Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-19-2017, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavca21 View Post
Anybody else find the Vedder holsters or really any of the all kydex minimalist holsters incredibly uncomfortable?? Every time I try to wear mine, it just doesn't feel good!
This can actually be a mater of holster texture and finished. When I worked with Bob Cook to design the line of holsters I carry in my shop, we selected soft texture, fully covered the gun, built in multiple levels of adjust ability. Those on the board who have purchased them can give the board feedback.

Having said that, there is a very nice solution that I have found for Kydex holsters that the owner likes the performance but would like to enhance the comfort. I carry the specially designed leather backing from Holster Partners, and it is amazing. When the right size in selected it essentially turns your existing holster into a mini hybrid putting leather against the skin. I Have the full line in stock and if you stop by the OC gun Show Sunday you can see them. I give the name of the product because some of you aren't in OC and might want to buy from the manufacture direct.

I am less worried about a sale than that you carry your gun every minute your legally able to. It's a very well thought out product, and like everything I carry it's been tested and works. I suggest checking it out if you already own a holster and just want to make it more comfortable.
Old 08-23-2017, 1:56 PM

A little trade off between being accessible and concealable. EDC is a Kahr P45. More concealable in a DeSantis Invisible Agent. Rides lower in waistband, easier to conceal. Blackhawk 002 Commander, easier to access. Choice of the day depends on clothing.
Old 08-24-2017, 8:26 AM

It looks like the Invisible Agent is a holster that doesn't cover the trigger guard. That would be so dangerous, the trigger can catch on your clothes!
Old 08-24-2017, 10:09 AM

^ yah, definitely no bueno!
Old 08-25-2017, 4:52 PM

Obviously, not a good choice for either of you. That's ok. Considering the number of CCW permit holders, firearm choices and holsters available, the possible combinations are vast. I don't sense a risk of my clothing options causing an irresponsible discharge using my Invisible Agent. I'm not aware of any information on the aforementioned scenario you proposed. Please refer us, if it exists. I do see your point. I like all my combinations, though, or I wouldn't use them. I have and use many combinations.
Thanks