Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2015, 9:57 AM

YES! thank you for being open later for us working folks. Was hard to get out there after work/fighting traffic and still being able to get in some shooting time. You will be seeing me more often.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:44 PM

Default Any Posted Adds??

Is there anywhere we can find any Posted adds for what is on Sale at Sacramento Gun Club? I see the once in a while Ammo add but was looking for one that would list Gun Specials and such.

Seen on a LGS Wall.
Without the Second, there would be No First!!
Old 07-10-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&PMarine View Post
Is there anywhere we can find any Posted adds for what is on Sale at Sacramento Gun Club? I see the once in a while Ammo add but was looking for one that would list Gun Specials and such.

Live updates are performed on the Facebook and Instagram accounts. You can find the links in my signature below. The ads are updated every Thursday, but that is up to our admin to handle. Alternative is to call the retail shop and ask.

EDIT:

I've updated the Sales and Promotions section to include the current add:

Sacramento Gun Club Sales and Promotions Thread
Mon-Thu 11 AM-9 PM | Fri-Sat 9 AM-9 PM | Sun 10-5 PM

Glock Blue Label Provider | Promotions | Pistol League | Sacramento | Norcal

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 07-10-2015 at 3:10 PM..
Old 07-18-2015, 11:53 PM

Come join us on Monday, July 27th from 6PM - 9PM for LE / Fire / EMS / First Responder Appreciation Night. Additional details in the link below:

Sacramento Gun Club: LE / Fire / EMS / First Responder Appreciation Night

Old 08-23-2015, 2:10 PM

(Here's BonnieB doing grandmotherly "tough love")

SGC Website STILL says "FFL transfer per year" today. Not "One FFL Transfer per year" for all three tiers of membership.

http://www.sacramentogunclub.com/membership#individual

Legally, you have to do what your advertising says. So, as of this minute, unlimited FFL / FFL transfers are offered and required. I suggest you do a detailed website edit. I'll even do it for you. Call me.

Also, doing changes to membership terms, rules, etc., without notification is bad business. Even if it's allowed in the contract. It makes us look disorganized, and that's not good with firearms. Please have your web guy make a "News, Updates and Changes" page. For instance, tell us what an old rule was, what the new rule is and why we think it's a good idea. I love the SGC, am a member, and shoot there all the time, and it pisses me off when the rules are different every-other time I"m there. I shouldn't have to check websites before I come out each time.

Also, there are tons of RETIRED OR DISABLED SHOOTERS who are available weekdays to shoot. Other clubs have "Senior Rates" (about 50% off) that are attractive to people on a fixed income. It would sure be fun, and sure help with overhead, if you could attract the mid-week Silver Shooters. (see? I can even make up a name for you !)

Please understand that it is not a privilege to shoot at the SGC. I am a paying customer, even if it is advertised as a 'club'. So, in the gentlest possible way, watch your PR. We DO have other choices.

It's been 9 months since the original opening, the shake-down period should be over by now. Really.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 08-23-2015 at 4:26 PM..
Old 08-23-2015, 2:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

i would like the rule regarding sandals be changed. during the summer, i as well as other shooting friends rarely wear closed toe shoes.

it was explained to me that an RSO had a young lady get scared by a piece of hot brass that fell on her foot thus the rule was created.

i think we can all say we have seen people do a lot of stupid things at the range. if we used the same logic as the sandal event, we could also say that shooting glasses cause injury by trapping brass between the lens and cheek.

Last edited by NYT; 08-23-2015 at 2:37 PM..
Old 08-23-2015, 2:44 PM

All general policy inquiries and range policy inquiries should be directed to the below emails:

Allan Kordik, General Manager
manager@sacramentogunclub.com

Kendall Jones, Range Master
kjones@sacramentogunclub.com

Memberships
memership@sacramentogunclub.com

Old 08-23-2015, 3:29 PM

Nope, we air our questions in public, you answer in public. That way everyone knows what's going on.

Remember which one is the CUSTOMER.

BTW, I absent-mindedly walked into the club in open toe shoes (full shoes, just open toes) and solved the problem with duct tape. Now I keep a spare set of lightweight closed toe shoes in the trunk of my car. Just in case.

But I do think, personally, that shooting in a tank top, shorts and/or flip-flops is pretty silly, I wouldn't do it. I generally agree with the dress code at SGC.

Last edited by BonnieB; 08-23-2015 at 4:06 PM..
Old 08-23-2015, 4:07 PM

Then, Bonnie, what you would do is send your inquiry to those email addresses and post with your first hand experienced outcome.

I simply cannot answer for areas outside of my control so it is best that you get a direct answer from the person responsible versus through the SGC/CGN Account Administrator.

Old 08-23-2015, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacramento Gun Club View Post
Then, Bonnie, what you would do is send your inquiry to those email addresses and post with your first hand experienced outcome.

I simply cannot answer for areas outside of my control so it is best that you get a direct answer from the person responsible versus through the SGC/CGN Account Administrator.

By creating this "Feedback" page, what did SGC think was going to happen? You ask for feedback and then tell the person to take the issue to someone else. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2015, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
By creating this "Feedback" page, what did SGC think was going to happen? You ask for feedback and then tell the person to take the issue to someone else. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You obviously failed to understand the 2nd portion of the post so I'll use it again. . .

What does this mean? It means that I can only answer inquiries that are within my control. I have resolved or aided in resolving several inquiries that were within my ability. I never one said that a person could not post here with their inquiry. They can document it all that they'd wish so that everyone knows what's going on.

Website, Range policies, and Membership belong to different departments and it is preferred that you, as the members, contact the departments directly. It creates a sense of urgency over an inquiry from an employee and prevents miscommunication. If you had any CS inquiry, would you prefer to go straight to the source of resolution or through a middle contact that can't directly aid you? Exactly. . .

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 08-23-2015 at 7:45 PM..
Old 08-24-2015, 7:02 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You obviously failed to understand the 2nd portion of the post so I'll use it again. . .

What does this mean? It means that I can only answer inquiries that are within my control. I have resolved or aided in resolving several inquiries that were within my ability. I never one said that a person could not post here with their inquiry. They can document it all that they'd wish so that everyone knows what's going on.

Website, Range policies, and Membership belong to different departments and it is preferred that you, as the members, contact the departments directly. It creates a sense of urgency over an inquiry from an employee and prevents miscommunication. If you had any CS inquiry, would you prefer to go straight to the source of resolution or through a middle contact that can't directly aid you? Exactly. . .
well then, if i were you, i would get the people who can answer SGC questions to create an account on this forum. particularly, i would have them moderate this thread as it seems you havent been able to answer a question yourself. as it stands, the majority of your membership are calguns forum members so this would behoove management of SGC.

it also doesnt reflect well on SGC that you are acting like a snotty little brat when asked questions about the club.
Old 08-24-2015, 7:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
well then, if i were you, i would get the people who can answer SGC questions to create an account on this forum. particularly, i would have them moderate this thread as it seems you havent been able to answer a question yourself. as it stands, the majority of your membership are calguns forum members so this would behoove management of SGC.

it also doesnt reflect well on SGC that you are acting like a snotty little brat when asked questions about the club.

That's not how CGN vendor accounts work; You cannot have multiple accounts as a vendor, but that's not relevant to the topic. The thread is moderated and we are aware of which members are also CGN members. You are incorrect and most of our members are, in fact, not CGN members. Our non-CGN members are routed to the same departments as posted here. Being a CGN member did not provide any additional benefits other than the free T-Shirt offer early on.

Like what Bonnie is doing, I recommend that you CGN members join the CGSSA Sacramento Chapter, this Sunday 8/30/15 for the meeting/event. We can address the CGSSA needs and go from there.

NYT, I've resolved one of your specific inquiries and it was determined to be an error on your part. It was resolved to a satisfactory level. You're welcome to discuss with me in person at the CGSSA event.

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 08-24-2015 at 7:30 AM..
Old 08-24-2015, 8:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
That's not how CGN vendor accounts work; You cannot have multiple accounts as a vendor, but that's not relevant to the topic. The thread is moderated and we are aware of which members are also CGN members. You are incorrect and most of our members are, in fact, not CGN members. Our non-CGN members are routed to the same departments as posted here. Being a CGN member did not provide any additional benefits other than the free T-Shirt offer early on.

Like what Bonnie is doing, I recommend that you CGN members join the CGSSA Sacramento Chapter, this Sunday 8/30/15 for the meeting/event. We can address the CGSSA needs and go from there.

NYT, I've resolved one of your specific inquiries and it was determined to be an error on your part. It was resolved to a satisfactory level. You're welcome to discuss with me in person at the CGSSA event.
i didnt say they needed to have vendor accounts. they can make their own personal accounts and reply in this thread.

i shoot at SGC weekly and every single person i have shot with were CGN members. we all talk, we all know each other and we all have our little frustrations with SGC. i am already a member of CGSSA and have shot in a few events.

you havent resolved anything in this thread to my satisfaction. you told me that SGC offered cerakote services when they in fact, do not. they contract out the work to applied arms in el dorado hills and chad does no cerakoting on the premises. you also said that members only get one FFL transfer per year but to bonnie's point, your website and your most recent post on the matter (which was redacted) stated otherwise. that is why i recommended you have someone create an account who can offer their assistance.
Old 08-24-2015, 8:41 AM

NYT, you may contact a CGN Admin or Mod to confirm this. Any non-vendor accounts of employees posting on behalf of a vendor will be banned.

Again, we are aware of who the CGN members are and the majority of our members have not even heard of CGN. We introduce them to CGN and the knowledge base that it holds. I was surprised when I learned of this as well.

SGC does offer cerakote services. It was never posted that SGC does it in-house. It was an error on your interpretation and as I recall there was something else to do with pricing.

Again, policy changes are above my head and I can only relay what I am updated with. In order to provide you with an accurate response and resolution I provided the direct contact of the people that you may speak with regarding the policy changes.

I forwarded the inquiries to the responsible departments as soon as the comments were posted. All that is needed is for you, as the paying members, to directly contact the responsible departments. There does not appear to be anything that can be said here that will satisfy your inquiry and there is nothing more than I can do for you under the circumstances.

As with anyone, I am more than happy to speak to you in person.

Old 08-24-2015, 9:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
SGC does offer cerakote services. It was never posted that SGC does it in-house. It was an error on your interpretation and as I recall there was something else to do with pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
do you guys offer cerakote services or refer to a particular applicator?
Quote:
Yes we do. We are also offer official Magpul colors.

Please see the services link in my signature. You may also contact our gunsmith for specific details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT
awesome, thank you. i will be by later this week for my membership.
SGC is not Applied Arms thus you do not offer cerakote services. SGC doesnt do it "in-house" or "out-of-house". Chad (the gunsmith) knew nothing of cerakote services or pricing because he doesn't perform the service. Chad and you work for SGC so the two of you would logically be defined as "We". John at Applied Arms who I got in contact with to do my work explained his services and pricing perfectly. He also explained that he was not an employee of SGC.

If you were honest and forthright in this thread you would have stated that SGC doesn't offer cerakote services but "We do contract out to Applied Arms". Instead, you chose to misrepresent the club and its services. Now you have the gall to state that I misinterpreted your post? Are you freaking serious?
Old 08-24-2015, 9:56 AM

I have a question about the upcoming fall league on Tuesday nights. Why hasn't anything been posted on the website about it? What is the course of fire? Will it involve multiple targets? How is it scored? DETAILS????
It doesn't seem like whoever is doing your website is doing a very good job updating things. It's 2015...people use the internet now. Heck you still have classes posted for June lol.
Old 08-24-2015, 9:59 AM

Under your interpretation, SGC does not provide any firearms related items at all; Our vendors/suppliers do.

You are incorrect regarding pricing. During the time of your inquiry, Chad was in the process of changing cerakote vendors. The original vendor could not meet our time frames so Applied Arms was contacted. There was no way he could of had appropriate pricing if our partnership was not yet confirmed.

Applied Arms appeared at our grand opening and it was transparent as soon as they were confirmed as our partner. We are not Applied Arms and they are not SGC, but we are partners. As their partner we do offer cerakote services as with the previous partner. When you leave your items with Chad, he is responsible for the QC on top of the already excellent QC handled by Applied Arms.

There is absolutely no sense in arguing with you. I have provided you with the appropriate contacts for escalation and offered to speak with you in person. I can have Chad present to review the situation if you desire. You shoot on site very often so it should not be an issue to do so.

I will be present at the CGSSA meet on Sunday and am working on packages for the organization. If you choose to participate, I will see you there. If not, then stay safe.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy75 View Post
I have a question about the upcoming fall league on Tuesday nights. Why hasn't anything been posted on the website about it? What is the course of fire? Will it involve multiple targets? How is it scored? DETAILS????
It doesn't seem like whoever is doing your website is doing a very good job updating things. It's 2015...people use the internet now. Heck you still have classes posted for June lol.

The league is the responsibility of the Range Master. The calendar should be on the website, however for specific details you should email him or contact the league coordinators. It should be Bill and Chris as they coordinated the last league.

The course of fire changes and is usually not available until the evening of each shoot to keep it fair for everyone. My recommendation from participating in the prior league is to practice all general bench shooting drills with single targets. Off-hand, unsupported seems to get people the most. Thanks

Last edited by Sacramento Gun Club; 08-24-2015 at 10:05 AM..
Old 08-24-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
The league is the responsibility of the Range Master. The calendar should be on the website, however for specific details you should email him or contact the league coordinators. It should be Bill and Chris as they coordinated the last league.

The course of fire changes and is usually not available until the evening of each shoot to keep it fair for everyone. My recommendation from participating in the prior league is to practice all general bench shooting drills with single targets. Off-hand, unsupported seems to get people the most. Thanks
I guess my point was, why didn't anyone post anything on the website about the league? Why make it difficult for customers to get information?
And the calendar on the website is kind of a joke. I mean June?
Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuy75 View Post
I guess my point was, why didn't anyone post anything on the website about the league? Why make it difficult for customers to get information?
And the calendar on the website is kind of a joke. I mean June?

It is to my understanding that the first league was to be word of mouth to confirm the turnout. It was successful and should be updated accordingly, however I do not know of the decisions that were made.

Those are great questions that should be directed to the GM and Rangemaster who are responsible for the website and calendar. I will forward your inquiry to them, but I also recommend that you voice your inquiry directly to them as well.

Click on the calendar then scroll down. All months leading up to September are present.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:12 PM

Ok, ok, let's everyone simmer down a bit.

1. If a firm sets up a 'feedback' thread, they should expect feedback good or bad, constructive or not. Whining is allowed but not attractive.

2. The guy who manages that feedback thread is not the owner or general manager, and shouldn't be beaten up for policy issues.

3. Bickering is not attractive, but clear explanations of "why" are good. Let's not get personal.

4. The owner or general manager SHOULD monitor feedback threads, even if someone else answers the posts. I think in this particular case, they don't.

5. The firm should not use the feedback thread to advertise sales. Event announcements, sure, but CGN has a special place for retailers to advertise. We can have that enforced, if need be.

6. It is MUCH more important that CGN members know what events are coming up, what specials on membership are coming up and what classes are available.

7. CGN members probably know the local competitive prices for ammo better than any retailer. We network. And we'll tell you if you're not competitive.

8. And last, re: communications, I had no idea there was a CGSSA meeting at SGC on Sunday the 30th.

There IS a CGN Sacramento Monthly Shoot scheduled then, at 10 am, but to my knowledge, people are just going to meet and shoot, I haven't heard there would be any kind of meeting. Maybe there will be, but I don't know about it. It's a CGN event that happens to be located at SGC, but it's not SGC's event. Shoots are rotated, it just happens to be at SGC this month. I'm surprised they even know about it. It's a local meeting, not to form any Sacramento CGSSA Teams, if I'm communicating with RRodriquez, the local CGN Leader correctly. I used to BE the CGN Sacramento Leader, so I think I'm probably right.

I'll check with RR, and update as needed. His thread on Sacramento Monthly Shoots is in the NorCal / Sacramento Forum. Facts are there, not here on the group's activities.

And again, let's play nice and not shoot the messenger...

Last edited by BonnieB; 08-24-2015 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-06-2015, 11:03 AM

Have shot at SGC 3-4 times so far, and on the encouragement of the RSOs with whom I've talked, I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" on a Silver Membership last week. My 6-year old son, who was with me, even got the free t-shirt because I mentioned I was a Calgunner.

Love this place! Very professionally-staffed, friendly and welcoming, safety-oriented, clean, and close to home. I will not shoot at any other indoor range in the area.

Eager to come more often, and share my guest passes with others who may be considering membership, too. FFL fees waived for members is a great bonus, too!

Thanks SGC!
Old 09-12-2015, 11:32 AM

They really need to crank up the A/C or vents inside both their rifle and pistol ranges. The three times I've been there it was too hot and humid to stay for long...SCG rep, if youre reading this, let me know when you guys fix the temp/humidity issue and I may consider the membership.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Swamp coolers. Commercial large building with ventilation issues. AC is recirculating and would not be cost effective. Having lived in the deep south, fotunate to not really notice a minute after entering.

I wanted to say thanks for changing policy on taking DL's for members, always thought that didnt make sense for members who paid up front for peripherals and dont have range fees due at the end.
Old 09-16-2015, 8:53 AM

Subscribing
Old 10-19-2015, 8:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxius View Post
They really need to crank up the A/C or vents inside both their rifle and pistol ranges. The three times I've been there it was too hot and humid to stay for long...SCG rep, if youre reading this, let me know when you guys fix the temp/humidity issue and I may consider the membership.
^ Yes. It's been miserably hot and humid each time I've been there. You've got a nice high end facility there but you're AC ranks right down there with the Gun Room.
Old 11-03-2015, 1:48 PM

Good to stumble upon this thread, I'll be swinging by!

Sad to see members bashing and being hateful towards their chosen place of membership. Can't please everyone all the time I guess, haha!
Old 11-03-2015, 2:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by racuerex View Post
Good to stumble upon this thread, I'll be swinging by!

Sad to see members bashing and being hateful towards their chosen place of membership. Can't please everyone all the time I guess, haha!

It's the nature of online personalities. Keyboard commando mode and mob mentality kick in.

I'm sure these Calgunners are super polite people in person. Every single Calgunner I've ever met in the "wild" was very friendly. Misinformed and/or a little mall ninja-ish, but friendly. Heck why wouldn't you friendly in person to other firearms enthusiasts considering that everyone around you is packing heat?

Radian & Aero Pistol lowers, Folsom
Old 11-07-2015, 11:19 PM

Hey what happened to the classes? Only one intro to handgun and two women's intro classes in three months? No advanced anything? No AR classes?
First you guys bait and switch the FFL transfers, now you eliminate the classes? What's the point of offering a free class with membership if there are no classes?
This is disappointing.
Old 11-11-2015, 1:34 AM

at 17 dollars an hour, what extras your range offers to beat the Gun Range's 17 dollar unlimited range time?
Old 11-11-2015, 9:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallShark View Post
at 17 dollars an hour, what extras your range offers to beat the Gun Range's 17 dollar unlimited range time?
Truth be told I asked myself that same question after I had visited both ranges. If you are only using the facilities to get in some range time and not looking to get into league matched and memberships than it really just boils down to price IMHO. I usually shoot for 2 hours at a shot. I go to the gun club if I want to pop in for a quickie by myself. I go to the gun range when I want to take my time and bring friends.

I really like both but price does does affect my decision.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallShark View Post
There's more to it than just "daily dollars". I factored in these things in evaluating The Gun Range, The Gun Room and the Sacramento Gun Club.

(YMMV. All comments/observations are based on my personal experience and do not reflect what may or may not have happened in other people's lives. The fact you may have had a different experience does not change my experience.)

Distance to travel from my gun safe:
GRG: 28 mi/ 39 min
GRM: 5 mi/ 8 min
SGC: 19 mi/ 30 min

GRG requires travel on either I-5 to I-80, I-80 through downtown or up Watt Ave. Traffic will lengthen the travel time significantly.

Facilities:
GRG: Close to SGC levels, reducing lanes to 17; max range is 25 yds.
GRM: Cramped, dirty, no ventilation, after a session, it is not uncommon to blow your nose and expel large quantities of firearms "soot"; usually only half of lanes are available, equipment is broken; wire target systems take additional time for the target to stop swinging. Limited (.22) rifle capability and Black Rifle unfriendly.
SGC: Clean, welcoming, easy access, multiple lanes, including 50-yd rifle. Ventilation seems to be a crap shoot; either no circulation leading to warm and humid, or meat-locker cold. (There does not appear to be a "Third Bear" - "Just Right"). However, there always seems to be enough air flow to keep the fumes and residue under control.

Staffing:
GRG: Adequate levels for normal flow;
GRG: Usually one guy on the counter, limited range control, limited interest in what is going on.
SGC: More than enough; Engaged, interested, helpful.

Support Facilities:
GRG: Limited space, with good range of products.
GRM: Full gun store attached with high prices, hidden fees and annoying customer service staff. Black Rifle unfriendly.
SGC: Wide level of merchandise with significant firearms sales area.

Price:
GRG: $17/hr unlimited
GRM: $17/hr, unlimited unless busy.
SGC: $17/hr.
-$30/mo (Silver Membership - now $35). Waived membership initiation fees (retired military); Shooting just twice a month puts my price at $15 a session. Also received 12 annual passes which allowed me to bring grandsons, wife and Sons-in-law with me. At two sessions per month for me and the additonal 12 passes, that puts my net, per-session cost at $10. (Annual dues/36 visits).

Add-ons
GRM: Unlimited range time, if available.
GRG: Unlimited range time.
SGC: With membership, Unlimited range time; discounts on training and Some other fees.

Decision:
Avoid GRM, even though I drive past it to get to other sites. It simply is not a pleasant experience.
GRG: Travel routes are limited to three choices, all of which are subject to significant traffic delays.
SGC: Travel time is consistent along available routes; Facilities and staff are excellent; cost is reduced and allows family participation.

Best.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 11-11-2015 at 11:20 AM..
Old 11-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I factored in these things in evaluating The Gun Range, The Gun Room and the Sacramento Gun Club.

(YMMV. All comments/observations are based on my personal experience and do not reflect what may or may not have happened in other people's lives. The fact you may have had a different experience does not change my experience.)

Distance to travel from my gun safe:
GRG: 28 mi/ 39 min
GRM: 5 mi/ 8 min
SGC: 19 mi/ 30 min

GRG requires travel on either I-5 to I-80, I-80 through downtown or up Watt Ave. Traffic will lengthen the travel time significantly.

Facilities:
GRG: Close to SGC levels, reducing lanes to 17; max range is 25 yds.
GRM: Cramped, dirty, no ventilation, usually only half of lanes are available, equipment is broken; wire target systems take additional time for the target to stop swinging. Limited (.22) rifle capability and Black Rifle unfriendly.
SGC: Clean, welcoming, easy access, multiple lanes, including 50-yd rifle. Ventilation is a crap shoot; either no circulation leading to warm and humid, or meat-locker cold. (There does not appear to be a "Third Bear" - "Just Right").

Staffing:
GRG: Adequate levels for normal flow;
GRG: Usually one guy on the counter, limited range control, limited interest in what is going on.
SGC: More than enough; Engaged, interested, helpful.

Support Facilities:
GRG: Limited space, with good range of products.
GRM: Full gun store attached with high prices, hidden fees and annoying customer service staff. Black Rifle unfriendly.
SGC: Wide level of merchandise with significant firearms sales area.

Price:
GRG: $17/hr unlimited
GRM: $17/hr, unlimited unless busy.
SGC: $17/hr.
-$30/mo (Silver Membership). Waived membership initiation fees (retired military); Shooting just twice a month puts my price at $15 a round. Also received 12 annual passes which allowed me to bring grandsons, wife and Sons-in-law with me. At two rounds per month for me and the additonal 12 passes, that puts my net, per-session cost at $10. (Annual dues/36 visits).

Add-ons
GRM: Unlimited range time, if available.
GRG: Unlimited range time.
SGC: With membership, Unlimited range time; discounts on training and Some other fees.

Decision:
Avoid GRM, even though I drive past it to get to other sites. It simply is not a pleasant experience.
GRG: Travel routes are limited to three choices, all of which are subject to significant traffic delays.
SGC: Travel time is consistent along available routes; Facilities and staff are excellent; cost is reduced and allows family participation.

Best.
You forgot to look at hours of operation.
That is why i go to The Gun Room (it is also 5 min from my house). No way I can hit the range on a weekday before 730 PM
Old 11-11-2015, 2:12 PM
Veteran Member

After joining SGC some friends and I have made going to the range a weekly thing. Going as many times per month as I want is outstanding. I simply could not afford to pay $17/hr or $17/session. Frankly though, my favorite part about SGC are the range officers, which really surprises me. Generally range officers at indoor ranges are total jerks that make me want to leave. The guys and gals at SGC could not be friendlier or more helpful.

FWIW.
Old 11-11-2015, 6:32 PM

Don't forget the free sauna The range is kept at 85 degrees with 95% humidity to help you sweat away all the toxins of the day...it's really like a gun range and a spa all in one
Old 11-11-2015, 6:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bainter1212 View Post
You forgot to look at hours of operation.
That is why i go to The Gun Room (it is also 5 min from my house). No way I can hit the range on a weekday before 730 PM
No, they weren't forgotten.

As I said, these are my considerations. Having retired a second time, hours of operation are irrelevant to my needs, so weren't considered. However, if I were still working, I would make SGC hours work for me.

They close at 9.

The last time I was at GRM, I found a spent .45 slug at my feet in the shooting booth. It had rebounded and was still warm. Access and proximity don't make up for that.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:03 PM

Pistol League Thread here:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...4#post17223314

Old 12-11-2015, 3:46 PM

Hello,

I wanted to post a quick review of the Sac Gun Club. No, I havn't received anything from them, and this is all my opinion. I met Jesse here after his thorough review of a new Shield 9mm and MagGuts in another thread. I asked him a few questions via PM, and although he refused to sell me his new gun, he was very good at answering all the rest of my noob questions. He even offered to let me try his Shield off work hours, since he wasn't working for a couple weeks. Fast forward to today, and after shooting at another range I decided to take the plunge on the Shield. I called around price shopping, and ended up at SGC. They were one of the cheapest, and had the gun in stock. The salesman I worked with today was professional, and helped me decide between the XD and Shield. I get the Shield out of jail on 12/21, and I'm hoping to spend my lunch at the range.

One thought, you guys should give a free hour of range usage for anyone that buys a new gun. That would be nice... LOL

Thanks for the great customer service, and answering all of my seemingly silly questions. I look forward to spending some time getting used to my new weapon, and practicing for my upcoming CCW course.

Coachie.

Last edited by Coachie; 12-14-2015 at 3:07 PM..
Old 12-14-2015, 1:22 PM

I think a free hour with gun purchase is entirely reasonable and a great piece of good-will. A box of ammo would be nice to include in the purchase too, especially for members.

However, no one should shoot a new gun straight out of the box, without reading the manual, dis-assembling it, personally cleaning it thoroughly and putting it back together in working order. If you haven't done that, you really shouldn't shoot it yet.

(for those who want to jump all over this, I make an exception for brand new Glocks which come with a wonderful copper colored lube that you should leave in as long as possible. But you should still dis-assemble, clean and lube all the rest and re-assemble before shooting...)