Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Sacramento Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2015, 6:07 AM
Veteran Member

I completely agree. Posting locations on massive open forums invites those who do not want to put in any leg work themselves. The exact types that don't put in the work to clean up after themselves.
Old 02-27-2015, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbology View Post
I know your intentions are well and the pictures can be very helpful, but keep the coordinates to yourself. I know the information is already available out there by searching and anyone can find it. But in my opinion and just mine, its the less frequent out of town shooters that bring in the debris and trash the place. Its disheartening that shooters would disrespect the forest by bringing in debris with no intentions of cleaning up.

Happy shooting!
Just to clarify
The GPS coordinates are not being taken to post on line. They are for use by those who due clean-ups there regularly. There are at least a dozen different shooting locations along a 5 mile stretch of the road so a description of "just past the bridge" can be vague.
And the trash is not just from out of town people, in fact the majority of the very large stuff is from locals in the Pollock Pines/Camino area that refuse to take it to the dump. Before anyone jumps on me for blaming the locals, I am one of them. I just happen to take the trash the out of the Forest, not into it.

Last edited by WLDWUN; 02-27-2015 at 8:13 AM..
Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 PM

There was quite a good turnout for Saturdays PLINK cleanup. I believe all the shooting locations and a homeless camp were cleaned up.

Thanks for everyone that showed up.