Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 08-01-2017, 9:26 AM

Default Thinking about trying out some more holsters.... feedback?

So i'm looking to try out different configuration holsters and need some advice....

Carry 1 - G17 with TLR1 and spare mag
Carry 2 - Shield and spare mag with HYVE extensions, pocket carry flashlight at night

I currently use a TREX arms Sidecar with the G17 setup, I like AIWB and i'm comfortable with it so I would prefer to stick to that location. For the shield I picked up a CYA holster off amazon which is working great but the only thing I do not like is the lack of a 'claw' to help push the grip closer. I have yet to pick a magazine carrier so that still in the air.

The holsters I have in mind are from Tier 1 Concealed.

For the G17 without magazine carrier (pocket carry mag)

For the Shield with magazine carrier

For the Shield without magazinecarrier (to replace the CYM holster) (pocket carry mag)

Does anyone have any input on these holsters or have any recommendations for other brand/models?

Last edited by xdjxklusivex; 08-01-2017 at 9:29 AM..
Old 08-01-2017, 9:30 AM

Trex arms makes some good holsters too. Check them out. I'm running an incog for my g19 with xc1. Love my incog.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2017, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLarr View Post
Trex arms makes some good holsters too. Check them out. I'm running an incog for my g19 with xc1. Love my incog.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah I like the Sidecar that im running but the lead time SUCKS haha.
Old 08-01-2017, 4:16 PM
Calguns Addict

JM Custom
Raven Concealment Eidolon (For the Glock 17)

Fighter Pilot
Old 08-01-2017, 5:05 PM

If you're open to considering the 4:30 position, then I recommend the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck v3 IWB. However, their new "ShapeShift" product includes an appendix carry option.

.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.
Old 08-02-2017, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
JM Custom
Raven Concealment Eidolon (For the Glock 17)
Ill look into those today, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag+1 View Post
If you're open to considering the 4:30 position, then I recommend the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck v3 IWB. However, their new "ShapeShift" product includes an appendix carry option.
I actually have the cloak tuck v2 IWB and OWB holster for the shield, I might give that a shot again and see how it feels. The shape shift holster is interesting!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag+1 View Post

Worst holster I ever tried.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 08-02-2017, 6:42 PM

I've been trialing a Q-Series Stealth Holster. Usually roll with a Comp-Tac CTAC. Amazingly low profile and stays put. Been able to wear shirts I never would have considered. It's growing on me.

Last edited by riprap; 08-02-2017 at 6:46 PM..
Old 08-03-2017, 9:14 AM

If you are in the aiwb club, I'd check out mastermindtactics.com

Their Grayscale & Mastermind lines are insanely reasonably priced for what you get. Great craftsmanship for 1/2 the price of some of the "name brand" big guys.
Old 08-03-2017, 8:15 PM

I have had a LAG Defender for my Shield for 2 weeks now.

Pretty decent thus far. I am left handed and carry 10:30. Good draw, secure and handle stays real close. I like that it sits deeps enough to be quite stable on me but can get a full hand on the grip.

It's a slimmer fit and more secure than my CYA.

It also comes with clips to carry owb, untried by me thus far.

Had a cop friend with LMS Defense recommend it.
Old 08-04-2017, 9:17 AM

Instead of Kydex, leather IWB holsters by Gun Glove Holsters (http://www.gungloveholsters.com/iwb-holsters.html) I've used for years. Many of my gun enthusiast friends and students have purchased holsters from owners Tom and Deb Allen. Referrals keep pouring in thus the company must be doing "something" right!

Tough Guy Levi
NRA Pistol Instructor/Range Safety Officer
Old 08-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member

The real question is there a problem with your current rig your trying to solve, or are you just someone who wants to try everything under the sun. And if it's the later what are your test criteria and have you started a YouTube channel?

Trying to solve a problem, I am willing to engage in that discussion. Trying everything for the fun of doing it, I only remind you that make sure it works before going out. The holster is a lynch pin in surviving real world encounters. Violent and sudden, unexpected, it had better retain the weapon in a fight or evasion, and present the weapon when you decide it needs to be deployed. All the cool gadgets and bling are at that point meaningless. Chrome on an engine looks cool, and accomplishes nothing.

Price is largely irrelevant to performance, and what works for one gun, body type or clothing style may not work well for another. Looks like you have a very competent solution, thus the initial question what is the problem with what you have that your trying to solve.

By the way pushing the grip in towards the body may help with concealment, it may harm a rapid deployment if you are seated or kneeling especially if you wear a undershirt that can inadvertently be grabbed at the same time. Body type will impact that.
Old 08-07-2017, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantar2 View Post
The real question is there a problem with your current rig your trying to solve, or are you just someone who wants to try everything under the sun. And if it's the later what are your test criteria and have you started a YouTube channel?

Trying to solve a problem, I am willing to engage in that discussion. Trying everything for the fun of doing it, I only remind you that make sure it works before going out. The holster is a lynch pin in surviving real world encounters. Violent and sudden, unexpected, it had better retain the weapon in a fight or evasion, and present the weapon when you decide it needs to be deployed. All the cool gadgets and bling are at that point meaningless. Chrome on an engine looks cool, and accomplishes nothing.

Price is largely irrelevant to performance, and what works for one gun, body type or clothing style may not work well for another. Looks like you have a very competent solution, thus the initial question what is the problem with what you have that your trying to solve.

By the way pushing the grip in towards the body may help with concealment, it may harm a rapid deployment if you are seated or kneeling especially if you wear a undershirt that can inadvertently be grabbed at the same time. Body type will impact that.

No real issue aside from the grip sticking out a bit more than I would prefer on the CYA holster with the shield and no magazine carrier at the moment. I really like the sidecar setup for the glock, it took a bit of getting used to and adjusting at first but now its dialed in well. Aside from a little bit of gut pushing on it the concealment is really good so the goal is to drop a few pounds.

It would be nice to have different carry options but I believe changing it up too much or too often isnt a great idea.
Old 08-07-2017, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdjxklusivex View Post
No real issue aside from the grip sticking out a bit more than I would prefer on the CYA holster with the shield and no magazine carrier at the moment. I really like the sidecar setup for the glock, it took a bit of getting used to and adjusting at first but now its dialed in well. Aside from a little bit of gut pushing on it the concealment is really good so the goal is to drop a few pounds.

It would be nice to have different carry options but I believe changing it up too much or too often isnt a great idea.
The less often you can change the better. Assuming a level one retention holster the holster is a little less important, than position. If your in a fight, you get hit or daze, shot or stabbed, are in fear of your life have run, gone into gross motor skills arena, blood on hands,etc, reflex, muscle memory will serve to keep you alive. If you have to change locations, draw methods, gun types safety no safety, then you are asking yourself to think more to accomplish tasks that should be more automatic, taking away the ability to think/focus on other tasks that require your attention to survive.

You can become good at many things, but mastery of many is much more rare.

A CCW situation will be an event you didn't expect, in a place you didn't anticipate, under circumstances you don't control, likely against an adversary who's skill set you are unaware of, but who means you deadly harm, and has already decided his course well you pass through denial and surprise.

Just saying. You can build foam blocks, wedges and other methods of tweaking an existing holster to see if you like it better.

Just make sure it works for you in every position you can think of.

Question when you draw, do you practice a one handed draw (weapon empty) and do you shoot from retention one handed or at extension? (range style)
Old 08-08-2017, 8:10 AM

Quote:
The less often you can change the better. Assuming a level one retention holster the holster is a little less important, than position. If your in a fight, you get hit or daze, shot or stabbed, are in fear of your life have run, gone into gross motor skills arena, blood on hands,etc, reflex, muscle memory will serve to keep you alive. If you have to change locations, draw methods, gun types safety no safety, then you are asking yourself to think more to accomplish tasks that should be more automatic, taking away the ability to think/focus on other tasks that require your attention to survive.

You can become good at many things, but mastery of many is much more rare.

A CCW situation will be an event you didn't expect, in a place you didn't anticipate, under circumstances you don't control, likely against an adversary who's skill set you are unaware of, but who means you deadly harm, and has already decided his course well you pass through denial and surprise.

Just saying. You can build foam blocks, wedges and other methods of tweaking an existing holster to see if you like it better.

Just make sure it works for you in every position you can think of.

Question when you draw, do you practice a one handed draw (weapon empty) and do you shoot from retention one handed or at extension? (range style)
Good pointers thanks! I do want to avoid swapping around a lot so thats why I plan on having similar style holsters in the aiwb position between both guns. I try to carry the g17 setup as much as possible but when I want to carry but cant take the bulk due to pants or shirt combo I use the shield.

I haven't done a lot of draw practicing but I did feel comfortable drawing 1 hand and preferred shooting from retention over extension style. I need to practice more for sure.
Old 08-07-2017, 3:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Get a Remora
Old 08-07-2017, 8:15 PM

You sure you wouldn't rather swap out those skinny jeans instead?
Old 08-08-2017, 8:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back4more70 View Post
You sure you wouldn't rather swap out those skinny jeans instead?
Not my photo :-D
Old 08-07-2017, 8:57 PM
Veteran Member

I have to say I am curious about the choice of a G17 for this role, and would like to confirm you don't carry wearing tucked in polo or dress shirt. If you wear either what holster and gun are you carrying, and where?
Old 08-08-2017, 8:14 AM

Quote:
I have to say I am curious about the choice of a G17 for this role, and would like to confirm you don't carry wearing tucked in polo or dress shirt. If you wear either what holster and gun are you carrying, and where?
I do not wear tucked in polos thats for sure haha. Im hoping I can use the shield setup with a tucked in dress shirt but the times I would wear it would be limited.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I do not wear tucked in polos thats for sure haha. Im hoping I can use the shield setup with a tucked in dress shirt but the times I would wear it would be limited.
If your tucked in needs are limited I suspect there are other options available.

Is your preference for the Glock 17 because you have standard capacity (over 10 rounds) [I hate calling the mag the gun was designed to carry a hi capacity) , you shoot the 17 better than the Shield or ??????

Obviously your proving you can carry the 17 AIWB, but it's never going to be the more comfortable option. There are round count solutions to the Shield, and tricks that make the bone stock Shield shoot really well.
Old 08-08-2017, 2:58 PM

Quote:
If your tucked in needs are limited I suspect there are other options available.

Is your preference for the Glock 17 because you have standard capacity (over 10 rounds) [I hate calling the mag the gun was designed to carry a hi capacity) , you shoot the 17 better than the Shield or ??????

Obviously your proving you can carry the 17 AIWB, but it's never going to be the more comfortable option. There are round count solutions to the Shield, and tricks that make the bone stock Shield shoot really well.
My preference for the G17 is because it feels like a more comfortable gun when shooting and it feels easier to handle IMO. No standard capacity mags here so round count isn't the reason.

To be completely honest the sidecar is pretty comfortable once you are used to it. Had I gone without the light it would be even more comfortable.
Old 08-09-2017, 2:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
My preference for the G17 is because it feels like a more comfortable gun when shooting and it feels easier to handle IMO. No standard capacity mags here so round count isn't the reason.

To be completely honest the sidecar is pretty comfortable once you are used to it. Had I gone without the light it would be even more comfortable.
Honestly the light doesn't impact comfort on most of the holsters I have tested, the impact is more psychological than real. It adds a minuscule amount of weight, but well within normal, and not enough for most people to really tell. The issue with the G17 is grip size, but if that is good for you then no reason to change.

If you have gotten used to the side car, I would use that with the Shield as well. (Mind you I sell holsters [not the side car], but all points indicate you should stay with what you have.

Since you like the G17, and aren't as happy with the Shield, I would recommend you consider adding a G26 to your fleet.

For most people the light is a early add on that is dropped, with the exception of LEO's. Main reasons to drop the light are pretty straight forward. 1) many of the smaller guns i.e. Shield don't accept a light. 2) you have the rules of shooting violation, never point a gun at something you don't want to destroy, but for all but the well trained and disciplined the tendency is to point the light to see. 3) Startle response. Pretty amazing in simulated environments where the target set isn't known in advance the shooter dumps the hostage, non threat actor who is "escaping" because they are startled well using the light. 4) If you can't see it (non home scenario) your going to have fun describing how you were in imminent fear of your life.

The key is if your comfortable with the large solution, I would bet your going to be happy with the smaller solution from this vendor. There are more compact solutions, but with the adjacent mag holster being your preference they do that design as well as anyone. If your happy with the product you have it seems they have reasonably earned your business.
Old 08-08-2017, 3:13 PM
Veteran Member

Make your own, way better than chancing it with random holsters
Old 08-09-2017, 2:23 PM
Veteran Member

OP, I don't think I asked, are you located in OC?
Old 08-09-2017, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Honestly the light doesn't impact comfort on most of the holsters I have tested, the impact is more psychological than real. It adds a minuscule amount of weight, but well within normal, and not enough for most people to really tell. The issue with the G17 is grip size, but if that is good for you then no reason to change.

If you have gotten used to the side car, I would use that with the Shield as well. (Mind you I sell holsters [not the side car], but all points indicate you should stay with what you have.

Since you like the G17, and aren't as happy with the Shield, I would recommend you consider adding a G26 to your fleet.

For most people the light is a early add on that is dropped, with the exception of LEO's. Main reasons to drop the light are pretty straight forward. 1) many of the smaller guns i.e. Shield don't accept a light. 2) you have the rules of shooting violation, never point a gun at something you don't want to destroy, but for all but the well trained and disciplined the tendency is to point the light to see. 3) Startle response. Pretty amazing in simulated environments where the target set isn't known in advance the shooter dumps the hostage, non threat actor who is "escaping" because they are startled well using the light. 4) If you can't see it (non home scenario) your going to have fun describing how you were in imminent fear of your life.

The key is if your comfortable with the large solution, I would bet your going to be happy with the smaller solution from this vendor. There are more compact solutions, but with the adjacent mag holster being your preference they do that design as well as anyone. If your happy with the product you have it seems they have reasonably earned your business.
Quote:
OP, I don't think I asked, are you located in OC?

Thanks for the tips! Yes I am in OC

I'm not not happy with the shield as I do like it but I prefer the G17.

Last edited by xdjxklusivex; 08-09-2017 at 3:46 PM..
Old 08-09-2017, 8:53 PM
Veteran Member

If you planning to come to the OC gun show next week or can stop by our shop in Lake Forest, try out a couple of carry methods well your there. No requirement to buy but it is a chance to try on different rigs. You bring your guns, checked at the gate, unloaded into the gun show, so try some rigs on.

My recommendation when trying on any holster put the holster on, and sit down like you would at dinner, work, in the car and draw one handed. Every vendor has a chair they can lend you.

Solves some of your original problem of wanting to try more rigs. If you go to the show, try stuff you aren't even interested in, you will become more informed.

Some people have accuracy issues with the Shield. There are a couple of simple answers. The trigger gets really nice after 600 rounds. Most people are more comfortable with the 8 round mag. If you have a big hand, break the rule you have always been taught and use you knuckle not finger pad to press the trigger. Makes a big difference.
Old 08-10-2017, 8:13 AM

Quote:
If you planning to come to the OC gun show next week or can stop by our shop in Lake Forest, try out a couple of carry methods well your there. No requirement to buy but it is a chance to try on different rigs. You bring your guns, checked at the gate, unloaded into the gun show, so try some rigs on.

My recommendation when trying on any holster put the holster on, and sit down like you would at dinner, work, in the car and draw one handed. Every vendor has a chair they can lend you.

Solves some of your original problem of wanting to try more rigs. If you go to the show, try stuff you aren't even interested in, you will become more informed.

Some people have accuracy issues with the Shield. There are a couple of simple answers. The trigger gets really nice after 600 rounds. Most people are more comfortable with the 8 round mag. If you have a big hand, break the rule you have always been taught and use you knuckle not finger pad to press the trigger. Makes a big difference.
Unfortunately im out of town for all 3 of the oc gun shows coming up ha. Thank you for all your help, I will be doing some more research and hopefully be able to try some stuff out before buying.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:24 AM

Default Raven Phantom (Discontinued)

I am a big fan of the Raven Phantoms that are currently on closeout on Raven Concealment's website. Might be worth a look if they have any left in stock.
http://rcsgear.com/
Old 08-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Unfortunately im out of town for all 3 of the oc gun shows coming up ha. Thank you for all your help, I will be doing some more research and hopefully be able to try some stuff out before buying.
If you live in OC you can stop by my shop inside Artemis Defense and try some on. I am not usually there but can come in by appointment if you need consultation. You can always call to discuss.

Stay safe, chose wisely. A holster is like an ejection seat in a fighter jet, you train to use it, hope never to have to, and if it doesn't work perfectly the day you do need it, your dead. That is why it's one of the most heavily tested, and expensive components on a jet by weight. Your holster is very close to the same thing.
Old 08-09-2017, 9:26 PM

It's so hard. I have the same pile of holsters everyone has.

The tier one holster is your typical molded kydex, I have them from on your 6 for my Glock 19 and my Shield. Both are great but I like the IWB "leather back with kydex" types (alien gear, crossbreed, they really are all the same) better because they conceal a firearm better for whatever reason. I like alien gear and crossbreed, both accommodate my neoprene allergy and are comfy to wear all day.

I also have become a fan of Rhemora clipless holsters also... and they all stay in place.

For my bigger metal guns I only entrust them to Milt Sparks custom holsters or mika Pocket holsters.

I own a zillion holsters but If I had to choose just one for a 17 it would be the crossbreed or the alien gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnoforn View Post
It's so hard. I have the same pile of holsters everyone has.

The tier one holster is your typical molded kydex, I have them from on your 6 for my Glock 19 and my Shield. Both are great but I like the IWB "leather back with kydex" types (alien gear, crossbreed, they really are all the same) better because they conceal a firearm better for whatever reason. I like alien gear and crossbreed, both accommodate my neoprene allergy and are comfy to wear all day.

I also have become a fan of Rhemora clipless holsters also... and they all stay in place.

For my bigger metal guns I only entrust them to Milt Sparks custom holsters or mika Pocket holsters.

I own a zillion holsters but If I had to choose just one for a 17 it would be the crossbreed or the alien gear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well Remora is one of only two friction holsters I would personally use, and I prefer Sticky Holster, do yourself a favor, try it IWB with your larger metal guns you will be stunned, secure and makes the weapon feel lighter through out the day.
Old 08-11-2017, 9:07 PM

I just got a crossbreed for my shield and like it. That said I'm thinking of getting a smaller gun.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalkid View Post
I just got a crossbreed for my shield and like it. That said I'm thinking of getting a smaller gun.
You don't need a smaller gun you need a smaller holster. My personal recommendation and I have fitted hundreds of CCW's, Galco King Tuck, Alien Gear, Crossbreed, Stealth Gear hybrids are best reserved for full size service weapons, and in most cases the heavier models. They are a mistake for small guns which will end up getting left home like big old cameras.

You need to ask yourself several questions, most notably what are you worried about in any design you look at. Do you wear a tucked or untucked look. Where on the body are you going to wear the holster and why?

The Shield is one of the easiest guns to carry along with the G43. As you get smaller, they can be easy to carry and hard to get a hold of in a fight, well moving, well seated, or with wet or bloody hands. The Sig P238 is an amazing shooting, but reloading on the move is difficult at best. Your hand size will impact your accuracy and gross motor manipulation. I carry my Shield safety off, but if your carrying say a Sig P938, you have to be able to work the levers under pressure, like someone knifing you. If you have years shooting competition shooting 1911s or other guns where you sweep a safety, no issue, if your bouncing between striker fired, decocker, manual safety you risk a mistake that could fatal.

I guess both for you and others what is most helpful is not what gun, what holster, but a discussion of what is it that you don't like about a current holster or weapon. Often there are adjustments or add on's that can fix the problem, techniques that can improve comfort and function.

Hybrids are often selected as a first holster not for what they do well, but rather to deal with the new CCW's insurrections about carrying. The advantage of the Alien Gear is that it allows the CCW who will likely start carrying with a range gun, and move to a smaller carry gun to avoid buying multiple holsters, but at some point is becomes ridiculously too big. (There are four backing sizes for semi auto's so it depends where you start).

Stay safe
Old 08-12-2017, 1:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You don't need a smaller gun you need a smaller holster. My personal recommendation and I have fitted hundreds of CCW's, Galco King Tuck, Alien Gear, Crossbreed, Stealth Gear hybrids are best reserved for full size service weapons, and in most cases the heavier models. They are a mistake for small guns which will end up getting left home like big old cameras.

You need to ask yourself several questions, most notably what are you worried about in any design you look at. Do you wear a tucked or untucked look. Where on the body are you going to wear the holster and why?

The Shield is one of the easiest guns to carry along with the G43. As you get smaller, they can be easy to carry and hard to get a hold of in a fight, well moving, well seated, or with wet or bloody hands. The Sig P238 is an amazing shooting, but reloading on the move is difficult at best. Your hand size will impact your accuracy and gross motor manipulation. I carry my Shield safety off, but if your carrying say a Sig P938, you have to be able to work the levers under pressure, like someone knifing you. If you have years shooting competition shooting 1911s or other guns where you sweep a safety, no issue, if your bouncing between striker fired, decocker, manual safety you risk a mistake that could fatal.

I guess both for you and others what is most helpful is not what gun, what holster, but a discussion of what is it that you don't like about a current holster or weapon. Often there are adjustments or add on's that can fix the problem, techniques that can improve comfort and function.

Hybrids are often selected as a first holster not for what they do well, but rather to deal with the new CCW's insurrections about carrying. The advantage of the Alien Gear is that it allows the CCW who will likely start carrying with a range gun, and move to a smaller carry gun to avoid buying multiple holsters, but at some point is becomes ridiculously too big. (There are four backing sizes for semi auto's so it depends where you start).

Stay safe
I disagree, my mini steathgear fits my g43 great, its accessible, and it wears small and close to the body... can't feel it.

1A-2A = -1A
Old 08-19-2017, 8:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You don't need a smaller gun you need a smaller holster. My personal recommendation and I have fitted hundreds of CCW's, Galco King Tuck, Alien Gear, Crossbreed, Stealth Gear hybrids are best reserved for full size service weapons, and in most cases the heavier models.

They are a mistake for small guns which will end up getting left home like big old cameras.

The Shield is one of the easiest guns to carry along with the G43.

As you get smaller, they can be easy to carry and hard to get a hold of in a fight, well moving, well seated, or with wet or bloody hands.

The Sig P238 is an amazing shooting, but reloading on the move is difficult at best.

Your hand size will impact your accuracy and gross motor manipulation. I carry my Shield safety off, but if your carrying say a Sig P938, you have to be able to work the levers under pressure, like someone knifing you.

If you have years shooting competition shooting 1911s or other guns where you sweep a safety, no issue,

if your bouncing between striker fired, decocker, manual safety you risk a mistake that could fatal.

Hybrids are often selected as a first holster not for what they do well, but rather to deal with the new CCW's insurrections about carrying.

The advantage of the Alien Gear is that it allows the CCW who will likely start carrying with a range gun, and move to a smaller carry gun to avoid buying multiple holsters, but at some point is becomes ridiculously too big. (There are four backing sizes for semi auto's so it depends where you start).

Stay safe
As usual, all great advice...

Big guns shoot well, but carry poorly for most of us.

Moving through a succession of carry pistols of through the years (1911>G21>G30>G26>G43/.45 shield/P238)

I can tell you unless you are limited to a full sized service weapon, the compacts and subcompacts are a revelation for several reasons.

They disappear in the waistband without being hard to shoot.

They are light and yet carry the near maximum number of rounds.

They don't require a large holster to spread out the weight.

Discreet, Legal Carry in 37 States...
Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 PM

I have a Stealthgear Mini for my Walther PPS M2 and like it a lot but after meeting with Grantar and trying on some sticky holsters I was shocked how comfortable they are and how good they stick where you put them. They are my everyday shorts and t shirt carry method, cheap but quality.
Old 08-19-2017, 7:37 AM

I recently had this same experience. I have carried the G19 for the past 2 years in a trex arms sidecar. I just ordered a incog and it is being shipped now.

I decided to sell the trex because it was very cumbersome to put on and remove. Also, it is very bulky and i had to buy jeans that are 2 inches bigger....part of that was my fault because I gained weight.

The trex is a great holster though. It is well made and even though is bulky, is fairly comfortable. My take, I not only have to dress around the G19, but also the trex.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 AM

Anybody else find the Vedder holsters or really any of the all kydex minimalist holsters incredibly uncomfortable?? Every time I try to wear mine, it just doesn't feel good!
Old 08-19-2017, 4:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavca21 View Post
Anybody else find the Vedder holsters or really any of the all kydex minimalist holsters incredibly uncomfortable?? Every time I try to wear mine, it just doesn't feel good!

What you don't like hard plastic pressed against your flesh for hours?

1A-2A = -1A