetti Road/ Emigrant Gap and Capps Crossing Road? Or do you have to walk a ways in?
Old 10-22-2015, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1957 View Post
That's a great link. Thanks.

Can you drive right up to Bonetti Road/ Emigrant Gap and Capps Crossing Road? Or do you have to walk a ways in?
It's open during the fall, spring and summer. The access gates to Mormon Emigrant trail are closed to vehicle traffic during the winter because it gets heavy snow and they do not plow the road. The gates usually are closed from around the 1st of December until April 1st. However if you have a serious 4 wheeling rig you can still get out there even during the deep snow.

You can drive right up to the shooting spots during the time of year that the access gates are open. You don't need 4 wheel drive or anything. Many people drive up in their minivans and little Honda cars. It's a National Forest so technically you can shoot anywhere out their as long as you observe California laws, Their are many spots on Bonetti Road that are very obviously shooting spots. Once you get about a mile down Bonetti the spots are all over the place. Bonetti has .5 mile markers painted on trees to let you know how far in you have gone.

The ELDorado National Forest website lists the seasonal road closures. The access to Bonetti is listed as Forest Route 5 on the seasonal list. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldora...fsbdev7_019037 If winter starts late or the winter thaw comes early they open/close the gates accordingly.

Ah memories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbV7YRUChi8

Here is another video (not mine) that shows the drive in from Emigrant Trail Road onto Bonetti Road. The turn onto Bonetti is at 1:37. You will see some of the turn outs that folks use to shoot from. Their are a ton of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkFk_TdZw4s

Hope all that helps! If you need more info just ask.

Last edited by Sapperforward; 10-22-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Old 10-22-2015, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member

Any of you locals have a Sig P250? I want to compare the trigger to my P320C. You can most definitely test the P320C 9mm out.

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 10-22-2015, 12:50 PM
CGSSA Leader

Sapper, when you're arm gets better, well have to head up.
Old 10-22-2015, 4:42 PM

It was nice to meet everyone last night even if briefly. Next time if I know far enough ahead I'll request the night off. I ended up going this morning after work.
Old 10-22-2015, 9:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabcrazy View Post
It was nice to meet everyone last night even if briefly. Next time if I know far enough ahead I'll request the night off. I ended up going this morning after work.
Cab, as these Shoots do rotate the next one might just be earlier, possibly in the morning like the last one was. I am sure that Rodney will let us know what he comes up with.

Seen on a LGS Wall.
Old 10-23-2015, 8:03 AM

M&PMarine since the meetup I've been completely obsessing over the CZ 75. I blame you. I'm leaning towards picking up the CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical in a .40 S&W maybe later this year. Thanks alot for getting me hooked.
Old 10-23-2015, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosevilleGunner View Post
M&PMarine since the meetup I've been completely obsessing over the CZ 75. I blame you. I'm leaning towards picking up the CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical in a .40 S&W maybe later this year. Thanks alot for getting me hooked.
Hey What's a Brother to do? All I did was place it in your hand, you did the rest!! So I guess that later this year you will have to put that Icon in your Signature like I have!!

Seen on a LGS Wall.